Asking someone to marry you

Ahura Mazda

Avenger
Reaction score
Ao does anyone have any interesting and feasible ideas on how to ask a girl to marry them.

I am looking for romantic ideas with a zest of originality. I certainly will not ask her in front of a large crowd.

In addition, it is likely I will ask her around end of May/June (waiting for the ring to be ready).

By the way, if the mods want to merge this with the relationship thread I have absolutely no objection but I thought this is not really a question about my relationship and therefore did not belong in there.

I don't know. Most of he time these scenarios happen in my Sims 2 game and they are 100% successful.

I am asking to se if anyone has an interesting idea because all I can think of is taking her to a beautiful hotel and asking her during dinner on a beautiful private terrace.

Hmmm...that is nice and romantic, but alot of people do that though. Just thinking...if a guy were to ask me to marry him (Yeah, right!) what would I want him to do? *thinking*

Have friends dress up like ninjas, and then fight them off when they try to steal the ring.

Ummm she would not be too into that but thanks for the idea.

asking someone to marry you can be a very special personal thing.

It's helpful to know what types of things she likes. Does she like the beach? Does she like thrilling things like skydiving etc?

I mean, you can custom tailor something to her by knowing some of her favorite things.

Ao does anyone have any interesting and feasible ideas on how to ask a girl to marry them.

I am looking for romantic ideas with a zest of originality. I certainly will not ask her in front of a large crowd.

In addition, it is likely I will ask her around end of May/June (waiting for the ring to be ready).

By the way, if the mods want to merge this with the relationship thread I have absolutely no objection but I thought this is not really a question about my relationship and therefore did not belong in there.

Good, people who do that are jackasses.

Here's a viewpoint to consider. Just the proposing makes the day more special than it would be. You really want to surprise her, don't do anything out of the ordinary that might raise suspicion, just let her believe it'll be just like any other day.

get yourself locked out of the house, knock on the window, then knock on the door and get down on your knee as she opens the door.

I agree with Logan's Lady. It has to be personal. My wife liked to feel pampered and special. I picked her up in a Limo one day we were supposed to go to dinner. Took her out and asked her in the restaurant. It has to be unexpected and personal to HER. Not something you like, something SHE likes.

Ahura... does she like the beach?

do you live anywhere NEAR a beach?

You know, I'd actually love it if I ever meet a guy I totally click with, that he'd propose to me at a Tokyo Karaoke bar up on stage before all those strangers after singing a song or something.

That is an interesting idea but I do not want her to get more attached to this appartment then she already is.

The "not out of the ordinary" is kind of what I was going for with the nice hotel given I have taken her quite a few times to different top hotels for weekend breaks or mini vacations. Of course, the private terrace and the suite is not something I do commonly.

Given she loves nature and animals, I do not have much to work with unless I can train cats to spell out will you marry me which is beyond what I deem feasible. And a trip to a forest would be very strange for me to propose as I am not that into camping anymore (did it when I was young as a boy scout).

The hotel I was thinking is on the shores of lake Como in Italy, but I agree that it is not too original.

Ahura... does she like the beach?

do you live anywhere NEAR a beach?

Not really and to be honest we have never gone to the beach for the two years we have been dating unless you call going to the lakeside a beach.

She does not like swimming in the sea for some reason.

That is an interesting idea but I do not want her to get more attached to this appartment then she already is.

The "not out of the ordinary" is kind of what I was going for with the nice hotel given I have taken her quite a few times to different top hotels for weekend breaks or mini vacations. Of course, the private terrace and the suite is not something I do commonly.

Given she loves nature and animals, I do not have much to work with unless I can train cats to spell out will you marry me which is beyond what I deem feasible. And a trip to a forest would be very strange for me to propose as I am not that into camping anymore (did it when I was young as a boy scout).

The hotel I was thinking is on the shores of lake Como in Italy, but I agree that it is not too original.

She likes animals?
how about butterflies?
I wonder if there's a butterfly garden somewhere near there. The butterflies are all coming out and how amazing would it be to propose to her with beautiful butterflies everywhere? awwwwwww :heart:

She likes animals?
how about butterflies?
I wonder if there's a butterfly garden somewhere near there. The butterflies are all coming out and how amazing would it be to propose to her with beautiful butterflies everywhere? awwwwwww :heart:

That is an interesting idea but the butterfly gardens I can see tend to be over 4 hours flight and she does not like flying. I am trying to keep flights around an hour which she does not mind.

She also loves birds but only when they are wild.

maybe a zoo or a gardens or something like that......

Looks like there's a zoo IN Como.

Last edited:
She did say she wanted to go to a zoo but I don't see myself getting down on bended knee in a public zoo where animals are in cages. The other idea was a safari in South Africa but she does not want to do that this year.

Another question for the ladies, would you prefer staying in the top suite of a hotel for one night or staying in a junior suite for the weekend? The cost of the top suite for one night is more then the cost of two nights in the junior suite (which is just a large room).

Good man. I was on a date once at a hockey game, and a dude proposed to his girl on the jumbo tron during a fan contest. My date said if a guy ever proposed to her like that, she'd punch his lights out.

How about going to a garden or park?

Good man. I was on a date once at a hockey game, and a dude proposed to his girl on the jumbo tron during a fan contest. My date said if a guy ever proposed to her like that, she'd punch his lights out.
Well some girls love hockey... that could have been the girls dream proposal :huh:

yes that's what I thought. Maybe a japanese gardens or something... sitting down next to a koi pond and proposing?

I was looking at the shores of lake como where there are famous gardens.

But I was thinking more to ask her in the room on the terrace, rather then in the garden but that could be an idea.

I think it'd be a lot more memorable to do it in a garden/park than in a hotel room, particularly if she likes nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"