ASM 2 V MoS 2 (No pictures or spoilers)

spider-neil

spins a web any size!
Reaction score
Which of the two do you think will deliver the better sequel?
Please post no pictures or info as I want to go into the movie as fresh as possible :yay:

Though I didn't like The Amazing Spider-Man just like Man of Steel, I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be better simply because the director has a better track record and TASM is a better movie than Man of Steel.

Man of Steel didn't even a fresh rating in RT and TASM got more than 70%. That already says a lot.

MOS 2 for me :yay:
TASM lacked the energy as it was a rush reboot and doesn't even stands to the level of MOS .

Really difficult to call. I really really loved the characters in ASM but MoS was much more epic in feel so it's hard to tell which movie is going to go to the next level. I will say that there is far more scope for escalation in ASM compared to MoS, not much more to do after you destroy a city.

Tough question, I'm leaning just towards MoS as it was better than TASM but I have a feeling TASM2 will be a marked improvement on its first outing and both at least showed potential.

Really tricky question I like it!

Definitely a tricky question. I will also add that ASM felt hampered and restricted with the origin where as MoS embrace the origin (well, the Krypton part of it at least). Will be interesting to see what the creative team of ASM can do going in a fresh direction.

ASM 2. I trust Webb much more than Snyder and his lead character is a better actor and has much better chemistry with his leading lady.

Both ASM and MOS were very similar in quality. I'd personally give both films 6/10, but if either of these sequels don't improve I might leave the franchise.

I'd say ASM has a better chance of improving, just because Garfield and Stone are so great together and carry amazing chemistry.

Well TASM has 81% user rating and 81% Top critics. I loved TASM but liked MOS. We know know little about MOS2 but TASM2 looks to be improving on it from villains to costume. I'll go with TASM2

It will be interesting look back on this thread three years from now and see who was closer to the mark. Right now all I can say is that Dane Dehaan as Harry and Spider-man's costume for the sequel = winners.

It will be interesting look back on this thread three years from now and see who was closer to the mark. Right now all I can say is that Dane Dehaan as Harry and Spider-man's costume for the sequel = winners.

This I like:up:

I loved both TASM and MoS, but if no co-writer or rewrite is announced for MoS2, then I think TASM2 will likely be better. I don't believe in Goyer by himself, while I'm much more confident in TASM2's creative team. I believe Snyder/Goyer alone are capable of delivering a solid sequel, but Webb & Co. are capable of delivering a great one. Doesn't mean they will, I just think they've got more potential.

Still, crossing my fingers for another writer to jump on board for MoS2 and hoping for the best for both. The casting on both franchises right now is all-around fantastic, imo - near-perfectly-cast ensembles who deserve to be in great movies about these characters, and they've both got sufficiently talented directors who could make that happen. The screenplays are the big question marks for me.

Last edited:
No contest at all MOS2 for me. the difference in the enjoyment I got form the two films was a huge difference. MOS was the Superman live action movie I've been waiting for literally for over 3 decades and Amazing was for me not quite as good as the Rami Spider_Man.

Both were somewhat disappointing to me.I may give TASM the edge only because I've seen some the photos/storyline stuff that's been leaked.

If MOS 2 gets their stuff together,it shouldn't have trouble blowing TASM 2 out of the water,though.

Is this seriously a thread? Lol.

But, I'll bite...

For TAS-M 2, I want to see another Spider-Man film that I can enjoy. The last time was '04 when that happened.

For a sequel to Man of Steel(which I hope is titled Last Son of Krypton), I just want a sequel that I can enjoy as much as the first one :up:

MOS of course.

ASM was Twilight with web shooters...And the sequel looks no better.

MoS2 will be the better of the two, cannot give reasons due to the whole 'no spoilers/speculation' stuff.

I have no clue. How could any of us?

I really liked both though, and expect both sequels to be good.

When I left The Amazing Spider-Man, I left wanting to see more, fanboying like crazy, thinking of what could possibly come next, so excited in the aftermath I could barely stand still. When I saw Man of Steel, I sat in a chair, confused and slightly annoyed at a film I could not decide whether I liked or hated.

I am interested in MoS2 only because it'll bring me one step closer to World's Finest or Wonder Woman. I'm excited about TASM2 because I want to see more Spider-Man. TASM2 wins by a landslide for me.

However, I've been surprised before.

MOS of course.

ASM was Twilight with web shooters...And the sequel looks no better.

I dont totally agree with this but it made me:lmao:

Wonder if they will use that as a tagline for the sequal??:woot:

Though I didn't like The Amazing Spider-Man just like Man of Steel, I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be better simply because the director has a better track record and TASM is a better movie than Man of Steel.

Man of Steel didn't even a fresh rating in RT and TASM got more than 70%. That already says a lot.

Superman Returns has a better RT rating than TASM and MOS. Not to mention Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.

That says nothing.

I love both the first films with MOS been my favourite due to my Superman bias but right now I can't say I'm overly excited for either sequel. Cause we haven't seen footage from either yet (I'm avoiding ASM2 spoilers, pics etc) and I'm waiting on an official MOS 2 announcement. I guess when something concrete happens ill be more excited for MOS 2 of course but I'm super psyched for ASM 2 so I'm gonna all it a tie.

MOS didn't capture the magic of Superman the Movie. Everything felt forced and fell flat.

ASM was my favorite Spider-man movie by far. It fixed most of my complaints with the Raimi films.

ASM2 looks to take the best Raimi and Webb had to offer and combine them. I expect good to great things where I couldn't care less about MOS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"