Art by KER1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Rorschac is awesome! Maybe the best pic I've seen of him yet. Keep up the good work!

Many thanks to all of you for all the kinds words!! There's more to come!

Thanx bro much appreciated!

Thanx so much!!!:woot:

the art is great...
but maybe consider consolidating your art into one thread--"KER1's art thread" or something...so you don't flood the forum...

If it's art like this flood away!

Of course it would make it easier for me to look at all your stuff if it was combined:D

cool and i dont even like hellboy

That is the movie costume right there

love the space ghost and joker off your site best:up:

Thanx bro, glad ya like and thanx for stoppin' by!

Don't like HELLBOY!? What are you some kind of COMMIE!!? HEEHEEHEE!
Thanx for checkin' my stuff out fellaz!

I think when art is in one thread it kind of gets lost, or people might not look 'cause it might be the same art . . .i like this way better, thanx for stoppin' by!

I think when art is in one thread it kind of gets lost, or people might not look 'cause it might be the same art . . .i like this way better, thanx for stoppin' by!

yeah, but you are flooding the forum.
if people want to see your art they will click your art thread. there is no advantage to doing it this way, especially if you post frequently.

Great work, love the shading. :up:

TeotihuacÃn is an Aztec site of great importance not far from Mexico City. The Aztecs believed the gods created the universe here, and began construction on the magnificent temple complex around 100 BC. . . . Today many tourists frequent this amazing site but recently there have been many reports of tourists mysteriously vanishing, local authorities have had no luck in figuring out the strange goings on, so the matter had been turned over to The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.

Of course The Bureau just assumed that tourists were wandering off and getting lost in some of the Labrynthine tunnels at TeotihuacÃn, but just to be safe they sent Hellboy to check things out . . . . .

Artist's note: I figured since Hellboy is always off somewhere investigating some craziness in any part of the world, the Aliens in the Aztec pyramids would tie in nicely. . . . I also figured "who would be better to deal with the acid blood when he blasts them in the face with his piece than Hellboy?"

3-2.jpg

:wow: Nice!

Thanx so much for the kind words peoples!

:whatever:
dude, go look at my first post. i said your art is good. it has NOTHING to do with my "security as an artist."

every forum has its own ways--i saw your post on penciljack, and on that site it's customary to do things the way you are doing them here: put 1 piece of art up per topic for critique.

i'm just saying that on this site, pretty much everybody who posts art puts up a topic for all of their art. i don't see the point of going against the grain for no good reason.

i'm not trying to start a fight here, dude. i'm just saying that, if you get to posting more art, it would be wise to make one topic for all of your art. chill out.

Wow, I think y'all, and with that, I mean pretty much everybody who has posted something on this here thread, need to relax a little bit. Let's look a few things shall we. First off yes, it doesn't seem to benefit everyone who visits this forum to post multiple threads as it can lead to, as a few of you have put it, a flooding of the forum, second of all, KER here has only done 4 threads in total. That's right, I counted them. Four. That's it. Maybe that's a lot for someone who hasn't been on the forum a long time, but in the grand scheme of things, four is hardly flooding the forum, not by a long shot. And out of everyone that's had something to say here, RAMORE, all the way towards the top, made two very valid statements. A)"If it's art like this flood away!" If you like someone's work, who cares if they post a bunch of threads? If it looks like they are abusing the situation, let the moderator do there job. If you're worried your own thread is going to disappear beneath an avalanch of one person's threads, don't help them keep their's at the top all the time by posting complaints constantly about number of threads or pointing out attitude problems, post notes or pictures or WIP's on your own. B)"Of course it would make it easier for me to look at all your stuff if it was combined :)" That's the best reason for someone with talent like yourself KER to post everything in one forum. I don't like having to hunt around for other threads, and sometimes I miss a link at the bottom of a reply telling me where to find other art, or maybe I don't want to leave the sight or open another window. It's nice to just be able to scroll between pages and see all the work someone has done. Bottom line people, and yes, I realize this will sound very condescending, if you don't like what someone is doing, and they won't stop or they defend their actions, don't argue with them, it's a waste of time, instead, go crying to the moderator, state your complaint, and leave it be. And KER, make it easier on everyone, combine everything into 1 or 2 threads. It means the, as you put it, rather *disdainfully I might add, "little "teacher's pets" of the world or the "insecure artists"" will leave you well enough alone and will post only comments and critiques about your art. Bottom line folks, err, okay, 2nd bottom line, stop whining about how many threads are up or what kind of attitude adjustment KER needs, he won't listen, and frankly, nobody wants to hear it, and KER, try to refrain from opening any more threads, unless you plan on combining everything into one, unless you are prepared to get your @$$ reamed and waste a bunch of everyone's time, by defending yourself. Now, can we get a group hug, or at least shake hands and let bygones be bygones?

p.s. We need more Thing art. Maybe you could turn this into a forum for other's to post their artwork of the Thing. Food for though.

thank you thesaurus.com

Well I don't know about you, but when someone tells me my "attitude sucks" then you pretty much opened yourself up to "my attitude" when you don't mind your business? You pretty much opened yourself up to attitude . . . and I'll say it again if I have NOT gone against any posting rules I don't see how it's anybody's business how I do my thing, including you Syncos so get to the business of postin' your OWN stuff and stop worrying about lil ol' me. But hey thanx for stoppin' by! . . .

