Ten Questions to ask a woman before you propose to her (courtesy of Deadspin)

Aren't you the guy that said non-believers are miserable people because all the non-believers you know are miserable?

So... what's up with that?

Wow, before yesterday, I hadn't been in that thread in months, since its essentially a flamewar thread. It seems somebody's missed me. :awesome:

Look, I'll try not to offend anyone here personally or by name, but I do have a right to provide research, present arguments (as do others here) that might upset people due to their conclusions. No, I didn't say nonbelievers are miserable people. I said they are less likely to be happy than believers, which loads of statistical research confirms (I remember posting three posts of information which posters despearately tried to ignore). I then added that my personal experience confirms this, as I had different friends from huge cross section of the college I attended. I'm not pretending my personal anecdote is research, but it is much more random than what that article Sarge linked. That article doesn't directly compare cohabitants to noncohabitants....its holds a certain given variable constant.

It says P( cohabitant stay married| one cohabitant ever) >= P(non cohabitant married), which is not the same as P(cohabitants stay married) > P(noncohabitant stay married).

The article is full of opinion polls and then the researcher gives her personal opinion on lifestyle trends and such, that its creates highly misleading and subjective conclusions. Researchers are free to do that, but you need to be careful to understand what they are saying.

Aren't you the guy that said non-believers are miserable people because all the non-believers you know are miserable?

So... what's up with that?

[YT]OLY-FLnkNoc[/YT]

It seems somebody's missed me.
No. I'm just trying to introduce you to my friend kettle. Especially because you involving yourself with ****** people doesn't make some ******** study true. :awesome:

:awesome:

[/derail]

Gilpesh! How can you be so cool at a time like this?

No. I'm just trying to introduce you to my friend kettle. Especially because you involving yourself with ****** people doesn't make some ******** study true. :awesome:

:awesome:

[/derail]

uhmm..wow, take a cold glass a water and relax a little bit. All I said was that my experience seems to math (not replace) objective, repeated, statistical research on the topic. That argument was several months ago, let it go, I have no beef with you, ok. Peace.

All of these questions... if asked tactfully and in the right situation...

will still probably get you a crotch punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"