ASM #600! 104 Pages! No reprints! No ads! Now... with CAKE!

Dan_Slott

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey!

Quick heads up for Spidey-fans in the NYC area...
I'll be doing a signing for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #600 at Jim Hanley's Universe:
4 West 33rd St., New York
(opposite The Empire State Building)
(212) 268-7088

The signing starts Weds. night, July 22nd, 6:00 pm... and there'll be CAKE!
(For all you fans of Portal, "the cake is not a lie". No kidding. As long as it lasts, there will be cake.)

So please, if you're in the friendly neighborhood, drop by and say "Hi!".

ASM #600:
104 Pages! No reprints! No ads!
You get a 61 page lead story by myself, John Romita Jr., Klaus Janson, and Dean White
A 12 page story by Stan "The Man" Lee and Marcos Martin
All-new short stories by:
Kelly and Fiumara
Waid and Doran
Guggenheim and Breitwesier
Gale and Alberti
Wells and Donovan

Plus special one-page features by:
Brubaker, Loeb, Bendis, Fraction, McKone, and Janson

Added bonus: Each issue contains actual blood, sweat, and tears from Steve Wacker & Tom Brennan-- the hardest-working editorial team in the UNIVERSE

And, of course, a gorgeous cover by John Romita Jr. --with alternate covers by Alex Ross, Joe Quesada, and the legendary John Romita Sr.!

That's close to a TPB's worth of material for $4.99!

And, if you're in NYC... CAKE!

Howza'bout some Fluff Nutter Samiches... :up:

:o

Awesome, Dan! Sadly, I don't live in NYC, but I hope everyone there has a great time. :spidey::up:

Also, hope the cake is good!

Boy I love cake!!!

And i love blackberry pie even more!!!!!

Best of luck with it, Dan :up:

Lucky New York, getting cake :mad:.

Maybe when something Fraction writes hits #600...

Cool, Dan! I'll buy one of every different cover!!!

I'm picking up 2 copies, here in FL. but I'll be missing the cake. DAMMIT!

Now, don't you think you should come to the Emerald City Comic-Con, so I can get one signed??? 2010 is a long time away...and, you can make your travel plans NOW!!!

I live in NYC. I wasn't planning on buying ASM #600 (although I do have #500), but if I can manage to stop by, I likely will. Schedule permitting, of course. Jim Hanley's is about an hour's subway ride for me.

I haven't read a centennial issue of Spider-Man that I didn't like (EXCEPT issue 500), so I already know (read: hope) that 600 will match, nay, surpass my expectations.

Yeah, #500 was kind of underwhelming, wasnt bad but wasnt too good either. Plus that whole "future" storyline plot thread never went anywhere. I've read 300 and 400 and both are equally classics, lets hope Slott can up the ante.

ASM #200 has been by far... THE BEST Spidey Centennial...

I can only hope ASM #600 is as good as that one...

:yay:

200 was the one where the burgular came back right? I GOTTA read that one.

Yes, ASM #200 was the story with the Burglar. Still one of my favorite stories.

ASM #300, of course, brought us Venom.

And I think ASM #400 was the death of Aunt May, who turned out to be an actress. Way to go, Mackie!

Well, I got all three covers of Hulk #600 and all three covers of Spider-Man #600. My comic shop is so cool...I tell them I'll buy every variant cover they get, along with the regular issues...this way, they don't charge me over the cover price, and I get them a bit more money.

I read Hulk just now...The main story pretty much tells us who Rulk is, if anyone didn't know. Much better issue than probably all the other Rulk issues I've read. Still, it was disappointing they filled the issue with a reprint of Hulk Grey and a bunch of covers of upcoming issues.

I'm now off to read Spidey! I have a feeling it will blow Hulk out of the water.

I came in here to see if Dread did a 3-paragraph review of the cake......seriously.

I read Hulk just now...The main story pretty much tells us who Rulk is, if anyone didn't know. Much better issue than probably all the other Rulk issues I've read. Still, it was disappointing they filled the issue with a reprint of Hulk Grey and a bunch of covers of upcoming issues.

Wait, it does? I keep hearing that it doesn't and that was one of the big problems people around here had with the issue? Who did it end up being?

I was just curious, mostly because there was a lot of belly-aching about how it didn't and everybody was expecting it to in The Incredible Hulk thread. But I don't want Loeb win so nevermind:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"