And Hal THANK you for making a lot of very good points and makin' some kinda sense . . . by the way I don't mind mixin' it up, bein' from the Bronx this little exchange with the cry babies was nothing, it was actually kinda fun . . . ;)

And thanx to all of you who came by just to check out someone's work and enjoy the art form, it's much appreciated!

K1 sorry to hear we're from the same place.

Just Kidding.

Where in the Bronx are you from?

Pelham myself.

I dig your art but you really should let up with the aggression. It will only result in more fans.

And Hal I agree with allot of what you said but (and there is always a but),
You should also consider that many other artist work equally hard to have their art seen on the hype.

To have the board hijacked by multiple posts for single works by a single artist disrupts the flow of the boards.

If in response each artist created a post for each of their works the boards would be a mess.

I'm from the Fordham section of the Bronx near Jerome Ave.

And as I said aggression will ONLY surface when someone puts me in that mode, the minute you try and tell me about my attitude or this or that . . . it's on, simple as that.

Now I appreciate that you dig my art and hey EVERYone works hard to be seen, no one is telling you you CAN'T post mutiple threads, by all means please do, it doesn't bother me what someone else is doin' on any of these sites is all I'm sayin', and I'm not threatened by it either.
It's none of my business . . .

Thanx bro, much appreciated . . it's a great medium for me personally, I like bein' able to use the paper as another color in the design.

I totally agree with you KAD. I am one of you fellow people who like to have my art seen, and only having one thread myself, I know all to well what it's like to have my thread disappear into the depths of this forum with all the other people posting their work as well. I also understand it's partially (ok, mostly) my fault for not posting more work on them, or *bump*ing them like I've seen other's do. And that's okay by me, again, a good portion of whether or not my art is seen by anyone depends on my willingness to do what needs to be done. So when someone like KER here comes along and opens a few threads, I think of it as an opportunity, or challenge if you will, to get off my lazy butt and get crackin' on some of my own work. Of course that doesn't mean I will, but I like the challenge none-the-less.

Anyways, everybody out there, keep up the awesome work, it's good to see people out there with talent putting it to use, and for god's sake people, stop bickering (not just on this thread, any thread), cuz every time someone starts up an argument on a thread, a puppy dies. Or is it a kitten. Maybe it's a homeless person, I don't know.

Nice art. Get a thread to put it all in. Simple enough. :D

Well if this is such a forum for people to have fun then the few tight asses out there should mind their biz and just allow the fun to happen without trying to POLICE what others do, got a critique? Like my art? kooL.

As far as this nonsense goes, I'm an individual who wants to do things much like anyone else their OWN way . . . So if there are a FEW people who feel I should fall in line and do as THEY do, later for that.

This kind of stuff puts me in mind of small communities with homes and one new neighbor moves in and doesn't happen to trim his hedges the same as everyone else or put out the right kind of welcome mat and somehow HE'S the "problem".

There are tons of outrageous stuff out there to get your panties in a twist about, such as the ozone layer, this rediculous war in Iraq, Rainforests being destroyed, Animal and child abuse, how about channel your energies to THOSE causes instead of worrying about how many threads I've started, hmmmm?

You don't know me to even form an opinion or to tell me how I should do things, So of course YOU don't agree with how I do things or that I stand up for what I believe and it's a "HORRID DISPOSITION" so again like the other 2 who got all the answers, your opinion PLUS 50 cents will get ya a cup of coffee, MAYbe a bag of Doritos, but it wont make me lose sleep at night.

Do things the way YOU want and I''ll do things the way I want and all will be good . . . . If I'm not going against the rules of the site why even waste your breath?

Put all your pics in this one thread.

Cripes - what the hell happened in here?
Its freaking SUNDAY - I take one day to play with the kids and you guys just can't keep it in your pants...

Heres the thing, if we all posted a new thread for each and every NEW piece of art there would be tons of threads... and frankly that ain't how we do it here.

I encourage every artist to try and post their own work in ONE thread - this way for those of us who have favorites we can drop in, sure you have to sift thru the thread, and sometimes that is fun but remember there is a LAST PAGE button - you can always hit that and see the latest.

Statements like this crack me up...
See when I click on someone's thread I just wanna see the artwork pop up and that's it, don't really wanna scroll and scroll and scroll to see more work.
You ruined your own thread by fighting when you could have been posting ART - Morg had to delete a butt-load of posts because you guys were fighting rather than posting art...

Thanx for the props Spandex . . . and I don't really think I ruined it, I had a blast rufflin' the feathers, heehee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"