Superman Returns Wrath of Zod

charl_huntress said:
Important villian like Brainiac? I thought you said Supes rogue gallery was unknown, and the only place Brain has been seen is on the cartoon and Smallville????? Is Singer such a hack he is going to copy Al and Miles as well as Donner????????????????

Smallville's Brainiac is Brainiac In Name Only. Hes a friggen tool of Zod.

This film could do Brainiac right, like the Animated Series version...keeping the Crystal Krypton stuff. That would be great.

hoopy3 said:
He has made more good movies than bad...not to mention that although i was dissapointed with SR it isn't a "bad" move per se. I think he is open minded enought to hear the criticisms and take them constructively. He definitely seemed like he wanted an action packed sequel. He made several comments about that (besides the wrath of kahn thing).

He did sound like he was for the action didn't he...maybe this SR2, if there is one, will be Singer's First Action Movie:up:

X2 was a great story driven movie...so maybe SR2 is just Supeman punching a wall all day:eek:

charl_huntress said:
Right? Yeah, I buy that stuff.

So, IYO, a good writer shouldn't introduce them? How do you think Batman's rogue's came into being? Hell! PI has a following because of the cartoon. She wasn't even well know before that. Check your facts dude!

Important villian like Brainiac? I thought you said Supes rogue gallery was unknown, and the only place Brain has been seen in on the cartoon?????

LOL...no excuse to include a GOOD, well working plot device like the rock in space...LIKE BRAINIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay...

The fact is Brainiac has been around for a lot longer and has had a far bigger impact on the Superman mythos, he has been Superman's foe for about 50 years, Doomsday has nothing on him. Ohh, Doomsday "killed" Superman, he's a bad@ss, big deal, Superman came back what, a week later and doomsday has done jack since. He's a gimmick character his only purpose has kill Superman and now that Superman has returned, he has been rendered useless, he has done nothing important, he has served his purpose, he is best left forgotten.

Doomsday is far more of a plot device than Brainiac ever was. At least Brainiac has character traits and a motive beyond merely killing things, Doomsday doesn't have that, he is a mindless monster who kills thing, he as about as interesting as a wild animal, he has no character traits or motives beyond killing things, he has served his purpose and has been exposed as the useless flashy gimmick character he truly is.

This is relevant:

Triligors said:
Just for those wondering what 'Wrath of Khan' means.... don't know if something similar was posted earlier....

Q: So I'm really interested in your commitment and your ideas about the next movie, you said you wanted it to be like your 'Wrath of Khan' did you mean that you wanted it to be your final take?

Singer: No, I meant now that things are established, now that there is a context, characters that exist, characters who can find themselves in greater jeapordy, characters who we are hopefully emotionally invested in, now you can go into the action realm. It's just a first thing that if you don't care about who the action adventure is happening to, then action adventure is fire works. So, now that we have a kind of a context of emotional care, we have Richard, the child, we have all these people, now this family of characters. So, now when the **** hits the fan, when action comes, I don't want to say who or what or what big force or what terrible alien force- or whatever happens. It is, it is as the mother said "the universe is a big place Clark and even if you are the last.... what else is out there..." these notions, now that the characters are established- you needed to know who those guys were before wrath faced off with those cadets in 'Wrath of Khan' that's, that's what I meant. And then you can go bang bang bang!! And play that action a bit bigger and harder because you already emotionally invested in these characters, it's just a way of rolling it out- I guess- that I learned from X-Men 1.

Silver Lad said:
Smallville's Brainiac is Brainiac In Name Only. Hes a friggen tool of Zod.

He's friggin the ERADICATOR!!!! Look him up:)

Silver Lad said:
This film could do Brainiac right, like the Animated Series version...keeping the Crystal Krypton stuff. That would be great.

Singer can't do his mamma or Superman right. He'd have a hard time with a complex characther like Brainiac, and I'm sure if Brain did make an appearance he'd probably be a Gus Gorman remake without Richard Pryor.

charl_huntress said:
He's friggin the ERADICATOR!!!! Look him up:) .

