Does anyone else hate Christmas?

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
It's no secret, I hate Christmas. I really hate Christmas. Like a 17th century Puritan.

It would be one thing if it was just a hollow commercialized holiday that happened once a year like Thanksgiving. But it's not. It lasts two whole damn months. For two months we get bombarded with advertisements and that horrible, God-awful Christmas music. And it's always the same six or seven ****ing songs. The music alone makes me want to go into hibernation. The cities are packed, the highways clogged...

And then there's the Orwellian twist, where you're obligated to be happy, and to buy people who you try to avoid all year gifts.

And it all starts today...

Anyone else sick and tired of this holiday?

Ha whatever gave you this thread idea :hehe:

Truthfully, I'm just starting to be a humbug regarding all major holidays.

Quotes from me:

RE: Halloween, "Candy sucks, kids are annoying, makeup is bad for your skin and you're just gonna throw away that costume in a month. Consumerism."

RE: Thanksgiving, "AKA Side Day for vegetarians. How many turkeys were raised for this nonsense? Native American slaughter."

RE: Christmas, "Not actually Jesus' birthday. How many trees are being cut down for this nonsense? Why are we wasting all this paper to wrap this crap? Consumerism."

RE: New Years, "New Year, new me. First gym visit of the new year! #firstandlast #thestruggleisreal"

RE: Valentines Day, "Do I really even need to? Consumerism."

RE: Easter, "Bunny-infused, zombie-Jesus, jelly bean day sounds way better than it actually is. Why eggs? Consumerism."

I do like celebrating birthdays.

Ok so take away all traditions and holidays. We will just use our smartphones to try and gain selfish needs of attention, rather than giving attention to our loved ones. Sweet life Amerrrrica.

No. Just have dinner with your loved ones. Go see a movie. Go to church. Go skating. Whatever.

Just don't force everyone to listen to the same damn Bing Crosby song for two months every ****ing year while insisting I be happy because we arbitrarily determined this to be "the season".

I don't hate other holidays as much because they come and go fast.

Wahhh wahhh wahhhhh.....people are happy around me....wahhhh wahhhh........

No. Just have dinner with your loved ones. Go see a movie. Go to church. Go skating. Whatever.

Just don't force everyone to listen to the same damn Bing Crosby song for two months every ****ing year while insisting I be happy because we arbitrarily determined this to be "the season".

I don't hate other holidays as much because they come and go fast.

Plus the issue in the US as opposed to other countries is that it's just non-stop from october 20th until new years day.

cripes.

It'd be nice to just celebrate Solstices and Equinoxes. Once a season you can get together with your friends/family and do something inane. Instead we have one "holiday season" that feels extremely forced.

na...[BLACKOUT]it's the most wonderful time of the year[/BLACKOUT]

i don't hate christmas that much. some of my worst memories happened on Christmases past, but that's a personal thing, so i wouldnt expect others to hate it because i do.

but i do hate the consumerism, how people worry more on how much they get, or how much is spent on them opposed to anything else. kids value how much they're loved based on what gifts they get. (ex: twitter iphone thing from a few years back). getting gift cards so people can get whatever they want (what's the point? that's not personal at all. at all.)

I hate it because I'd spent the last 13 years working a 36 hour shift from 6am on the 23rd. This year will be my first Christmas without having to do that. Might be time to reappraise it.

I don't hate it but it's just not a big deal to me anymore

We're going to get through this, don't you worry.

Wahhh wahhh wahhhhh.....people are happy around me....wahhhh wahhhh........

:hehe:
Holidays are fun. I don't get super involved with it, haven't dressed up for halloween in years, but I overall enjoy the big holidays.

I LOVE Christmas time.

My family was never a materialistic family. We don't really care about the gifts and we aren't running up our credit cards and emptying our wallets either. Christmas isn't...or shouldn't be about that. The consumerism makes me sick. Some people literally destroy their bank accounts for some bulls*** and continue to reinforce the idea that it's necessary toward their children. It's a vicious cycle.

I don't like christmas due to all sorts of family issues I've dealt with over the years. My dad and mom divorced when me and my sister were kids and it was a nonstop ****show between the two of them for over a decade. Every goddamn year.

So I detest xmas.

anyone remember when we used to do Secret Santa on the Hype? good times

The way you feel about Christmas, I feel about Halloween. So this year's about to get better for me, and worse for you. :oldrazz:

It's no secret, I hate Christmas. I really hate Christmas. Like a 17th century Puritan.

It would be one thing if it was just a hollow commercialized holiday that happened once a year like Thanksgiving. But it's not. It lasts two whole damn months. For two months we get bombarded with advertisements and that horrible, God-awful Christmas music. And it's always the same six or seven ****ing songs. The music alone makes me want to go into hibernation. The cities are packed, the highways clogged...

And then there's the Orwellian twist, where you're obligated to be happy, and to buy people who you try to avoid all year gifts.

And it all starts today...

Anyone else sick and tired of this holiday?

I've been buying gifts, listening to Christmas carols, and watching holiday-themed movies since September. Some of us never get enough of Christmas.

Especially with so much of the selling process happening online, it's easier now than ever to avoid the holiday scene if you wish. However, perhaps you could concentrate on some of the aspects you like about the season and stay focused on those. All holidays are what you make of them.

The way you feel about Christmas, I feel about Halloween. So this year's about to get better for me, and worse for you. :oldrazz:

Well I have four nephews and a niece all under ten so Halloween is pretty good even if I stopped going when I was 12. :p

No problem at all with Xmas, of course I don't put the focus on gifts etc.

I put the birth of Jesus as my focal point.

So you wait until Spring? :o

:p

I just hate getting dragged to the mall by friends and family so they can have someone to do Christmas shopping with..

I don't celebrate it, and seen enough about it to understand your view.

And what pr0xyt0xin said about it.

Truthfully, I'm just starting to be a humbug regarding all major holidays.

Quotes from me:

RE: Halloween, "Candy sucks, kids are annoying, makeup is bad for your skin and you're just gonna throw away that costume in a month. Consumerism."

RE: Thanksgiving, "AKA Side Day for vegetarians. How many turkeys were raised for this nonsense? Native American slaughter."

RE: Christmas, "Not actually Jesus' birthday. How many trees are being cut down for this nonsense? Why are we wasting all this paper to wrap this crap? Consumerism."

RE: New Years, "New Year, new me. First gym visit of the new year! #firstandlast #thestruggleisreal"

RE: Valentines Day, "Do I really even need to? Consumerism."

RE: Easter, "Bunny-infused, zombie-Jesus, jelly bean day sounds way better than it actually is. Why eggs? Consumerism."

I do like celebrating birthdays.
how about martin luther king day, st patricks day, 420 day, cinco de mayo, 4th of july, labor day, and colombus day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"