Archie Comics should have a show--

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
they could base it on the comics characters.. start them off as high school Freshmen, or even in junior high.. if the show 'lasts', they could keep going until senior year.. maybe more fun compared to Gossip Girl or 90210..
archie..jughead..betty..veronica..reggie.. etc.

they could base it on the comics characters.. start them off as high school Freshmen, or even in junior high.. if the show 'lasts', they could keep going until senior year.. maybe more fun compared to Gossip Girl or 90210..
archie..jughead..betty..veronica..reggie.. etc.

I've always thought that the Archie group would make a good That's So Raven or Lizzie McGuire type show.

I used to love reading those Double Digest and comics as a kid, still think about buying them when I see them in the check out line at wal mart. There was a cartoon show a few years back on UPN...Not sure how the comics would translate into a live action show tho...

They did have a TV movie back in the day, but it focused on the gang as grown-ups.

A big problem with an updated version of these comic characters is...who names their kid "Archie" anymore?

Are there any Archies alive in the US who are under 60 years old?

^^^^ LOL you're quite right...hmmm I want to do research into how many kids are named Archie...let alone a kid who lets other kids call him Jughead...

A big problem with an updated version of these comic characters is...who names their kid "Archie" anymore?

Are there any Archies alive in the US who are under 60 years old?

They could say he's named after his grandfather.

They could say he's named after his grandfather.

I guess...

I can buy Betty, Veronica and Reggie (since Reginald is still an awesome rich snob name), but... Archibald?

Jughead's real first name is Forsythe, which is also pretty wacky.

Let it swing, make it even a subplot... the fact that these two kids (Archie and Jughead) have odd names is what draws them together and makes them stand out.

According to Behind the Name, the name Archie hasn't been a blip on the naming map in the US since the 80s. However, the name doesn't do too badly in the UK or Australia. I suppose they could say one of his parents or his grandparents are foreign.

As for Jughead, I can see that nickname getting used today. There are always wacky nicknames. I also get the impression Forsythe was a weird name to have even back in the 1940s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"