Comics Amazing Spider-Man #600 discussion thread

ASM cost me 2.99 this month (it looks like you're assuming it's 3.99, maybe it will be soon, I don't know)

3X 2.99 = $9 a month (very close to your twice a month 3.99 cost of $8)

Subscribe to the title through Marvel (I do), and get it for almost 50% off ($4.50 a month, striking distance to your goal of 3-4 bucks a month) :)

Aloha,
How many times have we told people that Marvel has the BEST price for Spidey through subscription?
Spidey rules

Yeah... I did notice the strecthed look to JJJ's moustache... I just chalked it off to JrJr's artistic creativity... :woot:

Hey... great minds think alike... we have thecentennial issues in the same order... I even posted that list a few pages back... or maybe it was in another thread...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:csad:

I just wanna clarify my "self contained" statements. I'm not against subplots continuing after the milestone issues.

I just think the big issues should be like sex. You can have things build up to it, but when it happens, you will be totally satisfied, but of course, you'll want it to do it again.

This issue, with the mary jane cliffhanger, just felt like getting a *******, but being left with blue balls. It felt good, but I wantes to finish

I just think the big issues should be like ***. You can have things build up to it, but when it happens, you will be totally satisfied, but of course, you'll want it to do it again.

This issue, with the mary jane cliffhanger, just felt like getting a ****, but being left with ****. It felt good, but I wantes to finish

:huh:............:woot::up:

I just wanna clarify my "self contained" statements. I'm not against subplots continuing after the milestone issues.

I just think the big issues should be like sex. You can have things build up to it, but when it happens, you will be totally satisfied, but of course, you'll want it to do it again.

This issue, with the mary jane cliffhanger, just felt like getting a *******, but being left with blue balls. It felt good, but I wantes to finish

I approve this post... :up:

:woot:

Well, you are going to have to just go and take care of that yourself. :o

You know what just occurred to me?

Where the hell was John Jameson in this issue?

You would think that, considering how his dad is the mayor of New York and that his grandfather was getting remarried that he'd at least been in attendance to the wedding. But nope, he's a no-show. And considering how Dan Slott used his character to be She-Hulk's love interest when he was writing that series, its even more odd.

Speaking of 600 issues. Has anyone else read Hulk 600?
It was laaaaaame. Nothing special happened. It was really boring.

ASM was 10x better.
Ed mcguiness draws an EXCELLENT Spidey and Peter Parker though.
The books art was flawless.

I'd really like to see him on ASM one day.

Yeah Hulk 600 was absolute donkey doo-doo. But Mcguiness does draw a great Peter Parker/ Spider-man. Plus i gotta dmit, Spidey's "watchmen" joke was awesome but besides that the issue made zero sense. I have no idea what Loeb's doing to that series.

Speaking of 600 issues. Has anyone else read Hulk 600?
It was laaaaaame. Nothing special happened. It was really boring.

ASM was 10x better.
Ed mcguiness draws an EXCELLENT Spidey and Peter Parker though.
The books art was flawless.

I'd really like to see him on ASM one day.

lol. It could be worse. We could have Jeph Loeb on Spidey. Did he ever even resolve that "who is the red hulk?" mess? That seems to have gone on longer than the clone saga! :oldrazz: Greg Pak was on a roll. It's a shame they replaced him with Loebotomy (and then punted Pak to a character no one cares about)

But I wanted Dan Slott to do it.

Wait....that came out wrong didn't it?

Yes.....yes it did. :csad:

Yeah Hulk 600 was absolute donkey doo-doo. But Mcguiness does draw a great Peter Parker/ Spider-man. Plus i gotta dmit, Spidey's "watchmen" joke was awesome but besides that the issue made zero sense. I have no idea what Loeb's doing to that series.

LOL sooooo true. :yay:
Not only did nothing happen.
The HULK took a HUGE back seat in his own 600 issue.
Hulk was in way less panels than Spidey was.

If you've been following the "who is red hulk" storyline.
It's really sad when you realize that this issue only continues to string it along. I know I've complained about the one more day plots. But jeez at least they told another story in ASM 600, instead of just shoving the facts that we don't know in our faces. :csad:

lol. It could be worse. We could have Jeph Loeb on Spidey. Did he ever even resolve that "who is the red hulk?" mess? That seems to have gone on longer than the clone saga! :oldrazz: Greg Pak was on a roll. It's a shame they replaced him with Loebotomy (and then punted Pak to a character no one cares about)

No not at all.
Let me sum up 600 for you.

