• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apocalypse Archangel - the Horseman Death

Gimme 20 year old Warren, Rogue, Iceman, etc in the 80's.

It's the X-Men franchise we're talking about here. Besides, comic-book time ;)

That's not possable with ending of DOFP.People complain about errors In films and yet advocate even more of them so they can entire X-Men team In 1980's.

As for angel it doesn't quite make sense for a teenage or 20 year old Angel
In 1983.Wolverine changing events In 1973 wouldn't suddenly make warren born 6 to 10 years before the events of DOFP.

I will go with the idea anyone not seen In future ending of DOFP Is fair game for use In Apocalypse.

I just realized that Angel can't be in it. Looks like Wolverine will be DEATH.

Even after DOFP, the spectre of THE LAST STAND still manages to effect the future movies. Boo!

That could be avoided if they make a movie set in the present. With that, it doesn't seem like its impossible to bring back characters we have already seen before like Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Angel, Kitty and those new mutants we just saw in DOFP...

Right, but here's something to think about...

They make it so these movies come out every three years or so. That's how they maintain the rights so Marvel will never get them back.

Although the OT cast has many amazing actors and actresses that the general audience, and us geeks, love, it is the First Class cast that is hotter right now.

Look, we all love Stewart, McKellan, Halle Berry (somewhat), Famke Janssen, Anna Paquin (though she's never been given a good character to portray), Ellen Page and SHawn Ashmore. And I'm sure you'll notice there are some I left off...

But, lets be honest with ourselves. Right now McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult are way more popular with the general audience, especially the age group that goes to these movies. Add in the fact that Jackman's Wolverine is effectively ageless, so he can be in these, and now the very popular Evan Peters and his amazing portrayal; and a fair question should be asked of why they would ever use the OT cast again.

Any movie they do will focus on these characters, especially Jackman, McAvoy, Fassbender, Hoult and Lawrence. Now think about them creating younger versions of other characters, like Nightcrawler, Ororo, Jean and Scott. And don't forget the concept of a new Gambit. If these characters end up being popular they'll have upwards of 11 characters/actors & actresses that they will continue to focus on. Why wouldn't they?

Which means, after the 2016 Apocalypse movie, they are more likely to use this same cast again, with the story taking place somewhere between 1983 and say the mid-90's. And even if Apocalypse escapes at the end of this one it's unlikely they'll use him again in the next one. By the way, the next one would be in 2019!

For reference, in 2018 when the filming for that movie would happen, the ages of certain actors/actresses will be as follows:

Patrick Stewart: 78
Ian McKellean: 79
Famke Janssen: 54
Kelsey Grammer: 63

So again, it's unlikely.

The one hope that I think we might have is if (and it's a very huge IF) they do Age of Apocalypse for the movie that would come out in 2022.

If they did this, they might be able to use the younger version actors/actresses for Professor X, Magneto, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jean, Scott, Ororo, Mystique and Gambit. They could age them easily enough. Maybe Jackman will still be interested in playing Wolverine, but if not I guess they could (blasphemy) recast him (and any others (Lawrence) who will want out). The newer OT characters of Blink, Warpath, etc. could be used, as well as the OT characters/actors/actresses we all really want of Rogue (done right this time?), Colossus, Kitty and Iceman.

It is possible, but it's unlikely. But if they did get to that point then they could continue in the present with these actors/actresses.

I don't think they should pressure Jackman and the FC actors to stay on board with these characters in perpetuity. It would be great if McAvoy and Fassebender had Jackman level commitment, but that's not realistic. I would focus on Gambit and Deadpool, and then revisit the option of bringing back the FC cast in another 8-10 years, like they did with the OT cast. That way the actors have time to explore other roles and develop their careers. They will want to chase Oscars at some point, because they have that type of talent. Plus they are young enough to come back to these roles for decades to come. I'd be in no rush to give them max contracts and burn them out of the genre.

These movies are every three years. I think they have plenty of time inbetween to work on other projects, as we've seen between First Class and DOFP.

If Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, Hoult, etc. were smart they would stay on board and take all of the money and continued fame that comes with these franchise movies.

If you think about where they can go there is a lot for the actors and actresses. Imagine an Asteroid M storyline for Fassbender. Imagine a story that focuses on Mystique's and Destiny's relationship for Lawrence. Sure, they're not going to win an Oscar with these roles, but you don't sign up to be a comic book hero (or heroine) in order to win an Oscar.

Plus Fox isn't going to give a darn if they "burn them out" as long as they're making the coin, which they will. If they can get another two movies out of them over the next four years they'll be happy!

As i have said the entire purpose for time travel "reboot" was to continue
making X-Men films with familar characters

No matter what doubletalk Simon Kinberg or anyone else tries to sell the trilogy
and most of wolverine solo films have been erased.

Obviously they want to keep Hugh Jackman as wolverine as long as possable.

I strongly disagree with notion Fox will quit making actual X-Men films for
spin-offs like Deadpool,Gambit,and X-force which are risky.

Marvel Is not going to do anything to promate any X film.

Even with pg-13 rating deadpool Is risky especilly if fox sticks with ryan reynolds as Deadpool

Channing Tatum as Gambit Is unpopular casting decsion.Gambit solo comics have never sold like wolverine and Deadpool.

Apocalypse and Deadpool casts doudt on X-force.

I don't get how you come to the last point in that post. There is still an unconfirmed film for 2018. All indications is that it is the big Marvel mashup that Singer plans to produce. Since it won't be FF/X-Men crossover, it will probably have to be some other big film. Not that X-Force is a marquee film, but it's still highly likely, given Deadpool is out in a little over a year, and they want to bring Cable in. That's probably the best bet. It could also be another X-Men movie. Time will tell.

Singer's not confirmed for anything X-men beyond Apocalypse.

The good money Is on the mystery 2018 film being Gambit Solo film.Simon Kinberg gas hinted at working on that In his various interviews.And fox must hope Channing tatum's box office appear will dwarf skeptical fans of his casting and Marvel doing all they can to
limit marketing.

There was a rumor that Singer was working on a Marvel mashup. This could have simply been Apocalypse. This also could have been the rumored FF/X-Men crossover that Miller intimated, only to retract when they undoubtedly discovered it was not legally viable. But it was still the same project scheduled for the same time table. Gambit isn't even confirmed nor is Channing Tatum, or at least he hasn't signed the dotted line to anyone's public knowledge. I honestly think Cable has a better shot of getting spinoff than Gambit. Gambit doesn't work without the rest of the X-Men.

For reference, in 2018 when the filming for that movie would happen, the ages of certain actors/actresses will be as follows:

Patrick Stewart: 78
Ian McKellean: 79
Famke Janssen: 54
Kelsey Grammer: 63

So again, it's unlikely.
Eh, age doesn't matter, well at this point, the original cast looks good for their age. If they brought them back last year for filming, they could definitely bring them back for another film or two. Fox just doesn't want to make films with them but in my opinion, age is hardly the reason why they didn't decide to make X4/X5/X6 but instead do Origins/1stClass/TheWolverine. Well, most of the cast members they hired for the Origins, First Class and The Wolverine didn't comeback for a 2nd film and obviously age isn't a factor why they aren't brought back yet. I just think it would be a bit odd, if the future adventures of the X-Men are set in the 1980s or 1990s, how long are they gonna do that, especially if what we saw at the future ending of DOFP is really the finale of the main X-Men team. You know they're stuck in the past, no matter how dangerous and big their adventures in the 80s and 90s, we know, the main X-Men team as we saw at the end of DOFP is all there and well. And they just couldn't simply make spin-offs after spin-offs (like Deadpool, X-Force, Gambit) because as of date, films with the main X-Men attracts the most to the viewers.

That's not possable with ending of DOFP.People complain about errors In films and yet advocate even more of them so they can entire X-Men team In 1980's.

As for angel it doesn't quite make sense for a teenage or 20 year old Angel
In 1983.Wolverine changing events In 1973 wouldn't suddenly make warren born 6 to 10 years before the events of DOFP.

