Ant-Man and the Wasp Official User Review Thread - SPOILERS

and can someone explain to me how Luis can shrink too without any suit
same actually

Lovely movie on par with the 1st film. Great chem again between Evi & Paul, some laugh out loud scenes like Scott 'being' Janet & caressing Pym's cheek :lmao::lmao:the whole crowd went insane! Paul is GREAT at comedy! gold :lmao: (I need to rewatch 'Clueless' asap)
Evi looked amazing with flowing hair & super badass in costume!!!

Also Michael Pena is hilarious as well. I wish there was even more of him! Pls Marvel, hopefully next time!

Loved that there wasnt any super villainous villain

the only thing I was indifferent is father/daughter stuff cause I dont like children :oldrazz: The actress is likable enough tho & I didnt feel annoyed like at some movies with kids.

the only thing I was indifferent is father/daughter stuff cause I dont like children :oldrazz: The actress is likable enough tho & I didnt feel annoyed like at some movies with kids.
LOL Just wait till she gets her own suit, powers and name, and has to save the day!....

We have two threads for this? So I'm posting here too.
I want a prequel with Douglas and Pfeiffer de-aged fighting bad guys in the 60's.

I don't know about a whole prequel, but in 3 would definitely like to see an extended flashback of Douglas, Pfeiffer and Fishburn, fighting together as Ant-Man, Wasp, and Goliath!

As well as a parallel modern scene with all of them reunited.

I love how this Ant-Family has grown, to potentially three generations.
Would love to see in the next all of them working together:

Classics at the helm: Hank(Ant-Man), Janet(Wasp), and Bill Foster(Goliath!

New: Ant-Man, Wasp, and now Ghost as part of their team. (assists: Luis, Kurt & Dave)

Future: Cassie in a new identity. Give her suit Shrinking and Quantum-Phase powers combined.
Combined Tech designed from her Grandfather Shrinking, from her Grandmother Quantum-Phasing =
The Gnat! is the taken?

AntManAndTheWasp5b2d80d6cc232-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
...how was Janet able to suppress Ghost condition just by touching her?

They explained that being in the Quantum realm "changed" her which is probably the explanation of how she developed extra powers. She, seemingly, imparted some of that energy to her. Clearly, based on the mid-credits scene, they needed to get more of the energy to stabilize her further.

I Need a GIF from Wasp in Luis' Story "My haircat Looks Business" :D RUDD was GOAT.

All in all I have to say I am a little bit disappointed. The plot was too predictable and catching the lab was too repetitive in my opinion.

Well, now I just want to know how the hell Scott gets out of the Quantum Realm at this point. All the mentallist heroes who could possibly sense where he is are dusted, except for Wong maybe. Maybe Stark, Banner and Shuri come across their abandoned equipment and reverse engineer the experiment to find that Scott's down there.

Luis must, must, must be in a future Avengers movie, and do one of his crazy recap stories with characters like Doctor Strange, Black Widow and Hulk (in Hulk form).

Well, now I just want to know how the hell Scott gets out of the Quantum Realm at this point. All the mentallist heroes who could possibly sense where he is are dusted, except for Wong maybe. Maybe Stark, Banner and Shuri come across their abandoned equipment and reverse engineer the experiment to find that Scott's down there.

Scott lives in San Francisco and besides BP's Wakanda HQ in Oakland I don't see the heroes traveling to the west.

Luis must, must, must be in a future Avengers movie, and do one of his crazy recap stories with characters like Doctor Strange, Black Widow and Hulk (in Hulk form).

That would be awesome. I can imagine the face Stark would make when hearing a recap. It would be more wtf than Mantis and Drax "Kick names take A__" line.

Scott lives in San Francisco and besides BP's Wakanda HQ in Oakland I don't see the heroes traveling to the west.

"Tony, our thingamometer picked up a strange energy reading. Someone tried to open up a portal to the quantum realm."

"Where's it coming from?"

"San Francisco."

"Damnit, Lang."

I think it was an enjoyable film. Though I feel like the film could have used another pass at the script stage. Just felt like some moments and lines could have flowed better. Wasp was great though.

I think the Quantum Realm energy/substance he's collecting in the mid-credit scene could end up being "Pym particles". Anyone else think this or already say it?

This will be one of the most theorized topics from now till next year! Just how in the hell does Scott make it out?? I'm thinking he finds a vortex yes, but I'm lost as to how he would know where to go or how and why it would even take him to the battle of NY without some kind of assistance.

There's a pretty simple solution for Scott to get out of the Quantum realm. They already established in the first film that if he uses the "Expander disc" (for lack of a better term) with his regulator and he'll grow back into the real world.

This movie pretty much solidified another part of the "Avengers 4 will take place in the post-snap future" theory that's been running around. My guess is Scott regains his size but makes a jump into the future where he helps the remaining Avengers go back in time to stop Thanos'. In the future, he sees his daughter, all grown up, operating as Stature.

This plays into my theory that the "big sacrifice" the Avengers will have to give up is the children they have in the future.

This plays into my theory that the "big sacrifice" the Avengers will have to give up is the children they have in the future.

Damn man, that's sad if that's the case. Try to out-dark that, DCEU!

There's a pretty simple solution for Scott to get out of the Quantum realm. They already established in the first film that if he uses the "Expander disc" (for lack of a better term) with his regulator and he'll grow back into the real world.

This movie pretty much solidified another part of the "Avengers 4 will take place in the post-snap future" theory that's been running around. My guess is Scott regains his size but makes a jump into the future where he helps the remaining Avengers go back in time to stop Thanos'. In the future, he sees his daughter, all grown up, operating as Stature.

YOOOOOOO! That is brilliant!

I thought it was the typical solid "B" MCU film. Some funny moments and good actions with some really good characters. It delivers exactly what you would expect at this point. Once again Michael Pena stole the show. My biggest issue was with Ghost. I didn't have a problem with the character in a vacuum, but I don't think she fit the tone of the rest of the film. This was a serious, tragic villain in what is basically a comedy. She'd feel more at home in one of the Netflix shows. I thought Burch worked better.

7/10

I really enjoyed the movie. Rudd and Lilly are great together. Older Cassie was a hero in the comics her codename was Stature. Not sure currently as I havent read comics in awhile.

As for who could save Scott, introduce the Fantastic Four who have been in the Negative Zone, Reed and Co rescue him. Wont hapen, but I would mark out for that. Or even just introduce Reed Richards pre powers .

Luis definitely needs to be in an Avengers movie, let him ko a henchman and then retell the story to one of the main avengers as only he can lol.

Ghost was cool. Loved her look

The ending was an awesome toy commercial.

did anyone else feel ghost's reasoning/motivation for hating hank pym made very little sense she hates him and blames him for her condition when by her own admission it was something cause by her own father ???

did anyone else feel ghost's reasoning/motivation for hating hank pym made very little sense she hates him and blames him for her condition when by her own admission it was something cause by her own father ???

Her father had sort of lied to her, or omitted that fact he stole the tech from Pym.

Her father had sort of lied to her, or omitted that fact he stole the tech from Pym.

Assuming Pym told the truth about him being a traitor. Either way, she hates Pym because her father was disgraced and lost his job because of him.

pixen said:
I think the Quantum Realm energy/substance he's collecting in the mid-credit scene could end up being "Pym particles". Anyone else think this or already say it?

Can't be. They already have Pym Particles (which Hank mentions by name) in the first film.

I thought it was fine. I liked it alot better than the first one. My personal take away is the post credit scenes.

I got chills when Scott yelled "Guys" and I found it errie with the last post credit scene with the neighborhood seeming so quite save the Ant.

I give it a B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"