• Ben Urich is typing a story that will never see print. (on the first page so you know this will be good. :whatever:)
  • Recap of world war hulk and Banner being taken into custody.
  • Recap of the fact that there are two hulks. One red and the other green.
  • Ben Urich meets up with She-hulk. She informs him of where the action is going down. Says bring a photographer. (Of course Peter)
  • Doc Samson confronts them. She hulk and Doc tussle off screen.
  • Red Hulk fights Spidey. Green Hulk fights Red hulk and is easily defeated. Red Hulk hits Bruce with some laser. Says he cant become hulk anymore. :whatever:
  • Everyone is like wth there are two hulks???
  • Place explodes. Everyone escapes. Blue abomination protects bruce.
  • We find out that Urich won't print the story because Red hulk threatened him and his staff's lives. (and the destruction of the frontline building)
  • End of story.
Oh yeah....and Modok was there. Complaining. yay.
I was really excited about this story arc, but its starting to really go flat line for me. Ed Mcguiness really saves this book.
Sure when you put it in bullet points its a nice size chunk. But only one plot got pushed forward. (Bruce getting taken out of custody) Alot of the action wasn't exciting either. Well initially but everything just went flatline. That's why the book kind of sucked.

I can't tell you the last Jeph Loeb story I enjoyed. I know I liked Spider-Man Blue, but I thought there was one after that. Guess not. Well, Hush was okay.

As for ASM#600, I FINALLY got to pick it up and read it (JR JR cover).

Awesome. I loved it. It was jsut fun from start to finish. Spidey and the FF's interaction was great, Wolverine threatening Spidey, when Spidey can beat him mercilessly was funny (yeah, wolvie's a lil' punk, sorry), and the MJ ending was priceless. It was good to see MJ used as the monkeywrench in Peter's life, much like she used to be back in the day. Even as a huge detractor from the BND status quo, I had to admit that was a cool scene.

As for Ock's redesign, it's temporary, so I'm cool with it. Personally, and this is not a knock on JRJR, but I think he could have been rendered in a far more eerie style...especially given JRJR's tendency to add that "sketchy look" to things. Also, Jansen usually keeps a little "scratch" in the inks, and he didn't do it when Ock was on panel. Aside from that, the art was top notch.

As for the back-ups, the Spidey goes to the therapist story, the Madame Web story, and the Uncle Ben story were all great.

Either way, it was 5 bucks well spent.

Still not adding it to my pull list, though.

Ithe MJ ending was priceless. It was good to see MJ used as the monkeywrench in Peter's life

The MJ catching the flowers thing was another thing I didn't care for. I mean, as a single, random issue it's good stuff. It worked well and was pulled off with awesome timing.

However I don't like the "teasing something that has already happened" aspect.

"Oooohhhhh MJ caught the bouquet! Could she and peter be getting married!!???" That's like.....not an interesting question.

Well, It WOULD have been had they not just been married.

Haven't been around these boards in what seems like forever. Been collecting ASM on and off for a couple of months now. I enjoyed this issue, I just kind of expected a bit more from it. Maybe I'm wrong, But I had originally thought that this was the issue where we would find out what happened with the Peter/MJ wedding. Ah well, MJ is back in the title which means I will start collecting again. I'm hoping that they get back together and Marvel doesn't start teasing at it every other issue.

Also since I've been out of the loop for a while, Does she know that they were married at one point? Has there been any mention at all about that?

So I got and read ASM 600 and I gotta say, it really sucked. May getting married...AGAIN!!!!!!! Doc Ock dieing....AGAIN!!!!!!!! The book really sucks now. It breaks my heart. It seems like an alternate universe now. It isn't good at all.

So I got and read ASM 600 and I gotta say, it really sucked. May getting married...AGAIN!!!!!!! Doc Ock dieing....AGAIN!!!!!!!! The book really sucks now. It breaks my heart. It seems like an alternate universe now. It isn't good at all.

Well I wouldn't go that far. :oldrazz:

I did expect more out of it. I'm tired of reading about Aunt and her relationship. Honestly, does anyone actually care about that? :whatever:
Another thing that annoyed me is that Peter doesn't find it weird that Daredevil tells him there is something strange about him,allowing his identity to remain a secret.

Anyway, maybe things will turn around now that MJ is back in the fold. I'm also looking forward to BC returning.

I'm sorry that you didn't like it... but I can't remember ever seeing Aunt May getting married (an almost to Doc OCk, which was over 35 years ago... ) and Ock isn't dead... you can say a good villain is dying, but it's hard to kepp'em dead.

Thanks for trying...

Read "Spider-man crawl space" By: Kevin Cushing.

His story is actually written pretty well from what I've seen. It takes place exactly where One more day left off, except the events that were taken out of continuity were duly set back by Peter and than there are certain plot twists that progress all of the characters.

So I was creating a thread about One more day.
and all the clues I caught thus far.

............and I got royally screwed
because when I type long posts I usually use the notepad to ensure that I have a back up copy so I won't have to write it again.

It was very well done. and before I got to post or even save the copy. My electricity was cut off for half a second.

So yea....I'm pretty mad right now.
It was a great effort too. and I think I may have picked up on some things that some people have missed, or I haven't really seen talked about.

Maybe I'll try posting again later. but for now I'm going to take a break.

It's funny, because that happens to most of my posts too, and they always seem to get replaced with my crappier version.

I felt pretty apathetic about ASM #600 almost disliked it. It did however have a good moment when Peter is talking to Aunt May and she calls him son and her mom. for some reason that part was my favorite of the entire issue. oh and Stan Lee's story w/ Marcos Martin was damn fun to read. they should team up again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"