Apocalypse Archangel - the Horseman Death

the second part was Bryan. Kinberg confirmed original cast actors, so... we dont need any more confirmation.

^ But Bryan was responding to a question regarding Kinberg's statement, so I do not believe we have confirmation.

Hey, didn't you like three or four posts back agree that there isn't confirmation of the original cast being in X-Men Apocalypse?

Bryan Singer made those comments before DOFP was released.

Kinberg made his comments on some original cast being In Apocalypse after film was released.

It's still question mark how apart from Hugh jackman they will be In film but people didn't make up Kinberg's comments.

Not saying they did, just that it seems that possibly, beyond Wolverine and Jackman, Kinberg meant that the same characters would be in the movie, and less so the actors or actresses.

Maybe Kinberg's statement has more meaning and we'll actually get Famke, McKlellan, Stewart, Berry and Marsden in this movie, but that would mean either another time travel flick (which I don't think we're getting) or flashforwards (or back) or another end of movie cameo. The flash forwards or backs are tough to believe as they are too close to time travel, but setting up another movie, such as the Age of Apocalypse, at the end of this one (using the original cast) is something that is, only slightly, possible. I would just be surprised if they would want to commit themselves in that way...

I guess one question that should be asked is whether we feel Singer would make another split movie, meaning some set up scenes in the present/future, then go back to 1983, and then back to the present/future?

My best guess is no...

Kinberg's latest statements makes it seem as though we will get Archangel, though instead of writing the story around the existing events and limitations it soulds like he may just rewrite Warren's birth to 20 years earlier. What's your thoughts if they do this?

The only thing his statements make is that they're not bound by the continuity of the past films; nothing else. Nothing saying we'll get Archangel.

^ Nothing difinitive, but his statement of:

“I would say in terms of making any character decisions on ‘Apocalypse’ is, we set back the clock on ‘Days of Future Past,’ so a lot could have changed from that point in 1973 forward, meaning people could have been born earlier,” Kinberg said. “The whole world changed after those events. Things that were represented even ‘X1′ and ‘X2′ and ‘X3′ wouldn’t have happened in quite the same way.”

Seems to indicate that some character, that might apply to Apocalypse, who we didn't see in DOFP after Wolvie woke up (we did see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Bobby, and Wolvie), nor wasn't from the 1973 timeline (like Mystique, Beast, Havok, Toad, etc.), and further, that we've seen previously in X1 through X3, will be born earlier in order to make him/her usable in 1983.

If it was solely being "not bound by the continuity of the past films" and nothing else, then his quote would not have very specifically included "people could have been born earlier". That statement holds meaning!

Now all you need to do is list which characters we've seen in X1 through X3 that weren't in DOFP nor in the scene after Wolvie woke up, and then determine which of those characters apply to Apocalypse.

I've got a feeling you might come up with say, one specific character that meets these requirements...

The only thing his statements make is that they're not bound by the continuity of the past films; nothing else. Nothing saying we'll get Archangel.

Agreed.While they might pay homage to first 2 X-Men films or have something
which envokes memories of X-Men and X2 with Bryan Singer Directing and
Michael Dougherty and Dan harris co-writing script they only thing they are bound by Is the new future ending of DOFP

Kind of close at this point.

7 do not want him in the movie, and 8 want him, though there is a pretty even distribution of difference on how they should bring him into the 1983 set movie.

I don't think archangel will be in apocalypse, while I don't think kinberg ruled out any restrictions I think he made sure to say there has been many different versions of the horsemen for a reason

Don't care much for Arcangel but his quote in TAS was money

I'll follow him to the ends of the Earth. Though perditions fire, until he breathes blood and rolls over....SPLIT! BROKEN! FINSHED!!!

I don't understand why people are so against Archangel being in the movie. I feel like it's too early to say what's rumor and what's signed on officially. Bryan is being vague on purpose with the casting.

I personally don't want to see Ben come back. He's too old looking (great actor) to play a younger version of anything. Plus he is very short and doesn't look All-American handsome.

Recast a a blond teenager, Robert Redford type, a tall one, that can act, has Warren down to a tee. Mannerisms and build. I think the speculation could lead to a surprise. It'd be honoring if they put Angel in the story. Tired of Wolvy being upfront and center.

I'm voting No Thankyou.

Angel didn't get his due in TLS, but it would urk me if his birth was drastically altered for this story. His character transformation would have next to no impact at this point because we don't know him at all.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I'm feeling that there are really two main options that they could use for the Horseman Death. These are:

Wolverine or Angel/Archangel

This is mainly based on the comics, but also the look of the character and the story.

So, if I'm correct and it's an either/or, then effectively if you don't want Wolverine as Death then you'd be voting for Archangel; and visa versa, if you don't want Archangel then you're vting for Wolverine.

So, based on this, if you had to pick Wolverine or Angel/Archangel, which one would you vote for?

If the O5 had already been Established then I could easily go Arcangel.
But with the familiarity of WV and the dynamic that would provide the audience, I gotta go with WV

I don't understand why people are so against Archangel being in the movie. I feel like it's too early to say what's rumor and what's signed on officially. Bryan is being vague on purpose with the casting.

I personally don't want to see Ben come back. He's too old looking (great actor) to play a younger version of anything. Plus he is very short and doesn't look All-American handsome.
Even if he could be born earlier because of retconing events in 1973, Apocalypse will take place only 10 years later. At worst, Angel would be a kid in 1983 ! big mistake from Kinberg and Singer

EDIT : Its impossible for Warren being born before 1973 beacause Logan came to past to modify events in 1973. So retcon begins in 1973, Angel, Colossus, ... could be born earlier but not before 73, the beginning of the new timeline

Last edited:
Also, this is just Apocalyse's first film in the series, well its second if you count his cameo in DOFP. So why use Archangel so soon? I doubt Apocalypse is gonna be a 1 and done villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"