Batman Returns : B
Catwoman : B
Constantine : B
Watchmen : B
Green Lantern : B
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice : B
The Losers : B
Daredevil : B

Wow thats not a good list to be on. I must admit though batman returns and kickass should be higher

Batman Returns is the only movie I like, watched it a ton as a kid and still don't mind watching it
Didn't bother watching Elektra, DD, MIB, Catowman,Constantine,BvS, or Losers.
Rest I saw and did think they were bad never watched multiple times.
BR is certainly my favourite from that list.

I will stick to the movie and move on and once again say Im not engaging with you on retaliation against someone for political views or scientific beliefs.
Don't venture into a political discussion and then act like you are being attacked when DKDetective rightfully calls you out on the stance you publicly took.

Peyton Reed seeing that he couldn't direct a Star Wars film or Fantastic Four like he wanted for years:

thanos-fine-ill-do-it-myself.gif
Yeah and now we know why he was never given either

Regardless of the cinema score, I’ve gone to two showings with a packed theater with families and for the most part the audience seemed to enjoy the film with laughter and a good time. I think the box office will speak for itself. Financially I think this film will be a hit. Now does it mean the criticism are wrong not entirely, but it no disastrous film some reviews are making it out to be.

This movie was overall pretty disappointing. I think I may have enjoyed Eternals slightly more. I could at least appreciate that they were trying something ambitious with Eternals compared to this movie.

This movie was overall pretty disappointing. I think I may have enjoyed Eternals slightly more. I could at least appreciate that they were trying something ambitious with Eternals compared to this movie.
You don’t think this movie was trying for something Ambitious?
Ant Man went toe to toe,With, KANG!

No. Here are other comic book movies with a B score

Elektra : B
Fantastic Four(2005) : B
Ghost Rider : B
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer : B
Kick-Ass : B
Men in Black: International : B
Batman Returns : B
Catwoman : B
Constantine : B
Watchmen : B
Green Lantern : B
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice : B
The Losers : B
Daredevil : B
I'm still confused. Does B mean B movie in Hollywood terms? Because I'm starting to feel self conscious about my solid B run throughout school and college.

The idea of some of those movies on that list being compared to Catwoman and Elektra is just lol to me. Seems like a very shakey system.

Also, would have been cool if they showed Kang killing the other Ant-Man and Wasp variants in other universes as part of a flashback. Or maybe some cameos of other Avengers as their variants like in DS2.

Would have been cool to show that and a completely missed opportunity. Old school Antman in their traditional outfits and maybe a few other avengers.

Also, would have been cool if they showed Kang killing the other Ant-Man and Wasp variants in other universes as part of a flashback. Or maybe some cameos of other Avengers as their variants like in DS2.
Yeah that would have added something for sure. They could have done more to show Kang’s threat to various universes.

Wandavision (last episode aside) and Hawkeye were fantastic
you crazy :o

WandaVision started out with an intriguing premise, but the last episode completely ruined it for me. Also, all the SWORD scenes were physically painful to watch.

Hawkeye was as dull as dishwater.

psssh, i repeat, you crazy

It was similar to not showing Gorr really killing any Gods just bodies yet he was a God Butcher. They need to establish the actual nicknames/titles by showing some scenes. Kang The Conqueror we didn't see much of how he came to be in Quantum.

Adding my pennies, my first reactions were

- did I just see muppets?
- so, everything in the QR is just like it is up here just smaller? (there is water for humans to survive on and food, etc)
- Is Kang really so "weak"?

This was not good for me.

Conceptually, I get Kang is going to be like a menace that just pops up everywhere, once you destroy him there will just be another right away somewhere else. It doesn't seem all that menacing.

The concept of shrinking in the QR was odd.. they at at what I conceived was the base level of smallness. Shrinking beyond that?

Every time Wasp carries Scott and flies away, it grates on me because if she can't carry him at full size, why can she carry him when both are shrunk?

Suspension of disbelief is my bad? IDK

Then, the end with a lovely birthday party for Cassie as if nothing happened, and merely a moment of Scott wondering if he unleashed Kang.... it was unfulfilling. It made the villain's efforts moot.

Eternals used as bar for failed material? you make me cry PM :(

It was similar to not showing Gorr really killing any Gods just bodies yet he was a God Butcher. They need to establish the actual nicknames/titles by showing some scenes. Kang The Conqueror we didn't see much of how he came to be in Quantum.
The whole quantum realm still mildly confuses me on alot of fronts. Like was
Kang exiled to our earth then shrunk? Was a portal opened up and thats how he got in? How are people living in the quantum realm if there is no food or water as said a couple times in the beginning of the movie? Did Kang after Janet fled somehow create these people and resources for food and water? Also in the beginning Janet tells Kang its just her but then again theres a resistance that said Kang took over their land. Alot of questions and scenarios Marvel just brushes over

The back and forth with all of the helmets was maybe one of the most grating things I've ever seen in a film.

If they've reached a point where they have to cannibalize one movie's post-production team to get the other one done on time then they need to start cutting down on projects.

I think the biggest problem with this movie is the "what it was" VS "what I wanted it to be".

Putting in spoiler tags just in case people haven't seen it:

- After seeing the trailer, I loved the idea of Kang being the one to offer Scott "more time" as a means of securing what he wanted. Instead, it was more or less a throwaway line to Janet. What was an interesting idea/concept that would have made for an intriguing film about family, instead became sort of a mindless fun romp.
- There really wasn't any development between the Ant Family and their relationships....they were all sort of just...there (especially Hope, who might as well not even be in the movie).
- Kang was a fantastic villain who was put in the wrong role. For someone who is supposed to be the next big bad (if you don't count the council of Kang), they really didn't send that message. His performance was intimidating, but outside of tossing Scott around like a ragdoll, we didn't really see any reason to be scared of him. Someone needed to die imo. But at the same time, there wasn't enough between the characters to make me care if someone was killed off.
- The holes joke killed me (in a good way). The MODOK dick joke, not so much.
- MODOK felt like a bit of a waste. His turn to "good" basically came out of nowhere.

All in all, a fun movie that felt like it had so much more to offer. Really felt like it was more of a vehicle to get Kang into the minds of the GA versus being a proper Ant-Man movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"