He aint Eradicator. I know who Eradicator is thank you very much. I like Eradicator....or did, hes MIA now.

SV's Brainiac is just a joke. Theres potential for someone else to do it much much better.

charl_huntress said:
Singer can't do his mamma or Superman right. He'd have a hard time with a complex characther like Brainiac, and I'm sure if Brain did make an appearance he'd probably be a Gus Gorman remake without Richard Pryor.

Youre smoking some good crack :cool:

The Overlord said:
What's the difference btw Doomsday and Richard or Jason?

Nothing, they are all Plot devices, but ONE is infinitely more cooler than the rest.

charl_huntress said:

Doomsday served its purpose the moment it killed Superman and Superman killed it.

Richard and Jason's story continues....and their final purpose is still a mystery.

Thats the difference.

Silver Lad said:
He aint Eradicator. I know who Eradicator is thank you very much. I like Eradicator....or did, hes MIA now.

SV's Brainiac is just a joke. Theres potential for someone else to do it much much better. Youre smoking some good crack :cool:

He ain't the Eradicator???????

You sound so ****ing stupid, but I'll keep smoking my crack.

YOU, HOWEVER, SHOULD PICK UP A COMIC OR READ SOME BIOS ON THE INTERNET...

you sound like you're stupid or clone of Singer...so I'll let you roll:up:

charl_huntress said:

I'd rather see Superman punch Doomsday than have to see more angsty Singer romance. Let Superman hit Doomsday! That's a better sequel:up:

Like I said I don't like Richard or the kid, so I don't see why you keep brining them up, I don't like them and I won't defend them or Singer. That doesn't change the fact Doomsday is a lame 90s villain and Brainiac is a million times better.

Frankly I hope Brainiac is the main villain in the next movie and I hope he kills Richard and/or Jason, it be cool to see Superman really pissed and going all out on Brainiac.

Silver Lad said:
Doomsday served its purpose the moment it killed Superman and Superman killed it.

Richard and Jason's story continues....and their final purpose is still a mystery.

Thats the difference.

LOL...LOL...if we see Zod...are you willing send me a gift card because I doubt the mystery is that hard to describe.

Singer maybe a hack...we'll have to see what happens with the sequel, heh?

The Overlord said:
Like I said I don't like Richard or the kid, so iIdon't see why you keep brining them up.

I like the kid...:up: :up: :up:

But, I do think Superman needs to hit someone for the next movie.:up:

charl_huntress said:
LOL...LOL...if we see Zod...are you willing send me a gift card because I doubt the mystery is that hard to describe.

Singer maybe a hack...we'll have to see what happens with the sequel, heh?

A hack wouldnt have been able to create the X-men film franchaise from scratch. Hes capable of doing his own stuff...

He just wanted to be respectful to a vast majority of fans who were in love with the Donner films and dont believe they should be forgotten.

And yes, if Zod happens.. I'll send u a giftcard...guaranteed. If Singer wasnt enthusiatic about Zod at the Con, and Mike and Dan already said they dont want to do him...

Things dont look great for Zod.

With Donner putting out his own version of Superman 2 on DVD soon also, I dont think Singer would step on his toes by trying to recreate it so soon.

I dont even think WB will let him even if he wanted to.

Silver Lad said:
A hack wouldnt have been able to create the X-men film franchaise from scratch. Hes capable of doing his own stuff...

He just wanted to be respectful to a vast majority of fans who were in love with the Donner films and dont believe they should be forgotten.

And yes, if Zod happens.. I'll send u a giftcard...guaranteed. If Singer wasnt enthusiatic about Zod at the Con, and Mike and Dan already said they dont want to do him...

Things dont look great for Zod.

With Donner putting out his own version of Superman 2 on DVD soon also, I dont think Singer would step on his toes by trying to recreate it so soon.

I dont even think WB will let him even if he wanted to.