Yeah Kinberg must be tired. He didnt think about that

What about this, "Apocalypse is coming!!! Better bang now and make mutant kids to protect us, honey; world is coming to an end." Enter Angel 6-10 years younger.

^ Guess you didn't take the time to read what I wrote...

Even IF they tried the comical concept of "OMG, the Apocalypse is coming so lets produce some mutants, even though we wouldn't know that we'd produce a mutant', at best that mutant could be born in...

1974!!!!!!!!!

So IF Warren was now born in 1974, and for that to happen we'd have to totally ignore the whole one egg/one sperm to create the identical OT character (which I could see them doing), then in a 1983 set Apocalypse film Warren Worthington III would be...

9 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one believes that they wanbt a 9 year old Warren for this movie!

So IF they want Warren as the Horseman Death in this movie the only logical way is to have him brought back from the future (kind of been there, done that at this point) or use my kidnap baby Warren in 1983 and have him aged and transformed, which includes wing amputation.

Angel cant be born earlier or at least not the same person in X3. He would be a different "soul" made by different sperm. Of course it's entirely possible that a different person was born with the same mutant powers as Warren and is named Warren because its a passed down name. Which version is the true Warren??

Exactly, if I was born 3 years earlier, I would be my older brother not me.
It's different look, character, DNA...

I feel like at this point they have others characters that they need to prioritize introducing in the film... Cyclops.. Jean.. Storm.. Apocalypse and whoever minions he will have in Apocalypse... also maybe Gambit/Nightcrawler.... introducing Angel would be just too much.

Last Stand was too much. DoFP managed with about the same number of characters as we're talking about here. Of course they won't all get the same priority but if they don't use him, that won't be the real reason why even if it's the one cited. Angel's powers are a bit dull.

That's why Apocalypse should be with original cast too, I want Archangel in future movie.

DoFP managed with about the same number of characters as we're talking about here.

And the new characters seen in the future were used for power display. While Quicksilver was used a plot device. While the rest don't need much introduction since we already saw them before except for Trask.

If they really want to pull off Angel's transformation to Archangel, they just can't use him for power display or as a plot device.

And the new characters seen in the future were used for power display. While Quicksilver was used a plot device. While the rest don't need much introduction since we already saw them before except for Trask.

If they really want to pull off Angel's transformation to Archangel, they just can't use him for power display or as a plot device.

Not sure I agree. If anything, the only way to use Angel properly would be as a plot device that would show him being taken as a baby (because that's what he would be in 1983), age him, amputate his wings, and transform him into Archangel to be used as a power display and a plot device.

The major drawback to this would be that Wolverine would not be able to be the Horseman Death, which would minimize Wolvie's role.

See, Archangel would be cool, and although people would have seen Angel in the OT, Archangel would be something never seen before. In that way it would be cool. Showing Angel's wings being amputated and then showing him as Archangel swooping down on the X-kids and flinging feather blades would be pretty cool.

I guess they could have Archangel created as a setup for another movie, the finished (Archangel) product shown in an after credits scene (maybe created by Sinister), but Archangel, if anything, belongs in an Apocalypse movie, and this is the Apocalypse movie!

Truth is, they need to decide. Wolverine as Death or Archangel as Death.

Both would be amazing and both would have amazing visuals. If I had to guess, it would be that they'll go with Wolverine as Death as that would give Jackman a role he's never had before, and something he'd likely like to play around with. But, if they go the baby Angel being kidnapped, aged, and transformed into Archangel in order to make him a/the main threat as Death, then I'd be ok with it!

10751-4.jpg

wolverine will likely be death and he will be given his claws by apocalypse

wolverine will likely be death and he will be given his claws by apocalypse

That would be less interesting to me than Archangel but we do know they are desperate to Milk Jackman dry so it probably is more likely.

The idea of aging a baby so he can grow wings so you can cut them off and give him fake wings...which you could conceivably give anyone...that doesn't strike anyone as convoluted and really, really forced?

No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"