Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 16 the offer

Honestly, I was pretty much hoping for Sara to return thanks to the Pit, without Lance ever having known that Sara actually died. Would have been hilarious.

Sara: Hi, dad.
Lance: Where have you been?
Sara: Well, I died.
Lance: What? Again?
Sara: Yeah, again. But now I'm alive.
Lance: Again?
Sara: Again. I think at this point I'm going to turn into the Kenny of this show.

:o

If Sara comes back from the dead again, I think the next time she's killed....everyone in the show will be like.."Are we even going to bother with doing another funeral for her? What? We just gotta wait for about an year or so before she shows up from the dead again".lol

Yeah exactly. I think the character she plays on the Arrow/Flash spin-off is either a new one, or Barry changes the timeline so she never died. I doubt she's brought back from the dead.

So I wonder ... Is Laurel not telling Lance about Sara's death out of fear of his heart not being able to take it ... Does that story arc of delaying the news seem worth it? I'm not necessarily asking from a "is this character dumb?" perspective, but more from a writing perspective. Like is that whole arc of her not telling him, and that leading to Quentin feeling betrayed by her and Oliver, almost justify her not telling him, because it lead to a bigger arc?

I'm not really sure if I'm proposing the question properly, but I always liked when, in retrospect, story arcs that leave you not liking a character or arc later turn into something that brings good drama, whether that was the original plan or not. For example, I hated when Lex and Lana got married on Smallville, but when they revealed that she did it mostly to help Lionel find dirt on Lex, it almost seemed worth it despite how unwatchable it felt at the time. And I guess the same could be said about watching Laurel last year and seeing how they turned that into her going down the path she's on now.

Not really. That COULD have maybe been interesting, but they didn't execute it well. It just became tedious, annoying, and made Laurel look horrible. And a bigger problem is that IDK if we're SUPPOSED to see her as horrible. I think that the writers probably wanted us to LIKE her for "caring about her dad's health," but the utterly failed to do that well either. Add onto that the fact that the "bad heart" thing feels like a really convenient plot device, and it was just a mess all around.

Also, I don't even think that the "bigger arc" justifies it either. That "arc" is essentially "Lance has a grudge against GA and is hunting him." Here's the problem, YOU ALREADY DID THIS!! That was basically the status quo for most of season 1, so it feels like a rehash. We'd moved on and Lance had grown as a character, so regressing him NOW is just annoying. Hell the whole reason why he hated Oliver back in Season 1 was because of Sara's "death" on the boat, so it's actually a DOUBLE-rehash.

The way I see it,it wasn't really Ollie's place to tell the Captain about Sara.(Having said that,Lance's reaction is still understandable)

It would be a different story if Lance asked about Sara to the Arrow and he outright lied to his face.Then,he's got the right to hold a grudge.But as it stands now,he really shouldn't be as angry with the Arrow as he is with Laurel.

I gave it a 9,BTW.I'm debating whether I should post my full review here,or just leave it on my blog...:hmm

Well, if there's anything consistent that this show has established... it's that when a member of the Lance family falls into depression, they really fall far.

The way I see it,it wasn't really Ollie's place to tell the Captain about Sara.(Having said that,Lance's reaction is still understandable)

It would be a different story if Lance asked about Sara to the Arrow and he outright lied to his face.Then,he's got the right to hold a grudge.But as it stands now,he really shouldn't be as angry with the Arrow as he is with Laurel.

I gave it a 9,BTW.I'm debating whether I should post my full review here,or just leave it on my blog...:hmm

I think his anger at Arrow goes further then just keeping Saras death a secret. His daughter ran around fighting crime with him and I think he is just angry at how everything has turned out.

Not really. That COULD have maybe been interesting, but they didn't execute it well. It just became tedious, annoying, and made Laurel look horrible. And a bigger problem is that IDK if we're SUPPOSED to see her as horrible. I think that the writers probably wanted us to LIKE her for "caring about her dad's health," but the utterly failed to do that well either. Add onto that the fact that the "bad heart" thing feels like a really convenient plot device, and it was just a mess all around.

Also, I don't even think that the "bigger arc" justifies it either. That "arc" is essentially "Lance has a grudge against GA and is hunting him." Here's the problem, YOU ALREADY DID THIS!! That was basically the status quo for most of season 1, so it feels like a rehash. We'd moved on and Lance had grown as a character, so regressing him NOW is just annoying. Hell the whole reason why he hated Oliver back in Season 1 was because of Sara's "death" on the boat, so it's actually a DOUBLE-rehash.

I don't think Lance is hunting him in subsequent episodes due to him not being told about Sara; rather because the Arrow is now killing again, though we all know it isn't Oliver killing, but Ra's and his men in an attempt to smear Oliver's reputation. But Lance isn't privy to this knowledge.

But he should know better by this point. Him being so easily duped just makes him look like an idiot, which he's not supposed to be.

Yeah I agree. Had this incident, where Ra's going around and pretending to be Green Arrow, occurred earlier in the season, then Lance would have probably defended the Arrow and insist to others that it wasn't him.

Lance is smart because as much as he hated the Vigilante in season 1, he knew not to jump on him right away on the murders that Merlyn committed. He was reluctant to even say publicly that there was only one archer, even though it would have been to prevent fear from the public.

But the overwhelming evidence he will see now is that there is a guy in the exact same Arrow suit killing people with the same equipment. I'm sure he'll doubt it, but the evidence can't stop him from believing its true, which is what Ra's wants.

Yes it can, because he's knows the Arrow. "Maybe a bad guy is trying to frame The Arrow" is not that big a leap to make. In fact, it makes much more sense in-context then Lance believing "the Arrow SUDDENLY went back to killing people for no reason."

But then again the show has been rather inconsistent (shocking I know) with how intelligent/perceptive Lance is supposed to be.

lol so obvious WB mandated they off Deadshot. Guess we'll never see Slade or Captain Boomerang ever again either. So stupid, especially when they have a full Flash TV show while he's still getting a movie.

Given there's so much ARGUS stuff going on (which necessitates Waller), I can't imagine it was an editorial mandate here. If characters aren't grandfathered in, I can't understand how Flash can still exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"