Anyone else have this problem with haricuts?

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
So yesterday I went to get my haircut. My barber is ok, not great. But you have to keep going to your barber until either of you move or the place closes.

Anyway, usually, he gives me a decent haircut but leaves too much on the top. Yesterday though, he gave me a really good haircut. So I go to sleep, wake up, take a shower. And when I comb it, it looks terrible. This is the case with almost every haircut I get. Even before I went to him.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I supposed to be doing more than just combing it?

Maybe you should tell him to cut all of your hair with scissors. I used to have that problem when they only used that cutting hair machine(forgot the name of it).

Or get a new set of hair :o

Last edited:
I got a haircut a couple weeks ago. I specifically told my barber not to be afraid of the hair on top, to cut it the same length as the rest of my hair, which was leave an inch on my head. It was the longest part. So I went home and trimmed it. So now, I'm looking around for another barber shop.

He only uses the buzzer on the back of my neck and sideburns.

Yeah, because they have all those special barber shop chemicals and **** they put in your hair.

After he cuts your hair, ask him for a comb and comb it yourself and see if you can get it that way. If you can't, then ask him how he did that style. Its okay to comb your own hair at a barber shop. If he says no, find a new barber shop.

I know this ex barber and they say that they actually have a time frame on how fast they need to cut your hair per customer. She used to work at Great Clips and said it was hell. The barber usually just wants to get you in and out in 10 minutes and usually doesn't pay attention to all the details or requests you ask of them in the beginning.

I usually just have them shave my head. Not to the point where I'm bald, but enough hair on the top where I can stand it. I used to hate just getting a trim. This is much eaiser. You don't have to worry about combing it in the morning.

I just have a natural mullet with a receding hairline. As if God knew I'd be from Missouri. I swear, the back grows 3x as fast as the front.

Other than an occasional trim to eliminate dead ends, I haven't had an honest haircut in like, ten years

So yesterday I went to get my haircut. My barber is ok, not great. But you have to keep going to your barber until either of you move or the place closes.

Anyway, usually, he gives me a decent haircut but leaves too much on the top. Yesterday though, he gave me a really good haircut. So I go to sleep, wake up, take a shower. And when I comb it, it looks terrible. This is the case with almost every haircut I get. Even before I went to him.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I supposed to be doing more than just combing it?

Listen to the words of Ray Stevens on this matter. It will change your life...

[YT]SNr1eZopzZ4[/YT]

I had that problem until I grew grew it out and now I just have them trim the sides and shave my neck. When you're hair is a foot and a half long you don't generally see a lot of cowlicks.

I'd say if it looks like crap the next day go back to the barber and ask him to fix it. Might not work if you're going to a Supercuts or some chain like that but if you're going to an honest to goodness barber shop they may make it right. I have an uncle who is a retired barber (had his own shop - never worked for a chain) and he would always tell people they had 5 days to come back if they weren't satisfied and he'd fix it for free.

I hate having the 'fresh haircut' look that you have for about 5 days after u get it, i prefer to have mine shaggy. ;)

I had the hardest time finding a barber. I used the same barber for the first 25 years of my life. He died shortly after I turned 25. My great great grandfather was a barber and taught the guy to cut hair. He was almost like family. His shop was a lot like Floyd's on the Andy Griffith show.

I'm very wary of getting a haircut. I had a terrible one about a year and a half ago, and have only gotten it trimmed once since then. I'm probably due for a trim, maybe I'll get my hair layered.

I love my hair, it's one of my favorite features about myself. When a cut goes sour, I can get very, very depressed. :csad:

I used to go to one place til I found out the 2 women who cut my hair the best were leaving for this other place so I took my business with them because they usually cut my hair very well. I've had bad haircuts before but they usually just give me a trim.

Don't buy into going to the same place, if you don't like the cut, go somewhere else. It's the 21st Century, I'm sure you can find another place in your town for a haircut, man.

Hair always look weird after getting it cut for about a week. It takes that long for the hair to naturally grow into the shape the hairdresser has given you, and for you to get used to styling it. There's actually a term for it, according to my hairdresser.

But if the haircuts are consistently bad, then it's time to change it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"