Are you more partial to musicians from a certain area?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
As in, if it comes to rock, hip-hop, or whatever are you more of a fan of those that hail from the south, from the west coast, east coast, or it just has no bearing on your taste whatsoever? Guys at work were playing their ipods on speakers and were comparing songs and one dude says he hates any and all rock groups from the west coast and only prefers the ones that have origins in the south. I know as far as rap, I'm not a fan of the southern ones for the most part, but the guys from here in the midwest and east coast are what I'm more into.

English rock bands are better.

As far as Hip Hop goes chicago has most of my favourite Rappers at the moment. Kanye West, Twista, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Rhymefest, The Cool Kids and so on.

I don't like that whiney American suburban Pop Punk/Rock stuff.

Never liked country music and never will.

Bands from different regions don't always play the same type of music though. It all depends if it turns into a scene like seattle had with grunge or LA with Gangsta Rap.

yes i am

im always WEST COAST bias on anything :woot:

i like incubus,chili peppers,korn,no doubt, 2pac, snoop

all cali bands all the time

not to say i dont like others... but i will be QUICKER to support those from cali

all new music sucks, all of it. that is all.

I wouldn't say all new music sucks, it's just that they copy each other like crazy, today more than ever. But there are still musicians doing a great job.

I wouldn't say all new music sucks, it's just that they copy each other like crazy, today more than ever. But there are still musicians doing a great job.

few and far between. and none that will be remembered for more then 2 months.

all new music sucks.

I like a lot of different music. Not grasping too many new musicians unless I've seen them in concert, they've open for a favorite band or something. I have no cable so my exposure to new music is limited to radio, network TV and live shows. I don't visit iTunes very often anymore.

But the music I do like varies from international to rap.

this is the most dissapointing decade in the history of music.

It doesnt matter to me but it seems my favorite artists come from across the pond.

for the most part, i am impartial.

i love west coast rap, east coast rap, southern rap, midwest rap. when it comes to rock, i really don't know who hails from where, except i know that linkin park is southern cali (with chester from arizona).

if anything, i would say midwest rap, because my favorite group of all time, bone thugs-n-harmony, come from cleveland. and there are a lot of midwest artists that i like - twista (chicago), do or die (chicago), sandman (minneapolis), atmosphere (minneapolis), royce da 5'9" (detroit).

but really, region doesn't much play an influence in my tastes. i like what i like. and for the most part, that's 90's rap music (and some 2000-on rap, but not most of it), and i'm slowly getting more and more into rock music also. but still not heavily.

this is the most dissapointing decade in the history of music.

QFT

have you noticed every decade had a 'culture' or a distinguished feel since the 1940's and this decade doesn't compared to the nineties. Its just blah!

I don't know what music you guys are into but there is good music out there. If your looking at MTV or Commercial radio for it though your not gona find it.
People always say this but you're proving the point.

There have always been really "cool obscure" bands, that you have to "get turned on to", or "discover".
But in previous decades, it WAS the popular stuff that was so good.
The stuff on Mtv and the radio Rocked.

In the 70's you could turn on the commercial radio and be blown away by the then current genius.
In the 80's and 90's, you could turn on Mtv and be blown away by the then current genius.

It's all lower than s*** now.
Even though there's always going to be good music made somewhere by someone, you can't look at the 2000's and say, "Man, what an AWESOME decade for Music!"

lol, no Way.

You used to have N.W.A., Cypress Hill, Tupac...........what do you have now, FIDDY CENT?!? COMMON?!?
You used to have Soundgarden, what do you have now? My Chemical Romance?
You used to have Joan Jett or the Go Go's.
What now? Avril Lavigne still hanging on? The latest "winner" from American Idol?!

B.A.R.F.

People always say this but you're proving the point.

There have always been really "cool obscure" bands, that you have to "get turned on to", or "discover".
But in previous decades, it WAS the popular stuff that was so good.
The stuff on Mtv and the radio Rocked.

In the 70's you could turn on the commercial radio and be blown away by the then current genius.
In the 80's and 90's, you could turn on Mtv and be blown away by the then current genius.

It's all lower than s*** now.
Even though there's always going to be good music made somewhere by someone, you can't look at the 2000's and say, "Man, what an AWESOME decade for Music!"

lol, no Way.

You used to have N.W.A., Cypress Hill, Tupac...........what do you have now, FIDDY CENT?!? COMMON?!?
You used to have Soundgarden, what do you have now? My Chemical Romance?
You used to have Joan Jett or the Go Go's.
What now? Avril Lavigne still hanging on? The latest "winner" from American Idol?!

B.A.R.F.

Well people get what they ask for. If people where not so intrested in listening to fiddy cent and My chemical Romance they wouldn't get air play. The media industry want to find the next whoever is most popular at the moment not give you a totally new sound you haven't heard.

If you want make difference all you people who complain about music today should find artists that you like and buy their records then you might actully change what gets played on radio.

you gotta remember the 70's, 80's, 90's had a lot of terrible music as well. People only remember the good stuff. Its debatable how much of it was crap but there is no denighing commercial radio has always played crap.
If you remember the 80's MTV actully played a hell of a lot of terrible Hair Metal bands for a good part of the decade.

Howlin'Pelle Almqvist the singer from The Hives was asked the other day why his band isn't more popular and he said "People are always attracted to S*** , millions of flys can't be Wrong".

If you want make difference all you people who complain about music today should find artists that you like and buy their records then you might actully change what gets played on radio.
I would LOVE to!
I read about new music non-stop, read all these reviews about some new band that is so "great", listen to them and they suck ass, or, they're mildly okay.
At Borders they let you listen to everything as long as you want before buying it and it's all garbage.
Can you think of any band that produces CD's that are worth buying today?
I can't.

I would LOVE to!
I read about new music non-stop, read all these reviews about some new band that is so "great", listen to them and they suck ass, or, they're mildly okay.
At Borders they let you listen to everything as long as you want before buying it and it's all garbage.
Can you think of any band that produces CD's that are worth buying today?
I can't.

Well I dn't really buy into Hype or magazine reviews for bands. I don't know what kind of music your into or older artists that you like but if you tell me I'm sure I could recomend some artists.

All, just all those type of bands.

I do however hate the rise of such imagery becoming fashionable through lame bands that cover misfits songs and hot topic stores. As such I also hate scene kids and posers generally.

All, just all those type of bands.

I do however hate the rise of such imagery becoming fashionable through lame bands that cover misfits songs and hot topic stores. As such I also hate scene kids and posers generally.

yeah there are tons of kids that wear band t-shirts of bands they have never listen too. They just wear it becuase it cool :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"