Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

Conan the Barbarian worked because it really attempted to be a great movie..destroyer was a rushed cash in..and tried to copy more where the genre was going in the knock off movies than what Barbarian actually was.

I tried to like the new Conan..it had some moments, like the final crypt scene that were REH conan..but overrall it was just too cheesy..solid moments but an overrall fail. They even screwed up the iconic intro.

There are several REH conan stories of his aged / king years ..very solid basis for badass scripts.

Best part about Destroyer was Olivia D'Abo.

Conan the Barbarian worked because it really attempted to be a great movie..destroyer was a rushed cash in..and tried to copy more where the genre was going in the knock off movies than what Barbarian actually was.

I tried to like the new Conan..it had some moments, like the final crypt scene that were REH conan..but overrall it was just too cheesy..solid moments but an overrall fail. They even screwed up the iconic intro.

There are several REH conan stories of his aged / king years ..very solid basis for badass scripts.

The Conan reboot was unwatchable..

The reboot Conan was alright for the most part, I dug the first 30 or so minutes of it.

Disagree. I'd take Destroyer over the lame reboot any day of the week. And I really wanted to enjoy the reboot.

Well, to each his own, though I think most Howard fans would take the reboot(as flawed as it might have been in their eyes) over Destroyer.

Arnold still looks awesome and can most definitely play the role in question.

jotZj.jpg

I always wondered what it would look like if Forrest Gump's hair and David Beckham's hair had a lovechild...

And now I know.

Throw a little Ace Ventura in there for good measure.

Schwarzenegger is too old for the role and he was never that good of a Conan anyway.

I think the problem is, since the Momoa Conan movie flopped, they think that "no one can ever top Arnold."

I'll agree that argument might have some weight to it, simply because there are many people out there who love the old movies and probably don't even KNOW Conan was a literary character that had little in common with the Arnold version. But I also think a new Conan film with a different actor would have a chance if it was well-written, well-acted and well-directed (everything the Momoa film wasn't).

Marcus Nispel is a hack director and he was a terrible choice for Conan. I partly blame him.

Momoa was an amazing Conan, far better than Arnold, imo. However nothing in that trashy excuse of a movie helped him, which is a shame. Having said that, Arnie's Conan deserves a good closure.

And I don't get how an actor in his mid-60s is too old for a character in his mid-60s.

Momoa was an amazing Conan, far better than Arnold, imo. However nothing in that trashy excuse of a movie helped him, which is a shame. Having said that, Arnie's Conan deserves a good closure.

And I don't get how an actor in his mid-60s is too old for a character in his mid-60s.
Who wants to watch a movie about Conan in his mid-60's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"