Iron Man Are people less excited about Iron Man because of Batman?

I think it's obvious that Iron Man has an uphill battle to get the same name recognition as Batman, since everyone and their grandma know Batman. However, X-Men had the same challenge, and now just about everyone know Wolverine and the rest of the mutants. IM has a terrific cast, and probably a great movie. All they need is a new trailer with stuff we haven't seen, like IM using his array of weaponry, to generate new buzz. I really like TDK's trailer, but I'm more interested to see IM because I've never seen the Metalhead in live-action before, whereas Batman vs Joker has been done before. It's apple and oranges.

Since the TDK trailer was released, I'd say yes. Iron Man still looks great though. That suit is just awesome. It looks like Favreau nailed it. I'm still not too familiar with the villains of Iron Man. I know the origin and I remember War Hawk(I think that's right).

I'm less excited cuz of JOKER being in TDK. I still wanna see Iron Man, but I can wait. I CAN'T WAIT for the TDK. I have high hopes for Iron Man too, and I think/hope it will live up to them.

I mean..I don't know. I'm looking forward to Iron Man, that's for sure.

I'm a bigger Batman fan, but I'm very open minded and so far, I like the optimistic tone of Iron Man, creating a new balance to Nolan's darker Batman flick.

If you thought Iron Man gets no attention, you should check out the ghost town only known as the Hellboy 2 forum.

a, i dont think there will be any real competition, and i agree on liking how optimistic this movie looks, i think rdjr was a good casting choice.

b, the hb2 forums are a ghost town!:ikyn

I noticed that the Hellboy 2 forums were dead, now, that said, I didn't visit when the trailer hit and usually when a trailer hits the first couple hours are huge, like I've said, when the Iron Man trailer hit for around a day there were more than a 100 or more at any time on this board and at one time I believe there were over 400 people on the Iron man board, so the interest is there, however, there are many movies to compete with, Hulk, Dark Knight, Speed Racer, Hellboy and Indy 4, 2008 is a huge summer for films, so keeping peoples interest is difficult.

Let's not forget Indiana Jones and Hancock.

That's the movies I'm waiting for next year:

Iron Man, Indiana Jones, The Incredible Hulk, Hancock, The Dark Knight

Movies to watch out for next year:

Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy 2
Pineapple Express

Pretty much it, in terms of blockbusters. Everything else may get a download.

Dont sleep on Pineapple Express. A Stiller/Wilson/Black movie directed by Judd Apatow is gonna be pretty funny and may take the box office crown over a lot of other built in blockbusters like Wedding Crashers and Knocked up.

^^^ That's Tropic Thunder not Pineapple Express and Wilson is out now due to his health.

But there both coming out in 08 right? Pineapple Express is the Apatow Joint and Tropic Thunder is the Stiller joint ( I think Ferell or Vaughn's in it too)

Dont sleep...

Yes they are both out in 2008 but Tropic Thunder is the bigger of the 2, The Apatow camps big release next year is "Finding Sarah Marshall"

I think both movies are equal.
Most people I know have no idea that a new batman movie is coming out.
Their like The dark knight whats that?
WB really hurt itself with that title.
Not everyone knows that its batman.
And Iron man might be new, but with the title change both movies are equal.

I think both movies are equal.
Most people I know have no idea that a new batman movie is coming out.
Their like The dark knight whats that?
WB really hurt itself with that title.
Not everyone knows that its batman.
And Iron man might be new, but with the title change both movies are equal.

TDK as a title really isn't going to hurt Batman. Anyones that saw BB will be back in the theaters a second time and they get more $$$ then last time because of the hesistation created by Schumaker. They gained new fans via Cable and DVD. Bank on it TDK gets at least 275 to 300 million.

Iron Man is new and depending on Reviews and good word of mouth look at around 225 to 250 IMO, unless it really comes out of the gate swinging and keeps steady for the first month of the release.

The only thing I will say and this is no shot at IM. TDK looks different, and I am not just talking dark, never though I would say this....but god damn Ledger has my interest peaked.

IM looks to nail the eye candy crowd early, and the acting thus far looks very respectable, already seems to be miles ahead of what FF was bringing.

I think it's obvious that Iron Man has an uphill battle to get the same name recognition as Batman, since everyone and their grandma know Batman. However, X-Men had the same challenge, and now just about everyone know Wolverine and the rest of the mutants. IM has a terrific cast, and probably a great movie. All they need is a new trailer with stuff we haven't seen, like IM using his array of weaponry, to generate new buzz. I really like TDK's trailer, but I'm more interested to see IM because I've never seen the Metalhead in live-action before, whereas Batman vs Joker has been done before. It's apple and oranges.

X-Men was way more popular than Iron Man before the movies ever came out...

This has probably been said multiple of times before but TDK has released their trailer, yet IM hasn't given us anything yet. :( But I will most definitely see both of them.

This has probably been said multiple of times before but TDK has released their trailer, yet IM hasn't given us anything yet. :( But I will most definitely see both of them.

What do you mean? We have two trailers for Iron Man. Hulk is the one that's holding out on us! :cmad::bh:

I guess he thinks what Iron Man has released are just teasers. THe first one that aired on multiple TV channels was really more of a trailer then a teaser

THe first Batman Teaser with the voices.... that was a distinct teaser..it gave away nothin cept a few lines and just a bit of Jokers Voice.

yeah we have plenty of iron man stuff, i want to see some hulk stuff as well.

I can't wait to see both, IMHO both the IM :im: and TDK :brucebat: trailers are great, I will be in line the first day to see both of these movies and I want both to do well at the Box Office so they make more.

Like a couple other posters here have said, I could care less about the DC vs Marvel thing, I am a comic book and superhero fan and I don't care about that crap at all.

IM - May 2008
TIH - June 2008
The Dark Knight - July 2008
Punisher: War Zone - September 2008

I will see them all :woot:

Same here.

personally I look foward to Iron Man but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed because spidey 3 wasn't too good nor was ghost rider. the animated iron man movie was awesome though. I can't wait till the dark knight, hellboy 2, avp, & incredible hulk. Not keeping my fingers crossed on Wanted either. :bh:

IDK, I'm waaaaaay more excited for Batman then Iron Man because they've given us a bunch of stuff to live on then Iron Man. Impressive posters rather then Iron Man's same exact Iron Man in every picture flying, I mean in almost every picture! It gets a bit boring...Then they give us an INCREDIBLE Best of 2007 that I just watch over and over again, and a great performance by Heath( from what we can see) , and a leaked first 6 minutes of the movie( Bank scene) that we can also watch 10,000,000 times. And all we have for Iron Man is well...That same old teaser...:down: It was nice at first but now it's just boring...

Still looking forward to it but...TDK more...

TDK FTW! :hoboj:

Iron Man is on the front cover of a magazine I saw today.
I'll buy it tomorrow & post photos/articles.
It's calle Sci-Fi something (I don't know the second word lol :oldrazz: )
So people may start to get excited again :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"