• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Avengers What are YOU Most Looking Forward to in this Movie?

A good model I would say for Steve and Tony would be Kirk and Spock in Abrams' Star Trek. Start off with an obvious distaste for each other, reaching to a pinnacle moment of aggressive force between characters, and ultimately settling for the obvious necessity to find success in the climax.

Unless they come up with something entirely original, I'm down for that.

This.

Well its intresting cause Weadon mentioned Star Trek how to make a great film at comic con with his panel with Abrams.

avengersfan.jpg

The thing i hope they do well is trying to balance the comic sci fi elements along with the movie realistic ness element.

take for example the x men films. i think while they ultimately declined in quality after bryan singer left the franchise. the movies did a great job of presenting superpowers on screen in creative-ways.

kevin feige has said that he wants to take the ensemble of characters and take the action to star wars level. which will be alot fun.

so basically they need to try to use a much of the comics as possible in acton sequences but maintain a good team dynamic with the dialogue.

tony stark, thor, bruce banner, captain america and Nick Fury along with Black Widow and Hawkeye seems like a interesting mix of superheros with egos.

and even more imporant are the bad guys. i mean with the roster of heroes we need some really bad ass vilians. its gonna be hard.

so i hope to see drama in the sense that there is team conflict but presented in an entertaining way, but ultimately the team puts their differences aside and use their powers to stop the bad guys.

so i hope to see power fusions. meaning i hope we see superheros combining their powers in creative ways to defeat bad guys action wise

but make the movie a film that the average movie goer can understand the film and like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qd-_11IHY

but lots of people are saying that the animated cartoon is giving us an idea of what we might see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGy9MmQ_Dw

but this team up film could be a real cinematic classic. it could surpass dark knight possibly. but just as a film it should be a movie that a non-comic fan could look at and enjoy.

as a sci-fi film it needs to be a classic.

Last edited:
I'm sure I share the same worries as anyone who adores these characters and, Hell, we all know how comic adaptations can go.

There's a LOT riding on this.

So, what am I most looking forward to? To be honest and to be entirely objective, I'm looking forward to the fact that the thing is even getting made.

Yeah, I'm the first person to argue if comic adaptations are needless or pointless, but we all have some we love and some we hate. Point is, this is not just a monumental artistic task, but it's an achievement for copyrights and how, with effort, franchises can be brought together under one roof and made to work (Hopefully).

We won't ever see Superman and Batman.

The Big Three in action together. Nuff said, true believer!

Also, Rick Jones dammit.

LOTS of stuff.
Hulk vs Thor, the Big Three on screen together, (potential) new costumes/armour, ScarJo and Cobie Smulders in the same movie...

I'm probably in the minority on this one, considering the big names that are in this movie, but I'm really looking forward to, and hoping for big things for, Hawkeye. I'm really interested in how accurate they'll make his costume, and his attitude. I really hope they don't go too Ultimate with it and make him use guns, and I'm really hoping for a variety of trick-arrows.

Easter eggs. References to old members of "Avengers" creative teams (maybe in a less clumsy way than that scene at the beginning of "Daredevil"), and to other Avengers that we may or may not eventually see on screen.

I'm really looking forward to getting an official confirmation on what will be thet "massive threat" that requires the Avengers. Loki has been confirmed to appear but I doubt he's the threat that Fury is recruiting the Avengers for since he doesn't even know who Loki is yet.

With so many rumors going around about Skrulls, Hulk, Quasar, Maria Hill, Wasp, and all that, I am finally looking forward to seeing exactly who is going to be in this movie, what they will be doing, and what the plot is.

^^^ Same here, all these rumors getting ridiculous.

The thing I look most forward to is the unfreezing of Captain America and the man out of time story.

Definitely the Rogers/Stark interaction and dynamic. I just hope Evans can hold up to RDJ. I want these two going at it and I don't want RDJ to half ass it.

A lighthearted scene of Rogers trying to use modern technology would be nice too. Like Tony showing him how to fly something.

Evans will be able to. I think we fans put RDJ on too high a pedistal. The actors in IM2 hold up with him well, and I expect Evans to be able to.

Thor informing the villain that they "would have words with thee".

Iron Man, at the end, asking the rest of the team if they're up for a little rumpy-bumpy back at his placer.

That busker from "Spider-Man" singing "When Captain America throw his mighty shield".

Steve Rogers acting like the old man on the team, treating Tony Stark like a young go getter and reminiscing about knowing Howard Stark, even though he is in his 29 and Stark is 46.

Stark trying to relate to, or wrap his mind around, Thor and the whole Magic thing.

Hank Pym having unstable mental problems.

Steve Rogers becoming the natural born leader to the Avengers he was born to be, and the moment he finally calls out Avengers Assemble.

Well. I'm not gonna lie. As a life long comic fan who NEVER thought I would see any of these guys done justice on the silver screen.....

I'll probably need a pillow in my lap regardless of whats in the damn movie. :woot:

I'm just happy i'll get to see it.

*something shocking and/or awe-inspiring happens*

Thor: "By Odin's beard!"
IM: >_> "...seriously? Seriously."

What I'm most looking forward to:

First and foremost, the character stuff between Stark and Rogers.

But on the more shallow note: The Helicarrier. Ever since I saw it in the Spidey cartoons when I was 9-10, I've been dying to see that thing in all it's full glory in live-action. I used to want to live in one. Still kinda do. :D

Last edited:
This isn't a major scene, but I would love to see Iron Man out in space doing delicate "surgery" on a satellite/weapons platform/alien ship. The dead silence of space with the flashes of light as he works on it to the backdrop of earth and all the stars. That would look epic.

I definitely want to see the major hero moment for Captain America where he earns the respect of the rest of the team and draws them together at his sides just out of their sheer respect for him. He just becomes their leader without really even meaning to.

Similar to the above, I would really find it a nice touch if we get to see Hulk call Steve his friend.

I want to see Thor go all out. I mean, lightning storm around him as he gets ticked.

I would love to see the Helicarrier. I can't even imagine the budget this thing is going to end up carrying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"