Are they ever going to decide to make a live action..

RonStoppablefan

Harry Potter fan
Reaction score
BatMan show ever agian? Maybe after SmallVill ends they could do it, I know Birds of Pray didn't do to well, but maybe if they did it about our BatMan it would do good.

I hope so. It could work, if they abandoned the "super high tech" version of the character and toned it down a bit.

Yea I'd love to see a new Batman show, and they should make sure to take a page out of TAS. They should just start the show without having a introduction or origin. Just begin with Batman already protecting Gotham, and having dealt with most characters already. It was a good formula and it worked. I don't like Smallville because the whole show is like the origin of Superman. I didn't like how it was done.

dolfan55aj I like your idea, just start off without having to introduce BatMans orgin. Just go into villains and such, question is when should Robin and BatGirl be introduced? Season 1 right off the bat? Or later on down the road? Joker should be in from the geto though.

Smallville is Superboy without calling it Superboy. It's terrible.

A live action show-set in continuity of Begins would be nice-but for quality purposes, i'd rather it be animated. An animated companion show to the Chris Nolan movies would be nice. That's what the TAS was to 89/Returns.

"The Batman" was originally meant as the companion cartoon to Begins..but failed. Miserably.

I'd love to see a live action Batman tv series, but as long as the films are going on you would get animated than a live action. But WB could change their mind.

dolfan55aj I like your idea, just start off without having to introduce BatMans orgin. Just go into villains and such, question is when should Robin and BatGirl be introduced? Season 1 right off the bat? Or later on down the road? Joker should be in from the geto though.

If I could choose I'd say no Robin or Batgirl, and if so then only Robin, and not till much later in the series. Neither of those characters ever did anything for me, and I'd rather not have them.

I'd love to see a live action Batman tv series, but as long as the films are going on you would get animated than a live action. But WB could change their mind.

I see what you mean, them doing live action movies is kind of like them doing a live action series. Course they had SmallVill going while they were doing a SuperMan live action movie, guess it was to save them the embarsment of the movie. Did not like that one at all. Maybe in a few years they'll do one. If you could choose actors for Bruce/BatMan or the Joker for the series who would it be? Guess this should be a completley other topic eh?

it'll never happen... and i'll give you 3 words why: "Birds of Prey"

Nuff said.

Ahh, yeah. I caught an episode of that recently... yeesh.
Was that on the WB? It reeks of their style.

Yah I never understood why they went with Birds of Prey, they should have just made a Batman series. Why go into the future with Batman and Catwomens daughter? Just star it on our fav Bat. Funny thing is none of the Batman series wrote about Batmans daughter, just Terry in the future.

If they keep it simple and make it more of a detective type of show like the Law & Orders, it could work...

I am dying for another LIVE action Batman series

The could do a Gotham City Police Departement series, with Batman showing up (in the shadows) every once and a while.

The could do a Gotham City Police Departement series, with Batman showing up (in the shadows) every once and a while.

Well that would essentially be Gotham Central. Personally I think this is the smartest and probably most intriguing way to go. Except for a few episodes of BTAS tv or film has never really presented the lives of those in Gotham outside of Batman and co.

Well that would essentially be Gotham Central. Personally I think this is the smartest and probably most intriguing way to go. Except for a few episodes of BTAS tv or film has never really presented the lives of those in Gotham outside of Batman and co.
Because what would be the point?

Sure, everyone likes Ice Cream, but given the choice between Vanilla and Strawberry the almost universal choice would be Strawberry. They're both Ice Cream, but given the choice everyone knows which they'd rather have. They're both set in Gotham City, but give an audience the choice between Gotham Central and Batman, and they'd all take Batman. Besides, there's no point for some sort of Cop show, there's like a dozen on the air right now.

To the person that said we'll never see a Live-action Batman show: I think you're wrong. More and more, what would tradionally be considered film franchises are moving into the TV market (Smallville, Terminator, Star Wars.) I think its only a matter of time before we get a Live-action Batman show, once Nolan's 3 movies are over. Heck, we could even get it sooner if WB want to jump on the bandwagon of super successful shows.

A Batman TV show could be just like the Batman mythology and the comics. It need not always focus on Batman. That's the beauty of it. There are just limitless possibilities.

To the person that said we'll never see a Live-action Batman show: I think you're wrong. More and more, what would tradionally be considered film franchises are moving into the TV market (Smallville, Terminator, Star Wars.) I think its only a matter of time before we get a Live-action Batman show, once Nolan's 3 movies are over. Heck, we could even get it sooner if WB want to jump on the bandwagon of super successful shows.

I totally agree with you on this one. Hopefully it will be sooner than later =)

I think TV is looked at in a different light than back in the day, and more and more Film Stars are jumping into TV shows or having guest spots

it'll never happen... and i'll give you 3 words why: "Birds of Prey"

Nuff said.

Heck, I could have used two words: "Adam West".

Y'know, I've always found it peculiar that Batman seems to have a longer live-action career on film than he does on TV, and Superman has had a more consistent live-action presence on TV than he has on film.

Heck, I could have used two words: "Adam West".
Adam West did a brilliant job as Batman in the 66 show. I see no problem with what Adam did to make anybody think negatively about bringing back a live action Batman TV Series

Adam West did a brilliant job as Batman in the 66 show. I see no problem with what Adam did to make anybody think negatively about bringing back a live action Batman TV Series

batusi-1.jpg

106502_2.jpg

...you may be on to something. :oldrazz:

Yes, his Batman was cheesy and campy. So were the comics back then. It was a perfect adaptation of them, and was great for what it was. It was able to be funny, and still make you like the characters, despite the age it was made in, and the total lack of continuity.

But anyway, I dont think they'll do a live action Batman show in the foreseeable future. I'd rather see a lesser known bat-character get the spotlight on TV anyway. Someone who'll probably never get there own movie (or ever get there own movie again). Like the Creeper, or Nightwing, or even Catwoman.

It can be done... but given the scale of bad live action superhero television versus good live action superhero television, it'd be incredibly risky. The same argument could be made with the live action film ratio, I know, but we're talking about a weekly episodic basis here, compared to a months worth shoot for a two hour long length of footage.

Personally, I think Warner Bros. should have gone with their idea of a television show based off of the Gotham Central comic series. The risk of a budget could go down, considerably, since Batman, the sidekicks, and his adversaries only show up in cameos. The rest is basically a cop drama dealing with different members of the force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"