Reasons why i think Topher Grace is not Venom (clues say everything and its long)

Visionary said:
I'm not saying I believe this guy, but someone will get their hands on the script. We'll get about 10 people before SM3 actually comes out stating they have it, and it'll drive us crazy with rumors. But 1 out of that 10 will actually have real info, and maybe the actual script. Harry Knowles/Mori/AICN or LATINO REVIEW get scripts for movies a year or more before they're released...it's nothing new.

I agree that "someone" will get their hands on it eventually... probably... but this is different from other movies, Sony DOES try to keep the lid on the Spider-Man movies moreso than others... and rightfully so too IMO.

Refresh my memory on the the girl who's sister worked at Sony, and claimed to have read the script... I can't remember IF she got lucky with any guesses or not... or was she like usual... too vague to be held down on anything???

TheSlag said:
I agree that "someone" will get their hands on it eventually... probably... but this is different from other movies, Sony DOES try to keep the lid on the Spider-Man movies moreso than others... and rightfully so too IMO.

Refresh my memory on the the girl who's sister worked at Sony, and claimed to have read the script... I can't remember IF she got lucky with any guesses or not... or was she like usual... too vague to be held down on anything???
Perhaps you wasn't here, but I believe you were, when someone named Marlowe I believe--who answered every single question about SM2, and it turned out she was 100% right with every answer. She said her big sister worked at Sony, and her sister brought home the script and she read it. Turns out she really had the script, even Sony got involved and demanded that the info NOT be printed in forums...it was then removed from this site and a Star Trek site where Marlowe first answered fanboys questions.

Visionary said:
Perhaps you wasn't here, but I believe you were, when someone named Marlowe I believe--who answered every single question about SM2, and it turned out she was 100% right with every answer. She said her big sister worked at Sony, and her sister brought home the script and she read it. Turns out she really had the script, even Sony got involved and demanded that the info NOT be printed in forums...it was then removed from this site and a Star Trek site where Marlowe first answered fanboys questions.

I remember the poster, but I didn't remember what she had said, and if it turned out to be true or not. What did she answer correctly???

Sony are careless anyway. They have people dying whilst building a set, have expensive spidey costumes stolen from under their noses and they can't even keep the hired help aka Dunst to keep their traps shut about certain things and then there are the script leakages. Sony should just give up with all this MI5 secrecy bull-dung. Not only is it tedious but its embarrasing...

TheSlag said:
I remember the poster, but I didn't remember what she had said, and if it turned out to be true or not. What did she answer correctly???
The Doc Ock chip motif (no one knew about this until she said it), The train sequence (Ock/Spidey fighting on top of it), Peter losing his powers, New Yorkers finding out Spidey's secret ID, Peter and MJ not getting married (even though there were tons of wedding pics and what people thought to be the case), Harry finding the Goblin Liar (or this), etc.

James"007"Bond said:
Sony are careless anyway. They have people dying whilst building a set, have expensive spidey costumes stolen from under their noses and they can't even keep the hired help aka Dunst to keep their traps shut about certain things and then there are the script leakages. Sony should just give up with all this MI5 secrecy bull-dung. Not only is it tedious but its embarrasing...
Are you kidding, do you know how much insane buzz/focus SM2/SM3 has gotten from what you stated above? That's buzz that can't be bought.:cool:

Who's talking about buzz? Sure all the stuff I mentioned going on is definately going to have a few noses poking in the movie's direction, I'm just saying sony are careless with how they go about certain things regarding the spider-man movies. How many times have you read or heard someone working on a spidey movie say in an interview, "Oh, I cant say this and blah blah because Sam or whoever will kill me"?? Yet 2 days later we get Dunst or some one else spewing secret info faster than a speeding bullet.

But hey, what do I care, I can wait. If spider-man 3 looks as though it'll be good, I'll be first in line with my hand buried in my sweet flavored popcorn. If it looks like its going to be awful, then bring on the chinaman.

Sony isn't careless, no studio has complete control over every aspect of a movie this big--thanks to the internet. Like I said above, soon, someone will have the entire script to SM3. So, in the end, secrecy isn't really gonna matter.

I do believe sony is careless with certain things, emphasis on certain things and as I mentioned before, Dunst is a primary example of what I'm talking about. Surely, one would expect Sony to have enough influence to ensure Dunst can keep her trap shut but evidently we all know what the situation is like in that respect.

TheSlag said:
I think I'm not... wrong that is. How in the HELL would they ever keep a leak from getting to the press IF that many people got the script? WHY would these people NEED the script? They (casting agents, costume, wardrobe) need to know the characters, NOT the script.

Ever wonder IF they're just yanking your chain??? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Then I'm NOT alone in being "incorrect" then. And we know some second unit shooting has already been done, and the primary shooting is scheduled to begin this month.

Trust me. I "want" to believe when it comes to Gwen Stacy, or any Stacy in a Spider-Man movie. I've been leading the charge on "one shoe" (inside joke) for quite a while now. I still think Gwen and her father COULD and SHOULD be introduced as a means (if nothing else) to take the spotlight off the ALL about ONE girl.

