Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Coul

Not 100% A Dick
Reaction score
Straight from Marvel:
James Spader will face off against Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the villain in Marvel’s "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the sequel to 2012’s record-breaking "Marvel’s The Avengers." The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers’ much anticipated return to the big screen from writer/director Joss Whedon. The film comes to theaters on May 1, 2015.

Spader earned three Emmy Awards for his role as Alan Shore on "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," and will return to television this fall in NBC’s highly anticipated series "The Blacklist." Most recently Spader was seen in the critically-acclaimed film "Lincoln" directed by Steven Spielberg and has previously worked with a long list of accomplished film directors including David Cronenberg, Curtis Hansen, Sidney Lumet, Mike Nichols, Tim Robbins, Robert Rodriguez, Steven Soderbergh, and Oliver Stone. David Mamet also directed Spader in the Broadway play Race.

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will bring the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes together again to face one of their biggest villains, with "Marvel’s The Avengers" director Joss Whedon returning to write and direct the sequel. "Marvel’s The Avengers" was released in 2012 and went on to earn $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the third-largest grossing movie of all time.
Spader is represented by ICM Partners and his lawyer Melanie Cook at Ziffren Brittenham.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/..._as_the_films_legendary_villain#ixzz2dN47Moxl
http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/exclusive_avengers_age_of_ultron_casts_james_spader_as_the_films_legendary_villain

Totally out of left field as usual. He certainly has the voice for it.

FD9Tqum.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this on my twitter...

WTF!

So I guess it's not a simple JARVIS becomes Ultron kinda thing

Well, damn. Not what i was expecting but i can see it

He's got this great intonation, quite robotic in a way. Great casting.

I guess we can kiss the "Jarvis is Ultron" theory goodbye. This is solid casting as per usual from Marvel. Since it's probably just a voice role, I wonder why they announced it so early?

It's a great way to have him sound pretentious and intelligent without feeling like the played-out "British AI gone mad" angle.

Well for the record, Jarvis could just change his voice module guys.

Hopefully, the next announcement will be that Spader has been cast as Hank Pym in Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man".

JARVIS himself was never gonna be Ultron.

However, Ultron was always gonna be created from the same technology.

Yep, this is a great choice. Spader is excellent.

I've found some of the Internet comments elsewhere where people have said they don't know who he is to be quite sad.

my current theory is that when JARVIS hacked SHIELD, they countere lifted the specs for what makes him tick.

And Alexander Pierce proceeded to create Ultron to take the place of the "failed" Avengers Initiative.

Yep, this is a great choice. Spader is excellent.

I've found some of the Internet comments elsewhere where people have said they don't know who he is to be quite sad.

Agreed. I'm a long time fan of Spader and I'm shocked to see that more people don't know him.

Especially after The Office.

I had not heard of the man before the casting announcement, or seen any of his programs. However, I trust Marvel's judgment in the matter: they have had a flawless record with the MCU.

This is gonna be insane. I respect all these out of the realm casting choices Marvel has been doing. Frankly it is kinda sad that a bunch of internet nerds, probably young ones at that, don't know James Spader.

Robert California! Whoa didn't expect that but I love it. He's got a very cool voice.

Who is the user here with the Robert California 'Lizard King' quote? I can't remember who lol

woah weird. are they gonna paint his face like this:

tin_man.jpg

Dear God could Marvel cast any better for their films? This is fantastic news.

Its hilarious to see how different Marvel/DC fans are when it comes to casting news :D

Gonna just drop this gem here like I did in the main thread: My Spader-Sense is tingling! (crickets) I'll... I'll let myself out. (door slams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"