Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 8- "Crisis on Earth X, Part 2

So it's gonna be up to to the two love interests everyone hates to save the day.

So it's gonna be up to to the two love interests everyone hates to save the day.

...please don't. If that actually happened, I might die.

Otherwise, pretty good start to the crossover event. They definitely ramped up the action compared to last year where the Supergirl portion was primarily a Supergirl episode and the Flash next had some of the drama of everyone learning about the ramifications of Flashpoint.

But this one got Kara and Alex to Earth 1 pretty early to get everyone together with some pretty great fight scenes and character moments. Looking forward to the Flash portion next.

I preferred the 1st episode to the 2nd one, but so far, it's enjoyable enough. I certainly preferred this over the "Arrow" installment of the previous crossover. I think treating all the eps like one long movie was definitely the right way to go, and I hope it's the approach they continue to take in future crossovers.

I preferred the 1st episode to the 2nd one, but so far, it's enjoyable enough. I certainly preferred this over the "Arrow" installment of the previous crossover. I think treating all the eps like one long movie was definitely the right way to go, and I hope it's the approach they continue to take in future crossovers.

Well, last year WAS the 100th episode. If they were going to celebrate, it couldn't do that without having some crossover stuff, no matter how minimal with the Flash and Supergirl stuff taking on that meta. At least this year with the 100th out of the way, it can focus more on the greater story.

Well, last year WAS the 100th episode. If they were going to celebrate, it couldn't do that without having some crossover stuff, no matter how minimal with the Flash and Supergirl stuff taking on that meta. At least this year with the 100th out of the way, it can focus more on the greater story.
That was really unfortunate timing. But even taken as a standalone "special" Arrow episode, it was still poorly written/executed, imo. The writing especially in the non-hallucination scenes was extra cringe-y.

Seeing Felicity and Iris being the only ones free was BS, but I suppose they're going to call on the other back-up heroes who didn't appear on tonight's Part 1.

Melissa Benoist, Stephen Amell, and Tom Cavanagh are going to be the ones to standout because they're the only ones playing dual roles.

I did like that the heroes were captured and in danger because last year's crossover lacked that danger element.

I think after this, this is the ONLY way they can do the big crossover.

They could've attempted to move it back an episode. Pedowitz did say that he was contemplating moving this years crossover to January.

Maybe, but didn't. Besides, given that the Dominators were the trigger to the whole "Perchance to Dream" scenario on Arrow, how do you possibly go about pushing the celebration episode back when the villains who made that all happen were part of the crossover? Otherwise, would just be random some dream sequence episode in there, especially when there's no villain on Arrow capable of triggering that.

...please don't. If that actually happened, I might die.

Honestly, I'm worried about that as well especially since we are heading into the Flash portion of the crossover tomorrow and you know on how the Flash loves to portray Iris as the end all be all of superheroes.

Seeing Felicity and Iris being the only ones free was BS, but I suppose they're going to call on the other back-up heroes who didn't appear on tonight's Part 1.

Yeah when I saw that I was like oh no, those 2 will "save the day" because that's how these show roll

If the spoilers are true about this crossover ending with
a double wedding with West-Allen and Olicity then I feel like they really cheapen both couples and their special moments.

I don't know about anyone else but why would anyone want to get married at a wedding where another couple is getting married alongside you? It cheapens the moment that's supposed to be about you and your spouse.

It's Tumblr Fiction and MG's fetish come to life.

If the spoilers are true about this crossover ending with
a double wedding with West-Allen and Olicity then I feel like they really cheapen both couples and their special moments.

I don't know about anyone else but why would anyone want to get married at a wedding where another couple is getting married alongside you? It cheapens the moment that's supposed to be about you and your spouse.

It's Tumblr Fiction and MG's fetish come to life.
Romantics might see it as a nice Jane Austen-y opportunity.

I was not expecting Tommy Merlyn under the Prometheus mask and honestly I was speculating he would be last season instead of Adrian Chase. I thought Melissa Benoist was surprisingly good as her evil counterpart. I liked how Team Arrow was finally able to show up during the climax. Metallo showing up was another surprise. Great cliffhanger!

I'm glad this and Supergirl's part didn't feel like regular episodes as a movie with all the series is the right way to go.

I wonder if they're testing waters for either an Arrowverse feature film or a possible Crisis series in case one of the series gets cancelled.

I liked that they showed why Flash, Green Arrow, and Supergirl are the TV trinity.

I've said it before as I look forward as to how the Crisis crossover will affect the shows after this.

This is actually amazing. I feel the stakes are actually high, and the whole prometheus twist loved it.

Seeing Tommy again was cool.

Don't know where Oliver could've gotten Green K, but I guess it's trash since it doesn't seem to really do anything other than just be able to pierce skin.

Barry moving the workers right to the bottom of the buidling made me laugh.

The part where they had Oliver swing away from Star Labs made me laugh.

Metallo was random, but I guess he's the EX version. I can't even remember, but I'm pretty sure that's not how he looked on SG's show.

Of course Felicity got some BS reason for not wanting to marry Oliver. It's the CW.

I thought Killer Frost froze EX Oliver's hand off.

I'm not sure how any of the good guys are even alive other then SG.

Last edited:
ok so i just finished Crossover pt1:

- i'm not a shipper, but Alex and Sara? dayum! sign me up fo'dat :mnm: on screen chemistry 10/10! so what do we call them? Lancevers? Saralex? never have i ever been so regretting that Supergirl and gang are on another Earth.

- This is on Supergirl's time slot but this is pretty much a Flash ep. cant be helped i suppose since the WestAllen wedding is the biggest most overdue thing.

- i did LOVE that the Guardian opened the show. on Earth X he didnt feel useless. his shield reminded me of Capt America though. and no i didnt hate that i thought it was a good homage to Sam Wilson as Cap.

- sucks that KidFlash has been benched again. i hope they feature him tomorrow on Flash's real schedule because i was just as grumpy as Wally was.

- wouldve wanted #TeamArrow to feature longer before being dispatched so quickly. but yeah i know time constraints.

- hello Tommy! for some reason i shouldve seen that coming (given who his father is) but i didnt :woot:.

- where's Thea? you'd think she'd be included with the girls' day out yknow?

- who was the server girl talking to Barry at the church? was she in a previous ep (which one?) because i dont remember her. :thf:

i cant wait for part 2 :ilv:

Huh. Well, if there weren't any Oliver/Kara shippers before......there certainly are now.

First Alex/Sara, now Kara/Oliver

sign me up for Alex/Sara because hot dayum we just stumbled on a gold mine here :woot:

it got me giggling about Kara/Oliver kissing because i remember the bts stories from last crossovers that Stephen would make puppy-eyed looks at Melissa every chance he'd get on-camera or off :funny:

Barry moving the workers right to the bottom of the buidling made me laugh.
Seriously. The absolute worst place to take them.

Re-watching the eps now, and I have to say, despite James Bamford's background as a stunt coordinator, Larry Teng, who directed the 1st ep, is a much better action director, imo. I thought the wedding battle was so much better-executed than the big one here. There were so many wide shots here of people throwing punches and kicks that obviously weren't connecting, it was a bit annoying. And the sight of White Canary and Overgirl trading blows in the background was just silly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"