Asura's Wrath

I played the demo and thought it was downright awful.

Asura's Wrath is essentially the worst parts of anime and video games combined into one horrendous piece of ****.

It's like, if you could take someone who really hates anime and video games and manifest their skewed perception of what those things are into a physical form, it would be Asura's Wrath.
That's a heavy deal of hate
I'll need to play the Demo, but I don't connect the PS3 to the network

I thought this was an image from Street Fighter 4. This would be cool

Awesome. I hope we can play the game as Ryu, too. It will make replays on harder difficulties more fun.
If he could perform vertical and diagonal Hadoken's would be great, demos I watched before show it will be very difficult playing as Ryu against giant beasts

Cool, I wonder how the playable cutscenes will work, since it is anime.
If he could perform vertical and diagonal Hadoken's would be great, demos I watched before show it will be very difficult playing as Ryu against giant beasts
I was thinking of Ryu more as a skin change and just that. But if he could perform a Hadoken, instead of Asura's triangle attack, it would be great.

Last edited:
I beat the game the other day, and overall I think it's good but it's not for everyone. I would only recommend this if you are heavy on story and are willing to accept that there is little gameplay. I feel more like I watched a short interactive tv show/movie rather than played a game.

That's not to take away that this is a good experience but one you have to know what you'll be getting type of thing.

It is short so I am looking forward to what the DLC adds to the table, specifically the Ryu/fight mode one.

this is fianlly up.

Asura's Wrath

Review -You mad? Asura sure is! See if this unique adventure is the right stress reliever for you!
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

source :GT

ok the last of the reviews will be from ROTR.

Ok this isn't from ROTR as they haven't gotten around to this yet.
But Giant bomb has.

so here it is. Asura's Wrath Review

source: Giant Bomb

Well, this certainly wasn't what I was expecting from a game (and I use game very loosely). Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the game, I was just expecting more game. It's very different, very very different.

Interactive movie eh? Hmmm.

Wouldn't put me off.

You really have to have a ton of patience IMO. It's definitely a good time killer.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/asuras-wrath-dlc-episodes-confirmed/

THE BUZZ: Capcom has confirmed several DLC episodes for the recently released Asura’s Wrath.
The publisher has revealed that two episodes coming shortly after release, ”will offer a completely new artistic look taking their inspiration from the world of anime.”
“These DLC packs explore what happened between episodes from the full game. What was going through Asura’s mind when he fought against his mentor Augus? Which is the right path for Yasha to follow; should he betray his friend Asura or take his side against Deus? These questions will be answered when the DLC episodes launch shortly after release,” Capcom explained.
Several pieces of Street Fighter DLC were also confirmed for the game in which, ”the world’s greatest warriors from Street Fighter appear before Asura, challenging him to a fight.”
EGM’s TAKE: DLC that completely changes the art style of the game is a brave move considering that all Asura’s Wrath really has going for it is its style. However, the Street Fighter DLC does sound pretty awesome. Fans may be tempted to buy the game after this little announcement. For those that have already purchased it DLC support this early on will please them no end.

Not only Ryu, but several Street Fighter characters? That's so awesome. Can't wait to get it all.

Here's Reviews on the Run'ss review of this game
Mar 6 - Reviews on the Run - 1

plus news on how the games doing despite mixed reviews.
Asura's Wrath beats Syndicate in first week sales (with all six fists, presumably)

(7 hours ago)

Asura's Wrath moved 36,000 copies in its first week of sales at the end of February, NPD tells Joystiq. Despite Syndicate's business-savvy nature, the big reboot came up approximately 2,000 copies short of matching the Capcom god destroyer, with 34,000 copies sold at retail in February. As NPD doesn't track digital sales, the launch sales gives us a comparison of each game's commercial performance on consoles (Syndicate also came out on PC).

We're ascribing the disparity to our own reviews of each game, of course, with only a half star difference between the two (which apparently equates to roughly 2,000 units). The two games launched on February 21 in North America and NPD reports sales between January 29 and February 25, giving each game four days of February sales data.

Nice. I bought the game, but I'll only play it by the end of April. So I'll be spending 15 more bucks with this game, it seems.

It's a good amount of content, so it's fine by me, and it is looking great.

I finally played and finished Asura's Wrath, counting it's DLC episodes with the rest of the story (which was a ******** move from Capcom, once again).
I can say for sure that it's the most exagerated, absurd and crazy game I've ever played. But it's also one of the most daring, epic and beautifully done so far.

They were able to craft a story where I actually cared, the whole time, what I was doing. I wanted to see what happened next. The characters seem like something that we've already seen before many times. The fat arrogant soldier, the obssessive woman, the fight lover sensei, the guy full of luxury and self confidence, the expert strategist, the weighted one, the omnipotent boss and, of course, the angry hot head. Nonetheless, they all help moving the story forward and, either we want to see their status and hear their opinions on Asura after each deicide, or we simply want to end their lives in the most epic battles ever, with the exception of two of them, unfortunately. The storytelling is done very well, telling the story of Asura, whose anger really is justified and only powers him up. But he also grows as a character. He wants to quell his rage, but also use it to protect what he needs.

And the battles are almighty epic. From exploding a guy the size of the Earth, to rocking the moon and back to the planet, to fighting through the galaxy against the Creation itself across different dimensions, heaven and hell, which creates mini-suns, I don't know how my brain just didn't explode. The most awesome demonstrations of power are shown by the protagonist when fighting against his fellow gods. The scale is so big that, literally, everything can happen.

The music is another point where it deserves praise. There's so much attention to the beautiful melodies that we hear throughout the story that it can take the heat away after a ferocious battle and warm with its calmer tones. Some characters get their own themes, like the western music that we hear whenever Yasha, the second character we control in some moments and fight against, is on-screen, and it really fits everyone. The sound, superb as it is, adds a lot to the action. All the destruction and demonstration of power would be nothing without really feeling the impact with all the noise it does. The voice actors do an A-job, never lacking and even trying an accent where it properly fits. They make us feel their angst, their sarcasm, their overconfidence, their anger and their sadness.

The gameplay, however, might not appeal to everyone. This is a game where you really interact with the story. The demo shouldn't fool, though. There's plenty of beat'em up, shooting sections and ''QTE''. Most of them aren't even really quick time events, but inputs to make your character react accordingly to the scene. Sometimes it doesn't make much difference. Other times, you get hit and fall to try again. If you're someone who likes to be engaged in a story, specially in a game, then it should please you. But if all you're looking for is non-stop gameplay, then it should serve at least as a rant.

Asura's Wrath is a really different kind of game. It certainly won't please everyone, but I loved it. The characters, the visuals, the story, the insane battles and a really satisfying ending should be enough to, at least, give it a try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"