AQUAMAN in Justice League Discussion Thread

Yea totally has a much better look and if cotrona does stay as superman it would work better to have a shorter actor in for batman so they wouldnt look so odd next to each other. I dont know if i ever seen him act but if he could hide his aussie accent they he probably would be a good batman for jla. And since he is 28 yrs old he works for a batman that has been working for a few yrs since the character became bats somewhere between 25-30yrs old i believe.

Yea totally has a much better look and if cotrona does stay as superman it would work better to have a shorter actor in for batman so they wouldnt look so odd next to each other. I dont know if i ever seen him act but if he could hide his aussie accent they he probably would be a good batman for jla. And since he is 28 yrs old he works for a batman that has been working for a few yrs since the character became bats somewhere between 25-30yrs old i believe.

Exactly.

Is anyone sure that Cabrera was cast as Aquaman? I think that Armie Hammer may have been...he's got blonde hair, etc. He certainly doesn't line up well with the rest of the cast. HE's what's making the cast look so bad, IMO.

Cabrera himself recently confirmed in an interview that he was cast as Aqauman. Personally, i like the choice. Makes me think they're going with the version of the character i'd want to see. And the hair (and eye) color is really easy to fix, while i think other than that, he's perfectly fine for the role...

Andy Whitfield looks like he is about 5'10 to 6 feet going by the pics with him and director Shane Abbess who looks like he is around 6'4 or something. It would definately be easier to make Cotrona taller if Whitfield is only 5'10.

I agree that Santiago Cabrera looks like a good choice specially if they go with the version with long hair and a beard.

Andy Whitfield looks like he is about 5'10 to 6 feet going by the pics with him and director Shane Abbess who looks like he is around 6'4 or something. It would definately be easier to make Cotrona taller if Whitfield is only 5'10.

I agree that Santiago Cabrera looks like a good choice specially if they go with the version with long hair and a beard.

That's what I was saying. Practically ANYONE can be Batman. If Michael keaton could do it, he can. Still not sold on Hammer. He sux.

Yeah your right and I know we will probably never know what role he was up for, but if he was up for Batman then I would be extremely suprised that Armie Hammer won the role instead of him. It's just wierd to me how most of the cast are almost 30 or in their 30's but they cast someone who is 21 as Batman. I just keep telling myself that Hammer must gave one heck of an audition or he is not who we think he is in movie.

That whats i was saying too everyone else is between 28-35 yrs old why the hell do u pick a 21yr old to play batman, yes i know they can say he is older/make him look older but it looks looks odd why they are not having the whole cast in same age range. The youngest actor should be the person who is kid flash/wally and be between the ages of 15-21 yrs old.

He dosn't look like 21 and he dosn't look younger than most of the other guys, that are in their late 20s, so i don't think it'll look odd. Besides, he's Batman and he'll wear a mask. And just like batman strikes said, since he is 21, there's got to be a reason why he got the role...

It's one of these movies that you don't want them to do it if their going to screw it up but on the other hand it's like you want to know why Miller chose the actors that he did for the movie. Plus their are a lot of postitive things that I've read about the movie and that's having weta workshops working on the costume, which I think are going to look amazing. George Miller's comments about comparing the JL to greeks gods and producers saying things like he has tried to elevate the material and not just trying to make it a regular superhero action film.

George Miller's comments about comparing the JL to greeks gods and producers saying things like he has tried to elevate the material and not just trying to make it a regular superhero action film.
What exactly do they mean "elevating the material"? It sounds like a slight against the comics. :(

JL definitely shouldn't be a regular super-hero movie. I agree with them about that.

For me, Hammer is only a henchman. Like Max Lord's particular assistent.

AqMini1Cover2.jpg

It's a hard decision for me deciding which version to have. My top three are the aquatic hand, the sword of Atlantis, and the cybernetic hook. But for the sake of the film I'd rather have the classic look to start off. Then in part 2, I'd come in with the aquatic hand or the hook to show what has happened in the space of time between 1 and 2. And he could just do a flashback scene either showing how he lost the hand or just talk about it in dialogue.

Yea for first film classic look or clasic/beard look would be the best to go. Then in sequels do other looks for him.

Here's a zany idea.

Have the man start out clean shaven, but as things get to him, he starts forgetting to shave and grows stubble, which, as stubble does, turns into a beard over the course of time. Eh? Eh? It could be visually representative of Arthur going from innocent and somewhat naive to having the weight of the world on his shoulders.

My dream actor to play arthur/aquaman would be viggo mortensen.

Here's a zany idea.

Have the man start out clean shaven, but as things get to him, he starts forgetting to shave and grows stubble, which, as stubble does, turns into a beard over the course of time. Eh? Eh? It could be visually representative of Arthur going from innocent and somewhat naive to having the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I think start off by showing the bearded and gruffy looking Arthur and then by using flashbacks they can show him when things were good and he was the clean cut shaven version before a betrayel and tragedy strikes.

I would pick Kenny Johnson (the sheild) as Aquaman! or Guile for SF2 movie :woot:

23hsqah.jpg

cap069.jpg

AquamanCv38.jpg

24598524.jpg
[/quote]

Paul Walker can make an awesone Aquaman (He looks similar our) Classic Origin on Arthur Curry. What do everyone think ?

CASTING

Paul Walker as Aquaman/Arthur Curry

Paul-Walker-Biography.jpg

24598524.jpg

Paul walker is not bad but Im' considering Neil McDonoug as Aquaman

3252600916.jpg

neal-mcdonough.thumbnail.jpg

-sigh-... fancasting...

Who the heck cares who plays Aquaman if the entire world, including many comics fans, percieve him as a joke with no useful abilities? How is his costume the bulk of a discussion when no amount of costume can make him look either cool or relevant standing next to Superman.

I say give Aquaman a small part, really a multi-scene cameo with character development. Let him reject joining the group at first. Too proud, too busy with his ocean, then during a crucial part of the film, say an overwater chase, suddenly, Aquaman surges from the sea, grabs the fleeing guy while he's turned to verify Superman is chasing him, Orin rips him a new one and disappears under the sea. Superman demands the body and Aquaman denies him. There, now he has a personality, and he's useful. Not a bad start, eh?

-sigh-... fancasting...

Who the heck cares who plays Aquaman if the entire world, including many comics fans, percieve him as a joke with no useful abilities? How is his costume the bulk of a discussion when no amount of costume can make him look either cool or relevant standing next to Superman.

I say give Aquaman a small part, really a multi-scene cameo with character development. Let him reject joining the group at first. Too proud, too busy with his ocean, then during a crucial part of the film, say an overwater chase, suddenly, Aquaman surges from the sea, grabs the fleeing guy while he's turned to verify Superman is chasing him, Orin rips him a new one and disappears under the sea. Superman demands the body and Aquaman denies him. There, now he has a personality, and he's useful. Not a bad start, eh?

Because depending on which costume you choose, you then get a particular character type for the King of the Seven Seas. Aquaman is great in his own rights and can hold his own. Your ideas are very sound and can work for almost all versions of Aquaman, but it does not have to remain a bit part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"