Gotham Any established heroes you wanna see on this show?

Ted Grant seems like a character you could put on the show without any costume and be perfectly alright.

Would love to see Alan Scott show up...

Detective John Jones y'all... i think he's even worked for the GCPD before..

I'm a huge fan of the notion of Superman and Batman and the rest of the Justice League being the second generation of superheroes in the DCU, with the JSA being the first. I understand that some people don't jive with that because they like the notion of Superman and Batman being the first two superheroes in the DCU just like they were the first two superheroes (in the modern sense) in real life. I get that, and I do kind of feel that way to, which is why I'm a huge fan of the compromise Geoff Johns came up with in the JSA episode of Smallville, where the JSA was a secret society that did it's crime fighting and world saving from the shadows, so Superman and Batman are still the first public superheroes who knowingly and willingly made an impact on the wider culture.

As such, I'd love to see some embers of the JSA show up. Maybe bring in Ted Grant and Wesley Dodds as the guys who taught Bruce how to fight and solve crimes, respectively. Have them present themselves as a retired boxer/Marine and an old eccentric criminology enthusiast, but hint at their secret double lives that Bruce seeks to emulate, albeit in more of a "loud kind of quiet" approach.

Jay Garrick fits that concept as well.

might as well leave it alone for now. Establish Gordon as a "hero" in his own right. Deemphasize the super-villainy as well.

I would prefer if they not include any super-powered or cosmic heroes.

Would love to see Alan Scott show up...

This could work well. The Green Lantern once patrolled the streets of Gotham, protecting the city while much of the police force was overseas fighting the Nazis. In the years that came after the war, things changed for the worse. The Red Scare drove the Green Lantern underground, suddenly thrusting the GCPD into the front lines of protecting the city, leading to the police to start taking illegal shortcuts, like back-alley deals with organized crime, to keep order. Eventually, the GCPD becomes more and more corrupt, and that brings us to where they are when Gordon comes onto the force.

This shows the downsides to the presence of a superhero in a city, and sets up a good reason for the police and the city to be wary when the Batman shows up.

If they bring in Alan Scott, they need to keep his comic costume.

If they bring in Alan Scott, they need to keep his comic costume.

You sure about that? :o

objjlsF.jpg

Yep. Retain the ridiculousness. Not everyone has to have a black or super dark costume. Keep the color!

Well I would like to see him in his classic cape costume...and not a man in a tin can. :p

If they brought in Alan Scot, they'd have to change his costume somewhat. I love Alan Scott, but his costume isn't perfect. I'd imagine that the best way to adapt his costume is to emphasize the pro to-superhero pulp adventure aspects of the character. Keep the orange sweater sweater and green pants, albeit with slightly muted colors, and replace the cape and mask with a coat and aviator goggles. Make him look more like the protagonist of a pulp adventure serial.

Ted Grant.
The Question.
Giovanni Zatara (and his young daughter Zatanna).
The Sandman.

-Sandman

-Wildcat

-Crimson Avenger

-Richard Dragon

-Zatara

-The Question

The Question. But not the Montoya version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"