Age of Ultron Anyone else fed up with Whedon's complaining?

Watchmen wasn't a Batman movie.

This. Also, Watchmen got decent reviews but it was hardly an Avengers/TDK/DoFP-style smash-hit. If BvS or Suicide Squad gets universal acclaim, Nolan will be eaten alive.

Watchmen got decent reviews and Nolan's clout wasn't affected one iota.

Depends on what you consider decent. It's RT score is 1% lower than Thor: The Dark World and 2% lower than The Incredible Hulk. Sure, it's technically fresh, but so is Spider-Man 3, coming in at 63%, only 2 points lower than Watchmen.

If BvS or Suicide Squad gets universal acclaim, Nolan will be eaten alive.

Does he have movies coming out around the same time as BvS and SS? I wasn't aware of any. If so, cool.

I haven't heard Joss complaining. I mean, he pretty much just said I wish I could've done a little bit more. That's it.

Joss is apparently taking back a lot of it now in recent interviews.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/joss-wh...ark-ruffalo-tribeca-film-festival-1201739640/

The guy was just tired. He was tired even while shooting.Jon Favreau said the same thing a couple of days ago. Shooting two of these giant blockbusters back-to-back must not be an easy task as many think,especially with the increasing pressure,hype and anticipation. I know I know,the Russos seem to handle pressure effortlessy but that's two of them and their duo of screenwriters. Joss did that all by himself. He is also open to work with Marvel if they want him and I hope that happens as I loved both his Avengers movies,AoU more than A1.

Last edited:
I was disappointed by Ultron and ultimately wish that he had passed the torch on directing it and come back for Infinity Wars refreshed. It was a mistake of him to push 2 of these in a row. He nailed the first one, so the second really came off as a letdown. I don't know why he started venting publicly.
It's not like Whedon volunteered to do AOU, he was asked back.

It's clear he was burnt out and that's part of what hurt the film.

I don't see what there was to complain about. I just saw this, but I thought it was an improvement over the first. More heart to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"