Are you looking forward to this movie more or less after knowing who the director is?

Sava

Dont cry, my dear
Reaction score
I didnt even know Ang was making a Hulk movie until like jan 03 or something like that, but after hearing who was making the movie, i was looking forward to it like a million times more. Now, the question is, are you looking forward to this movie more or less now?... plus, did you drop your standards after hearing who was directing?

After finding out that Zak was writing TIH, my standfards for the movie was still high cause i thought maybe they'll bring in someone great like Alex Proyas or someone like that, but afer the new director was announced, my standards dropped alot, i'll be happy if TIH is F4 good, really.

Don't see why people are so angry over it. Funny how people on seem to remember Penn's latest work with X3 (which I thought was a good film,just rushed to high hell) and Elektra (also rushed,other than Elektra being a babysitter I wouldn't consider the movie horrible) and forget that he wrote X-Men 1 and 2.

As for the director,again,didn't everybody think the first movie didn't have enough action? Well guess what,you've got it now.:o

Well it proves that this movie is actually going to happen so I'm looking foward to it more now that the director has been chosen. My standards weren't very high to begin with.

I'm still not sure as i haven't seen any of the director's films. Some of the qoutes are positive some of them are not.

Sabretooth said:
Don't see why people are so angry over it. Funny how people on seem to remember Penn's latest work with X3 (which I thought was a good film,just rushed to high hell) and Elektra (also rushed,other than Elektra being a babysitter

I wouldn't consider the movie horrible) and forget that he wrote X-Men 1 and 2.
Zak Penn did NOT write X-Men 1.
As for X2 yes he did write a draft from which a big part made it in to the final film.However writers David Hayter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris also did drafts and they had a major hand in the outcome of the script (and fim) as did director Bryan Singer.

For example Penn's X2 did not have the Nightcrawler opening sequence attack on the president because he thought it was too over the top.Singer and Hayter insisted it stay in the film. Thats just one example.
Sabretooth said:
As for the director,again,didn't everybody think the first movie didn't have enough action? Well guess what,you've got it now.:o
I thought the first Hulk had some pretty incredible (no pun intended) action sequences. If people can't impressed by that i don't know what can impress them.

I don't see a problem ... for now. Just wait till the trailer hits.

I don't know who at Marvel saw Transporter and thought to themselves that this is the next man who should helm The Hulk, whoever it was they should get fired, and possibly hurt. So to answer your Q this makes my anticipation less. Though if Bana comes back I'm excited again!

lmao at lordofthenerds's avvy:D :up:

Sava who is that in your avvy?!?:eek:

This director has neither made me less nor more excited about the film. I´m glad that they have a director and can now hopefully get the movie going but other then that I´m going to have to wait until I see something or hear something concrete about the film.

I am pretty ambivalent about it....my opinion will largely depend on what comes out closer to the date...

My opinion has honestly dropped, i've seen Transporter, which was an average at best popcorn flick, and last night i saw Unleashed, which was another short movie (97mins) with some bad acting but good action in. And, as someone who thinks X3 was absolute shyte, i hate that Penn is on board this.

And to whoever said Penn wrote X1 and X2, HE NEVER. He was barely if at all involved in X1 and X2 he wrote a draft for, but that draft was quite a bit different the the screenplay wrote by Dougherty, Harris and Hayter.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
My opinion has honestly dropped, i've seen Transporter, which was an average at best popcorn flick, and last night i saw Unleashed, which was another short movie (97mins) with some bad acting but good action in. And, as someone who thinks X3 was absolute shyte, i hate that Penn is on board this.

And to whoever said Penn wrote X1 and X2, HE NEVER. He was barely if at all involved in X1 and X2 he wrote a draft for, but that draft was quite a bit different the the screenplay wrote by Dougherty, Harris and Hayter.
maybe they'll bring on someone to touch up Penn's script

Sava said:
maybe they'll bring on someone to touch up Penn's script

Maybe, but it sounds like they wont have time. By the way Sava, have you seen Superman Returns? I saw it for the second time yesterday and thought it was great.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Maybe, but it sounds like they wont have time. By the way Sava, have you seen Superman Returns? I saw it for the second time yesterday and thought it was great.
havent seen it, havent even been to cinema's since going to see MI3 :(... i'll be going this weekend i think, to see DMC.

Sava said:
havent seen it, havent even been to cinema's since going to see MI3 :(... i'll be going this weekend i think, to see DMC.

Thats great as well, enjoy.

Sava, are you going to tell who's in your avvy?:o

Not sure if anyone has made this remark but i noticed that Unleashed's story seems to have similarities to that of the Hulk. The whole caged beast thing with Jet Li and him being afraid to hurt people.

Perhaps this can be seen as a positive for Hulk 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"