• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** this.

tumblr_ljdk1g58dr1qik6hoo1_500.gif

Oh ya this is much better then any previous ideas they've had for the past 4 years about T5, and continuing the convoluted story line of T3 and especially TS. This is a smart move.

So is arnold still playing the main terminator in this? The trilogy is going to be based around an already very old terminator robot that will probably look even more damn elderly by the third film?

This whole franchise honestly strikes me as they got lucky after 2 successful different styled films and should have just left well enough alone.

I would be okay with Arnold playing a supporting human character. But as the titular Terminator?

This is like starting a Superman reboot with a 60-something Christopher Reeve. C'mon.

T3 and Terminator Salvation do not exist in my canon.

The press release said nothing about Schwarzenegger being in this.

I have a feeling he won't be playing a major role. I really don't.

And I really hope they get The Rock to play the new terminator.

If this is a new reboot, I say Arnold is gone. Or he just does a fan service cameo.

Ya I agree. I think to a point they should go away from the muscle bound, and go with Cameron's original Terminator idea where he could look like anyone. Like how Lance was originally suppose to be the T-800. I'm not saying lean, but not as bulky. To me it's kinda a relic of the 80's. We need a good actor not just someone who has lots of muscles. Arnold did pull it off, but I would say no to most others.

I find the T-800 rather dated period.

I mean, you'd think by now, they'd be able to make a terminator that can pass the Turing Test.

The T-1000, is a good example. In every scene, it can pass for human. It can emote.

The T-800 is obviously a robot. Which worked fine in the 80's, but with the current radical breakthroughs in AI and robotics, they need to update that.

Is it weird that I didn't get anxious over reboots of beloved characters like Batman, Superman and Spider-Man but this Terminator reboot seems really wrong to me. I don't know how it's going to work and I can't say I like the idea.

Willing to give it a shot though.

Is it weird that I didn't get anxious over reboots of beloved characters like Batman, Superman and Spider-Man but this Terminator reboot seems really wrong to me. I don't know how it's going to work and I can't say I like the idea.

After Terminator 3, the only way we can go is up.

I'd be interested in seeing a stealthy Terminator instead of the nonstop in your face onslaught that we have seen so far on film.

And no to The Rock...just no. He almost has too much personality to the play that role and it wouldn't be believable at all.

He is an actor. He's not the same guy in every role. Maybe he could pull it off. Naturally, there are other options out there.

And no to The Rock...just no. He almost has too much personality to the play that role and it wouldn't be believable at all.

You clearly haven't seen Faster. :oldrazz: He can do easily do it.

Are we certain he is playing a terminator (i.e. as opposed to a human character)?

I thought the "no arnold, no one cares about the terminator" factor was established after salvation failed?

I believe one of the opinions was the only way you get a successful Terminator is with arnold and that's why he was so important to secure when the franchise was re-purchased?

It's because those characters have been rebooted a million times in comicbooks. That's the nature of the Superhero genre. Terminator 1 and 2 are classics and have never been anything but James Cameron's vision. I'm not jumping up and down about a reboot but I've used all of my rage on the Robocop reboot. I'm all out of reboot rage.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't seen Faster. :oldrazz: He can do easily do it.

I did see it, didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I've just watched too much wrestling in my lifetime...I'm kind of Rocked out.

Hell, I'd rather have a beefed up Batista in the role. As long as were going with the emotionless killing machine.

Last edited:
I thought the "no arnold, no one cares about the terminator" factor was established after salvation failed?

I believe one of the opinions was the only way you get a successful Terminator is with arnold and that's why he was so important to secure when the franchise was re-purchased?

Or you know, a good plot, good writing, and terminators. Plus, time travel (a staple of the series) goes a long way.

If you think about the terminators in Salvation (i.e. the ones we know, so not the T-600's), don't show up till the very end for... 5-10 minutes?

I'm fine with a T-800, maybe just not as muscle bound and fits in a tad more. Part of the commentary of T1 especially was how machine like, and robotic "we" have become, where we don't recognize something like a actual emotionless machine walking among us. A part of me does not mind having that theme there, it's even more relevant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"