Are you a forgetful/ditsy/clumsy person?

hopefuldreamer

Clark Kent > Superman
Reaction score
Is anyone else any of the above?

I'm all of them. And I absolutely hate it.

For example, I just got off a train without my purse. It'll just be sitting there on the seat next to me where I was looking at it seconds before getting off thinking 'oh, remember to pick that up'... And then that thought just dissapears and I never do :(

I loose things all the time. This will be the third purse this year. I've lost 6 phones, 1 a blackberry and 1 an Itouch, so i've been living with a 15 quid replacement.

And i'm constantly tripping over things, banging into things, dropping entire plates of food etc.

Now if it wasn't hard enough being so angry with yourself you just wanna cry, people are spectacularly unsympathetic.

You should take better care of your things. You should watch where your going. Pay more attention. Etc etc.

As though the reason is because you simply don't care or something!

Does anyone else share my pain? :(

I'm the opposite of all those things.

It doesn't happen often but when I leave my house I'll forget my cellphone sometimes.

Now if it wasn't hard enough being so angry with yourself you just wanna cry, people are spectacularly unsympathetic.

You should take better care of your things. You should watch where your going. Pay more attention. Etc etc.

As though the reason is because you simply don't care or something!

Does anyone else share my pain? :(

I can sympathize with this part. I'm far from a complete idiot -- being clumsy is just a part of me being inherently awkward. Thankfully, it doesn't happen to me too much. I fumble around an awful lot.

No. I'm an a**hole, shallow and stupid.

No, and since I don't suffer fools silently, I inform them of such.

Those traits don't necessarily make a person a fool.

I have my moments. Sometimes, I bump my head into walls, or I'll bump my head into the ceiling if I'm standing on a ladder or a countertop. Also, on some rare occasions, I'll drop a glass or a ceramic bowl.

I also have a tendency to forget to do certain things, but it's mainly me forgetting on purpose because I don't want to do it in the first place. :woot:

I never forget my wallet, cellphone (well, apart for a couple of times at home) or keys. These are too important.

But my short time memory has always been crappy, like a goldfish at worst. I've helped my brother to move into a new big house for two days now, and I've forget to take a jacket with me on both nights on my way home. Yesterday I packed it in a paperbag to go with my bike, but that didn't matter. Both nights I realized halfway home that I forgot it.

Sometimes I get up from the dinner table, couch, computer chair or whatever to get something. If for instance the phone rings then, there's no possability in hell afterwards that I would remember what I was about to do the moment before.

As I'm getting older, I forget words (specific terms) sometimes, and I've noticed with just a tiny amount of alcohol in my body I nowadays forget names and stuff easier than before. That will be a problem in the future..

Yeah,I too have the same experience.I too forget too many things and afterwards it create problem for me.As I forget things for that reason,I have also lost many things of mine .

Last edited:
I'm very forgetful, always have been. So I have to overcompensate for it. I have set places where I always leave things so that I don't have to think about where they are.

Although sometimes I forget to do things according to "my plan" and then, oh boy, I have to tear the place apart looking for it...

Wish I was not so forgetful.

Ditsy and clumsy? Not so much, but I do have my moments like everybody else I guess.

I never forget my wallet, cellphone (well, apart for a couple of times at home) or keys. These are too important.

But my short time memory has always been crappy, like a goldfish at worst. I've helped my brother to move into a new big house for two days now, and I've forget to take a jacket with me on both nights on my way home. Yesterday I packed it in a paperbag to go with my bike, but that didn't matter. Both nights I realized halfway home that I forgot it.

Sometimes I get up from the dinner table, couch, computer chair or whatever to get something. If for instance the phone rings then, there's no possability in hell afterwards that I would remember what I was about to do the moment before.

As I'm getting older, I forget words (specific terms) sometimes, and I've noticed with just a tiny amount of alcohol in my body I nowadays forget names and stuff easier than before. That will be a problem in the future..

I'm actually the exact same way.

Sometimes I will randomly forgot words, and I have trouble thinking of the word I need to finish the sentence, or keep the story going.

Nope, my brain is an incredibly well lubricated machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"