Art by KER1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KER1

Civilian
Reaction score
I did this after my Silver Surfer piece since the movie is comin' out . . .
Whenever I do an illustration of the Thing it's always a great experience, since he has so much texture and personality . . . I've done versions of him in Photoshop and with markers, and recently I'd gotten into colored pencils . . . so this time I decided to merge two of my worlds and did this version of him in my graffiti style with colored pencils and 1 marker to outline him . . . the colored pencils and Canson paper were perfect for his rocky hide . . . I had a blast!

thing.jpg

Check me out at http://www.wiseapple.biz

absolutely beautiful! so spot on! again, you have a great ability to convey personality.

TeotihuacÃn is an Aztec site of great importance not far from Mexico City. The Aztecs believed the gods created the universe here, and began construction on the magnificent temple complex around 100 BC. . . . Today many tourists frequent this amazing site but recently there have been many reports of tourists mysteriously vanishing, local authorities have had no luck in figuring out the strange goings on, so the matter had been turned over to The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.

Of course The Bureau just assumed that tourists were wandering off and getting lost in some of the Labrynthine tunnels at TeotihuacÃn, but just to be safe they sent Hellboy to check things out . . . . .

Artist's note: I figured since Hellboy is always off somewhere investigating some craziness in any part of the world, the Aliens in the Aztec pyramids would tie in nicely. . . . I also figured "who would be better to deal with the acid blood when he blasts them in the face with his piece than Hellboy?"

3-2.jpg

brilliant! aliens vs hellboy... perfect!!!

Amazing! Perfect idea and SO well done! Great talent!

Woah! That is ... incredible.

I really really like it.

WOW! Thanx so much to all for your great comments!
I've actually been thinking about submitting a script based on this idea to either Darkhorse or Mike Mignola.

WOW! Thanx so much to all for your great comments!
I've actually been thinking about submitting a script based on this idea to either Darkhorse or Mike Mignola.

got nothing to lose, man, you should do it! does dark horse still own the rights to the aliens stuff?

Thanx so much bro! . . . as far as Darkhorse goes I would think they still have the license for Aliens, they've been pretty successful with it so far so i would think they do.

:wow: dude that is amazing work! :up: :up: :woot:

wow...that's bloody brilliant. i loooooove the shading!!! major kudos!

Wicked! Very nice pencil work, and a great take on Hellboy!

Definitely send that off to Darkhorse AND Mignola. What can it hurt, except your hopes and expectations if they ignore it?

Awesome work!

That is some of the best art I have ever seen! To add to that, you also have a solid idea which I think could be published if you tell Mignola and Dark Horse like Shampoo! said above. Go for it!

Thanx so much fellaz, I really appreciate your thoughts on this piece as well as the thoughts on my idea for a script!!! I'm definitely gonna work this up!

Well one of my favorite books has GOT to be Watchmen of course . . . great story! And so of course I wanted to include one or more of the characters in the colored pencil series. . . . . Rorschach seemed to just pop out at me first. . . one of my favorite quotes of his is when they lock him up in jail and one of the prisoners shouts to him "Now you're locked in here with us" and Rorschach replies. . . ."I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME". . . . Great stuff!

Anyways I did away with that silly looking purple scarf and of course his coat is "clean" . . . let's just say this is BEFORE he killed the dog shall we? . . . .

MORE STUFF AT: http://www.wiseapple.biz

MEDIUM: Prismacolor colored pencils on Canson Pastel paper

ror.jpg

Awesome, love your website...

Great Stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"