Anyone Else?

Heliflyer

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, I know that Los Angeles is a difficult town. I get it, but I have to come down here for work quite regularly, but I think I am frazzled!

In order to survive the highways and "rats in a dryer" syndrome, I intentionally make myself the mellowist driver on the road. Keep the speeds manageable; if someone pulls something stupid or dangerous and I am still breathing, I keep cool and say, "Uncle". I'd rather not get shot over road rage...anyway,

Today just got to me. After about the sixth dumb&& texting while driving and doing something dangerous, and other such irritants I find myself just totally wound and short.

I head back home (Santa Barbara) in a few days, and work has me in a very nice hotel, so I shouldn't complain, but anyone else just try to be mellow, only to find ten million idiots all conspiring to make your blood pressure race to Deep Water Horizon levels?

That is all!

You oughta take a job in the food industry. You'll love it.

:up:

LA traffic seriously sucks. First weekend there, somebody literally almost killed me on the highway with their drunk driving - speeding along whirling in and out. Granted it was late on a Saturday night, but I could never drive the highway again that's how much it scared me. So, yeah, LA driving sucks hard core lol.

Around here people prefer to pull out without looking and slam on the brakes before they take a turn.

Last edited:
I'm from Canada, and even I know LA driving is the worst.

I've driven in a lot of places, none worse than LA! This is how I know the show 24 is total BS! If he was really in the LA area, each episode would just be Jack Bauer dealing with traffic.

I'm from Canada, and even I know LA driving is the worst.

I lived in Montreal for two years, or as they say there, Deux Ans, and while the traffic is terrible and Quebec drivers seemingly suicidal, it was easy once you figured it out.

As a former Los Angeleno (granted, it was Malibu, but you ever try to make a left hand turn onto the PCH on a summer weekend? Hint - bring a magazine to read while you wait for a break) who now lives outside the city, I can say that LA driving is aggressive for sure.

It just got to me yesterday is all, and it takes a lot for the traffic to get to me.

I'm so glad I live in a small town where the roads are easily traversible without constantly risking your life just by turning a corner.

I'm from Boston so I'm used to crappy drivers, but I practically ruined my underwear riding shotgun on the highway coming out of New York City.

Have no idea what LA traffic is like, but hard to believe it could be NYC bad :p

I'm from Boston so I'm used to crappy drivers, but I practically ruined my underwear riding shotgun on the highway coming out of New York City.

Have no idea what LA traffic is like, but hard to believe it could be NYC bad :p

Don't get me wrong, I love LA (thank you Mr. Newman....) and sunny Southern California and I have driven LA for a long time. I've driven NYC a few times, and while it is craziness, there is a very flow to NYC driving whereas LA traffic is just non-stop. I mean NON-STOP! And it is that constant bombardment that gets to you.

But I think this is true of LA in general. It is a great city but a difficult city, whereas NYC is a great city, but never felt as "difficult" as LA. Even Angelenos are difficult; forget that laid back southern California attitude The Eagles made famous. Los Angeles is a hard place. Now, just go up the coats to Ventura, Camarillo and then Santa Barbara (my beloved and WONDERFUL home!!!) and that is where you get the surfer lifestyle, the laid back vibe etc...

But I think Los Angelenos make New Yorkers seem like pussycats!

I think the traffic in any large city is bad...it's the nature of the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"