Does anyone else hate Christmas?

It's a swinter wonderland!

Unusual but grand!

You can ski while you get tanned!

I'M TALKING ABOUT SWINTER!!

*unbeknownst to Silvermoth, his family has also booked a trip to Hong Kong to surprise him. the Hype film crew will be on the scene to capture this holiday moment as it unfolds*

Haha oh no!

tumblr_nb198totMZ1rc0yuao1_500.gif

:pal: That never gets old.

it get's old every single christmas... for 24 straight hours... on TBS. :(

On holidays, I have found that if I replace my good toilet paper at home, with rolls of the cheap stuff from work, my inlaws will leave 2 to 3 hours earlier than if I don't. That's my personal way of making all my holidays merrier.

I like Christmas, but I've spent 3 christmases over the last 4 dressing up as an Elf for employment purposes, so by the time Christmas comes around, I've already had waaay too much of it.

Not sure Im being an Elf this year, so I might get to enjoy christmas abit more. :)

It's no secret, I hate Christmas. I really hate Christmas. Like a 17th century Puritan.

It would be one thing if it was just a hollow commercialized holiday that happened once a year like Thanksgiving. But it's not. It lasts two whole damn months. For two months we get bombarded with advertisements and that horrible, God-awful Christmas music. And it's always the same six or seven ****ing songs. The music alone makes me want to go into hibernation. The cities are packed, the highways clogged...

And then there's the Orwellian twist, where you're obligated to be happy, and to buy people who you try to avoid all year gifts.

And it all starts today...

Anyone else sick and tired of this holiday?

Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul
With a corn cob pipe and a buttoned nose
And two eyes made out of coal

I like Christmas, but I've spent 3 christmases over the last 4 dressing up as an Elf for employment purposes, so by the time Christmas comes around, I've already had waaay too much of it.

Not sure Im being an Elf this year, so I might get to enjoy christmas abit more. :)

Seek out David Sedaris' "Santaland Diaries" on youtube. I'd send you a link but I'm fairly sure there is cursing involved.

I heard Starbucks also hates Christmas. Is this true?

It matters most to my son,most of my family lives south all my relatives i used
to gather with during the holidays that lived near me have sadly passed on

I'm not religious at all... but my family celebrates christmas... so i deal with it.

None of it is... hate worthy. Besides the constant music in stores. I do hate that December can basically be called Christmas.

I just see December as 'the month we should all just be nice for once'. Politics haven't helped holidays at all... look at that starbucks ********... so stupid.

i feel like going to a starbucks with my own cup covered in every x-mas, channukah, kwanza, blah blah blah symbol known to man... while carrying a festivus pole.

so many scrooges in this thread

guess i once more need to become the ghost of Christmas future and knock some sense into all of you

tumblr_mfgsc9Pwrg1rke8tbo2_500.gif

Cant wait for the easter hate thread in a couple of months. :oldrazz:

it get's old every single christmas... for 24 straight hours... on TBS. :(

I picture you sitting on the couch watching it over and over and over.....occasionaly shouting out to the world "When will this movie end so that I can go to the bathroom?!?!?!?!?!

Cant wait for the easter hate thread in a couple of months. :oldrazz:

Tsk, Tsk, Jokes, first comes Valentine's Day & I'm sure some kooks will want to bash that one as well. :o

I love most everything about the Christmas season. The only real downside for me is having to dress up as an elf at the family party and help my slightly drunk older cousin pass out presents as Santa.

First there will be NEW YEAR'S DAY hate.....I can see it now....

Don't you hate it when they make you start a New Year....I mean, what was wrong with the old year? Was it broken? Is it some kink of hatred for all things old?

And don't get me started on those new years resolution, as if my self esteem wasn't low enough. :csad:

Seek out David Sedaris' "Santaland Diaries" on youtube. I'd send you a link but I'm fairly sure there is cursing involved.

Sounds awesome from what I've listened to so far. Definitely rings true when it comes to being an Elf.

2014:
10881513_10152717966174355_6301270147086059337_n.jpg

2013:
10492504_10152716527149355_6084571276261747735_n.jpg

2011:
10151338_10152667796074355_871561240570194683_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members