It's just, you give nothing to hang my hat on here. I wish you could "talk" to these friends of yours and get something more specific, so we could judge IF you were right or not. Like Gwen's role?? Ultimate or not??? Love interest or not??? College student or not????

Any... frickin... thing. ;)

SLAG, baby! I haven't heard word from you now that Gwen Stacy has been announced! Very disappointing.

Care to ask any other questions? I'm happy to try to answer them.

I think Grace will be presented as Eddie Brock , although I remain less certain about the introduction of Venom , I have a feeling they may try to set it up for the next movie... BUT... I'm really hoping they try to put the Lizard into play for SM4.

Its always the case. We ahve all this venom talk but he will end up just being Hobgoblin or something like that.

buford said:
SLAG, baby! I haven't heard word from you now that Gwen Stacy has been announced! Very disappointing.

Care to ask any other questions? I'm happy to try to answer them.

Props my man. :up:

I'm still not postive it was more than a lucky guess, since I've been guessing that Gwen would be in SM2, and SM3 movies. But I gotta say, I'm starting to believe more now. ;)

I still wish you would of given some more specifics to back it up... but regardless... *Props* :up:

TheSlag said:
Props my man. :up:

I'm still not postive it was more than a lucky guess, since I've been guessing that Gwen would be in SM2, and SM3 movies. But I gotta say, I'm starting to believe more now. ;)

I still wish you would of given some more specifics to back it up... but regardless... *Props* :up:

Why, thank you.

I've never fancied myself as much of a lucky guy, and I wasn't guessing. But unfortunately, I continue to not be able to disclose how I hear this stuff.

But I can confirm, for absolute certain, that Bryce Dallas Howard is "Gwen Stacy". Anyone who thinks this is still speculation at this point is wrong. It's a done deal. I don't know why people are so excited about AICN getting this scoop. It has been known for a little while - well before AICN was talking about it.

And the one other nugget I'll throw out there is that Gwen Stacy will be involved in a Peter Parker-Eddie Brock love triangle.

So, gnaw on that one for a bit.

buford said:
Why, thank you.

I've never fancied myself as much of a lucky guy, and I wasn't guessing. But unfortunately, I continue to not be able to disclose how I hear this stuff.

But I can confirm, for absolute certain, that Bryce Dallas Howard is "Gwen Stacy". Anyone who thinks this is still speculation at this point is wrong. It's a done deal. I don't know why people are so excited about AICN getting this scoop. It has been known for a little while - well before AICN was talking about it.

And the one other nugget I'll throw out there is that Gwen Stacy will be involved in a Peter Parker-Eddie Brock love triangle.

Peter+Gwen+Eddie love triangle???? Not that I like it (assuming it's true), but DEFINITELY something a little more specific that we can judge you by. :up:

I think it would be stupid, and out of character, for Peter to be interested in anybody but MJ at this time. I assume what will happen if this is true, is Peter is more of a friend to Gwen, who is dating Brock, and hopefully Brock is abusive and jealous towards her. Bryce seems to play that type role quite well.

And thus, the relationship between Peter+Gwen+Eddie is NOT a true love triangle, it's more of a friendship/big brother type at first, that may grow in the future.

buford said:
Why, thank you.

So when you say there will be a Peter+Gwen+Eddie love triangle, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying Peter will be romantically interested in Gwen, or are you just saying Peter will be involved (more like a friend) with Gwen and her relationship with Eddie Brock?

Cause again, I cannot see Peter being romantically inclined to anyone other than MJ the way they have set up the movies. At least not for now. Now if things change, the relationship Peter has with another (Gwen) could change too, and I could see Peter growing close to Gwen IF she is in a bad relationship with Eddie Brock.

Care to put a little meat on that bone you threw us???? ;) Or do you know? Is that just something someone passed along to you?

How are they going to get Peter away from MJ (without killing her damn it! :mad: ) is beyond me. BTW, let's ask this person (buford) does MJ die?

Daisy said:
I think you're right that he's not Venom - in THIS film - but I think he will be Eddie Brock.

I think we'll see him as Venom in the next.

^Exactly,that's what I think as well.

GoldGoblin said:
^Exactly,that's what I think as well.
I'm thinking something along the lines of that will happen too. Like having him be Brock for nearly the whole film then near the very end show the symbiote form on him.

Actually, I think Sandman and Venom (as in both Eddie and Venom) should be in SM-3, then have the Lizard by himself in SM-4.

I think Venom needs his own movie that is why I say save him for later which makes Topher just Brock, no Venom, or not even Brock.

Maybe Sony wants everybody to be talking about Topher so thay avoid trying to find out who the real bad guys are gonna be,t hey've given us Sandman now we're so sure that Topher is gonna be the other villian they know eventually stuff is gonna leak out so y not focus the fans attention on who Tophers gonna be.

I don't doubt Topher is Hobgoblin. Franco said there's no cliffhanger, and THC said Topher becomes a villian at the end could only mean...Hobgoblin. I think it means Hobgoblin will get revealed as Topher at the end when he's defeated.

I think he would be great as the Vulture after he got young again

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"