Anybody have the most recent pics of Topher Grace?

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how his "bodybuilding" has progressed

I can't imagine he could get big enough to play the Eddie Brock that everyone knows from the comics. Maybe he'll surprise us though. Or maybe he isn't Brock at all.

In one year Matthew Perry went from not buff at all, to incredibly super buff. I'm talking about during the last year. If you see a rescent picture of him you will be surprised. With a professional trainer, strong dedication, the right diet, combined with protein shakes, and other safe pills(no steroids) you an get pretty buff, pretty quick.

Mathew Perry was never the beanpole that Topher Grace was/is.

I think I would be relieved to find out that Topher has been cast as Electro rather than Brock.

I just can't see them really thinking "Ok, this kid Grace looks like he would make the perfect Eddie Brock"

But I could see them saying "Ok, this kid Grace looks like a great Max Dillon"

Unless they are going for a Jekyll and Hyde thing where Topher's skinny Brock turns into the hulking Venom.

I mean, hey, Sam's casting choices have always been good and interesting. Every actor that has played a villain has been great. In the back of my mind I trust Raimi knows what he is doing.

Jason Martell said:
In one year Matthew Perry went from not buff at all, to incredibly super buff. I'm talking about during the last year. If you see a rescent picture of him you will be surprised. With a professional trainer, strong dedication, the right diet, combined with protein shakes, and other safe pills(no steroids) you an get pretty buff, pretty quick.

Chandler Bing is "incredibly super buff"?!?!?!?!?!?!? Do you have a link, I have not heard, nor seen this. I know he's had issues with his weight, but not that he was incredibly super buff now? What is your definition of incredibly super buff anyway?

Matis17 said:
Mathew Perry was never the beanpole that Topher Grace was/is.

look at the early season of friends, he was scrawny. Thenhe got fat, and now he's buff.

TheSlag said:
Chandler Bing is "incredibly super buff"?!?!?!?!?!?!? Do you have a link, I have not heard, nor seen this. I know he's had issues with his weight, but not that he was incredibly super buff now? What is your definition of incredibly super buff anyway?

Well I didn't see this over the internet. It was either people mag, or US mag, or a tabloid. But I saw the picture of him, and he was ripped. Except his legs are still kind of skinny. But the before picture from a year ago looked weak and scrawny compared to how he looks now.

didn't ryan reynolds get buff for blade and amityville? he used to be average/skinny in that show about the pizza place and he got ripped quick. you guys need to remember that these guys are going to be getting buff for their job with top quality trainers and nothing else to worry about, so if topher is venom, i'm betting he's hitting the gym and getting big.

Hunter Rose said:
didn't ryan reynolds get buff for blade and amityville? he used to be average/skinny in that show about the pizza place and he got ripped quick. you guys need to remember that these guys are going to be getting buff for their job with top quality trainers and nothing else to worry about, so if topher is venom, i'm betting he's hitting the gym and getting big.

Ryan Reynolds was never "average/skinny". Atleast not since he's gotten famous. In Van Wilder he was shirtless alot and he clearly didn't have a thinner or smaller than average frame. Topher Grace does.

He's just going to be an adaptation of Peter Parker sized Venom from the Ultimate version of the character, which I think is boneheaded. But anyone who thinks someone Topher Grace sized can attain anything resembling the least muscular panel of the classic Eddie Brock from the comics has no understanding of how bodybuilding and development based on ones own genetic makeup works.

WorkingOut.jpg

That's the closest I've gotten to an actual pic of Perry post-working out.

Here's pre-(massive) working out Ryan...

vanwilder19.jpg

And here's post working out Ryan Reynolds.

ryanreynolds_sm.jpg

not a giant difference. he started out much bigger then topher and topher has to at least get to the latter size. at least.

Ryan isn't even close to being as scrawny as Topher in that top pick.

It's possible he'll get to where you want him to be. Just look at Christian Bale in The Machinist, and look at him in Batman. It took him about 2-3 months to go from 120lbs to 220lbs. Admittedly he didn't do it in the healthiest of ways but he still got there incredibly fast.

Wow, pictures of Grace's face. How buff.
Perry lost a bunch of weight when he was addicted to painkillers, then bloated back up, then got fairly tight.
I still say the reason that Grace will be Brock is so that he just doesnt overpower TM with his presence. Can you imagine how a bodybuilder sized guy playing brock would look next to TM as spidey? Also, unless I am mistaken, when Venom first made his appearance, he wasnt as huge as he is now.
Also, dont ever doubt that Hollywood actors/actresses arent chemically assisted with their body transformations. Remember, steroids are legal if you have a prescription. Not saying that is what Grace is doing, just saying it happens.
Also, wasnt Grace shirtless for a scene in the "tad hamilton" movie? He was lean but I dont remember him looking anything like DJ Qualls, and most people seem to think he is that skinny.

No body shots? Can't really gage anything from those pics.

Ok so say that Topher somehow manages to build himself up from his scrawny teenage looking body into looking like Eddie Brock who is a bodybuilding freak that does not change the fact that Topher going on his work so doesnt has the ability to pull of the part.

I'm holding judgement until I see Grace in Spider-Man 3. I have no opinion on him yet. But That's 70 Show is funny.

War Party said:
I'm holding judgement until I see Grace in Spider-Man 3. I have no opinion on him yet. But That's 70 Show is funny.

Which is why I think most feel his personality fits Electro more so than Venom. Electro is a wise-cracking villain..... maybe he might bring out the wise-cracking Spidey for a change.

BTW....... I think he's The Chameleon :)

I'll be happy with Electro.

Elektro is fine, but i prefer him as an Eddie Brock under development. I have faith in Grace's acting ability, because he does a really good job at it. I just wish there wasnt a whole Goblin legacy that needed to be finished. I really want to see a new goblin so the story will be done and because i have been waiting for that for soo long. Thomas Haden Church being the possible Sandman and all and a Goblin cliffhanger at the end of Spider-Man 2 makes me want too many things at one time.
1. I want a new Goblin.
2. I want the Goblin/Spider-Man story to be finished.
3. I love Thomas Haden Church's acting ability and i want him to be Sandman
4. Topher Grace is a very good actor that deserves to be a villain, but i don't want Venom in this one.
5. Venom deserves his own movie.
:(

Sandman/Goblin :up:
Venom :down

el brujo138 said:
Ok so say that Topher somehow manages to build himself up from his scrawny teenage looking body into looking like Eddie Brock who is a bodybuilding freak that does not change the fact that Topher going on his work so doesnt has the ability to pull of the part.

did you observe his audition or something? Have you watched him try? How do you know this? You know sometimes people can play more than one kind of character. Alfred Molina use to play a goofy comedy role.

Compare Reeves acting style in the matrix to that of Bill and TEd. Completely different personas. Just because you can play one doesn't mean you can't play the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"