Arrowverse General Arrowverse 5.0 + The Live-Action DC Multiverse Recommended Viewing Order / Watch Order

Would you consider the following Animated titles to multiverse as well...

We're going to be making a separate animated Multiverse list, although some of the animated films do tie-into live-action, so there may be a little bit of a mix.

For example, they show Adam West's animated version of Batman from Return of the Caped Crusader in Teen Titans vs. Teen Titans Go!
This could mean that Teen Titans Go! is in the same multiverse as Batman '66.
Oddly enough, PowerPuff Girls are also in the Teen Titans Go! universe.
So Green Hornet and Powerpuff Girls share a multiverse, technically.

Stuff like this we need to figure out how to workaround but we're getting there.

Would you consider watchmen the Motion Comic, watchmen under the hood and tales of the black freighter to the timeline if so where would they fall also for the live Action Films if there is more than one cut of the films should I watch all the cut of the different movies or what if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated thanks

And what about the novels of smallville and graphic Novels of the arrowverse and it's novels and how 1. Batman Nightwalker, 2. wonder Woman warbringer, 3. Superman Dawnbreaker, 4. Catwoman Soulstealer and 5. Black canary Breaking Silence if you could let me know on that as well that would be greatly appreciated as well thanks

Would you consider adding the following webseries to the timeline and if so where would they fall in the timeline 1. Chasing lightning, 2. John con noir, 3. Year one, 4. DC'S Legends of Tomorrow Their Time is Now, 5. Constantine Th legend Continues, 6. Crisis aftermath and 7. Arrow hitting the bullseye

Would you consider watchmen the Motion Comic, watchmen under the hood and tales of the black freighter to the timeline if so where would they fall also for the live Action Films if there is more than one cut of the films should I watch all the cut of the different movies or what if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated thanks

Great question! We actually don't include motion comics in the timeline any longer and removed the ones we did have. Tales of the Black Freighter is a fictional comic book within the fictional world of Watchmen. It's definitely worth the watch and we may actually add it to the list.
We likely will be adding Under the Hood as it an in-universe documentary.

As far as different cuts of the movie, I would always watch the director's cut or extended cut.
The one exception to this would be Superman II as Superman 3 & 4 are sequels to the theatrical cut and not the Richard Donner cut.

And what about the novels of smallville and graphic Novels of the arrowverse and it's novels and how 1. Batman Nightwalker, 2. wonder Woman warbringer, 3. Superman Dawnbreaker, 4. Catwoman Soulstealer and 5. Black canary Breaking Silence if you could let me know on that as well that would be greatly appreciated as well thanks

We didn't include the novels or tie-in comics as this is a watch order, but I recommend THIS LIST as it does have the novels, games, tie-ins, comics, etc.

Would you consider adding the following webseries to the timeline and if so where would they fall in the timeline 1. Chasing lightning, 2. John con noir, 3. Year one, 4. DC'S Legends of Tomorrow Their Time is Now, 5. Constantine Th legend Continues, 6. Crisis aftermath and 7. Arrow hitting the bullseye

Anything involving the actors speaking as themselves shouldn't be included as canon, however, I haven't seen half of these so I'll definitely get back to you on that.

Thank you for the questions!

We've added:
Watchmen - Short - NBS Nightly News with Ted Philips, March 11th 1970
Watchmen - Short - The Keene Act & YOU (1977)
Watchmen - Short - Who Watches the Watchmen? - A Veidt Music Network (VMN) Special - 1983
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter - Documentary - Under The Hood

Watchmen - Short - World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter - Movie - Tales of the Black Freighter

Batman v Superman - Short - Fly to Gotham City with Turkish Airlines!
Batman v Superman - Short - Fly to Metropolis with Turkish Airlines!

Batman v Superman - Short - LexCorp's Lex/OS Announcement
Aquaman - Pilot - Aquaman
Wonder Woman - Pilot - Wonder Woman

Last edited:
Well if you include Watchmen the Motion Comic in the timeline would be best to place it just curious on that if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated thanks

We've broken up Batman: Gotham Knight and added The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight to the timeline.

Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - Have I Got A Story For You
Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - Crossfire

Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - Field Test
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E01 - Election Night
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E02 - Billionaire Without a Cause
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E03 - Escalation
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E04 - Top Cop

Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - In Darkness Dwells
Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - Working Through Pain
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E05 - Cops and Mobsters
Batman: Gotham Knight - Short - Deadshot
The Dark Knight: Gotham Tonight - S01E06 - Gotham's White Night

Supergirl Season 1 has been moved down the list, as well as Supergirl - S02E08 - Medusa and Arrow - S07E16 - Star City 2040.

Last edited:
I am really enjoying the timeline for the dc multiverse I am just curious have you ever considered do something like this for the marvel multiverse again just curious

So I'm just curious where abouts would the following fit in the timeline 1. Superboy, 2. Swamp Thing: The Series, 3. Both versions of Human Target, 4. iZombie, 5. Preacher and 6. The Adventures of Superboy

So I'm just curious where abouts would the following fit in the timeline 1. Superboy, 2. Swamp Thing: The Series, 3. Both versions of Human Target, 4. iZombie, 5. Preacher and 6. The Adventures of Superboy

We're going to be adding Preacher soon. As for the others, we have to get around to figuring out their chronological dates and then they'll be added. If you're in a big rush, I recommend just going by release-date for now until we get them added.
As for the Marvel question, one multiverse at a time. ;)

We're going to be adding Preacher soon. As for the others, we have to get around to figuring out their chronological dates and then they'll be added. If you're in a big rush, I recommend just going by release-date for now until we get them added.
As for the Marvel question, one multiverse at a time. ;)
Ok was just curious

Batwoman - S01E17 to S01E20 have been moved down the list.
Batwoman - S02E01 has been added to Year: 8.

We've also added the Pennyworth - S02E01 to S02E04 to the timeline.

Last edited:
Would you consider adding constantine John Noir Webisode to the timeline just curious

Would you consider the following to the timeline the green hornet 1940 Serials the green hornet and the green hornet strikes again and the green hornet 2011 film starring seth Rogen again just curious on those as well same goes with the 2006 green hornet short Film same goes with any other dc serials out there

hey i've seen that there's the arrowverse timeline and the fox animated timeline... will you ever make a timeline of the dc animated universe that consists on batman: the animated series, superman: the animated series, justice league, justice league unlimited, static shock, the zeta project, batman beyond and a couple of movies?

hey i've seen that there's the arrowverse timeline and the fox animated timeline... will you ever make a timeline of the dc animated universe that consists on batman: the animated series, superman: the animated series, justice league, justice league unlimited, static shock, the zeta project, batman beyond and a couple of movies?

We actually have a DC Animated Universe list completed, but we're just confirming dates on a lot of it right now. Batman: The animated series is actually the hardest to place. Hopefully, in the very near future, we'll get it posted.
We're also still trying to get this current DC Univere completed lol

Would you consider the following to the timeline the green hornet 1940 Serials the green hornet and the green hornet strikes again and the green hornet 2011 film starring seth Rogen again just curious on those as well same goes with the 2006 green hornet short Film same goes with any other dc serials out there

The only reason the Green Hornet TV show is on this list is that it takes place on Earth-66, along with Batman. Other than that, Green Hornet media isn't related to the DC Universe (although we can assume these other Green Hornets DO exist on other earths).

We actually have a DC Animated Universe list completed, but we're just confirming dates on a lot of it right now. Batman: The animated series is actually the hardest to place. Hopefully, in the very near future, we'll get it posted.
We're also still trying to get this current DC Univere completed lol

i'll be looking forward to it :)

Would you consider the documentary Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics part of the multiverse timeline or what if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated thanks

Black Lightning - S03E13 to S03E16 as well as Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) has been moved down the list.

Would you consider the documentary Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics part of the multiverse timeline or what if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated thanks

We only include in-world documentaries.

Is Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics an in world documentary or what just curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"