First Avenger Arnim Zola has been cast

If your going to make him a normal scientist why bother then.

exactly...he has a very unique look...use it

yea it should be interesting to see what they decide to go with this character. Now yea like i said last night i think we will probably first see him as a regular human looking guy. Then maybe have a nod to his robotic self by end of the film. As for robot look if we see it, will probably end up being a bit more humanize and all that. As for the face in torso deal will we will just have to see what happens there.

Zola is a great character, so I'm glad to see he is being used :up:

Jones is a great choice for Zola. He was one of my picks for Penguin had the character ever appeared in B3, but this is fine...The cast continues to grow nicely.

Toby Jones is awesome, I'm really glad to see him in something like this.

Last edited:
Was Zola in WW2? Most of the Cap stuff I've read is Brubaker, so I don't know if he was.

well he was created in the 70s from what i read on wiki, and his history was in the 40s, and then he survived into the modern world through robot bodies/cloning.

that could be the explanation on how RS gets into the modern times

well he was created in the 70s from what i read on wiki, and his history was in the 40s, and then he survived into the modern world through robot bodies/cloning.
I only ever saw him in the Deadpool where Wade goes back in time and teams up with Captain America... in that Zola's inside his stupid little suit. Seriously, that's not going to work on film. It's ridiculous in the comics which is multiplied by about a thousand when translated to live-action film. No no no.

so i was thinking if we do see a nod or end of film he get put into a robot body. What if its a robot body in line of say classic the day the earth stood still gort?

Right on the money right here. He looks like a little freak like Zola himself. When I heard this I thought it was gonna be Doug Jones of Hellboy fame where they would have inserted his face into a CGI tv man. The guy is a chameleon.

I will say this, the only screw up casting so far has been with Captain America himself.

Never heard of Tobey Jones but I'm like Zola in the flim. He's one of Red Skulls most loyal henchmen its only right to have him in this. Red Skull,Hitler, Nazis in WW2 at the peak of their power is all the villains we need for a movie.

Never heard of Tobey Jones but I'm like Zola in the flim. He's one of Red Skulls most loyal henchmen its only right to have him in this. Red Skull,Hitler, Nazis in WW2 at the peak of their power is all the villains we need for a movie.

He's been a several good roles, such as W. - Frost/Nixon - Amazing Grace - City of Ember and Finding Neverland, those are the ones I've seen him in at least, and he was good :up:

I didn't know he was 'Dobby' (aka Putin) the house elf. Plus going by the picture of him on Superherohype's own article (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/100892-toby-jones-to-play-arnim-zola-in-captain-america) or the one posted by Rock Sexton, it looks like we've got the perfect person to play Robin 'Cook MP - the horny ginger bugger'. :oldrazz:

As for the look of the character, I wouldn't mind seeing something resembling his current look. Although it would have to be tweaked to better fit a movie.

Last edited:
yea toby has done some good live action roles and voice roles. i seen a few of the things he did. so i am sure he will be fine.

For any of you Doctor Who lovers he will be in the next episode entitled "Amy's Choice". So check it out if you want to see his acting skills. There's a trailer for the episode online that has him in it. Looks to be quite good. Can't wait to see him as Zola.

Great addition to the cast.

Looking forward to see how Toby does with the role. Hopefully he has a decent enough role and Arnim Zola isn't downgraded to one of those X-Men 3 like cameo jobs. :mad::up:

Excellent. Toby Jones is a great movie and i've wanted him in a comic book movie for ages... Would've preffered him as Cobblepot in Batman 3, though...

Last edited:
How is it that no one has cared to discuss this awesome character in over a year?
Is he just completely insignificant in this film?

Any more news on the role he'll play in the movie, if he'll take on his robotic form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"