I didn't want a rehash of the first film, which is what I got Superman Returns, which is why it is a such disappointment for me. I have already seen Superman I, I wanted a new movie, not a glossly remake.

Frankly if Singer doesn't use Zod, but uses some Zod clone like Ty-Zor or
Jax-Ur the effect is still the same, it will be a rehash of Superman II. Singer should prove his chops by introducing a new kind of vilain, like Brainiac, instead of rehashing past Superman movies.

charl_huntress said:
He ain't the Eradicator???????

You sound so ****ing stupid, but I'll keep smoking my crack.

YOU, HOWEVER, SHOULD PICK UP A COMIC OR READ SOME BIOS ON THE INTERNET...

you sound like you're stupid or clone of Singer...so I'll let you roll:up:

Okay listen Biatch. Thats my new name for you since you admited to being one....and youve proved youre biatchness.

Now how the **** is Smallville's Brainiac the Eradicator?

The only similarities are Krypton and built by Kryptonians...thats all.

He doesnt exihibit any other qualities of Eradicator. He isnt trying to mold earth into Krypton for his own reasons.

Hes just a tool of Zod.

He didnt create the FOS.

He didnt **** up Jimmy Olsen.

He didnt turn Clark into Krypton Man.

He didnt create a form for himself that resembles Kal-El.

He didnt eventually believe he was actually Kal-El after having all his memories.

I read the damn comics.

SV's Brainiac aint Eradicator. Its just something they pulled out of their asses as usual. I bet they dont even know who Eradicator is.

Silver Lad said:

What's he shown with Superman though? Let's forget Marvel and focus on DC, heh? When you can show me his DC movie than I may believe you.

Silver Lad said:

VAST MAJORITY???????????

Where is this vast majority because you were absent during the planning of the movie, and WE seemed to be absent from SR in total??????

I'm wondering when Singer thought he'd actually included fans of the Donner movies...and I'm not talking those fans hyped up on the imagery?????

LOL...the Donner movies are better, so Singer is even more of a hack for trying to recreate the wheel. What a ****ing idiot:up:

Silver Lad said:
And yes, if Zod happens.. I'll send u a giftcard...guaranteed.

I got another bet Showtime...I'm already 0-1, but I'm...spunky:up: :up: :)

Thanks Octoberist:eek:

The Eradicators main function is to preserve Kryptonian Heritage. It was designed to keep Kryptonians trapped on Krypton.

SV's Brainiac is designed to serve Zod.

Big difference.

Silver Lad said:
Okay listen Biatch. Thats my new name for you since you admited to being one....and youve proved youre biatchness.

I like it...but only if I can call you my HO...because that is what you are:up:

Silver Lad said:
Now how the **** is Smallville's Brainiac the Eradicator?

Read up on the Eradicator./

Silver Lad said:
The only similarities are Krypton and built by Kryptonians...thats all.

He doesnt exihibit any other qualities of Eradicator. He isnt trying to mold earth into Krypton for his own reasons.

Hes just a tool of Zod.

He didnt create the FOS.

You sure about that:confused: :O

Silver Lad said:
He didnt turn Clark into Krypton Man.

He didnt create a form for himself that resembles Kal-El.

He didnt eventually believe he was actually Kal-El after having all his memories.

I read the damn comics.

SV's Brainiac aint Eradicator. Its just something they pulled out of their asses as usual. I bet they dont even know who Eradicator is.

You sure about that

Ummm...episode where Fine manipulates Clark....Eradicator.

Ummm....episode where Fine control Clark....Eradicator.

Ummm...epispde where Fine controls Lex...Eradicator.

Ummm...episode where Fine tries to destroy the world through chemical disease...His MO....Eradicator.

Do you want to keep going?

Well since Singer ripped off of Superman the Movie, he'll mostlikely rip off of Superman II, well done Singer.*sarcasm* :down :mad:

Silver Lad said:
The Eradicators main function is to preserve Kryptonian Heritage. It was designed to keep Kryptonians trapped on Krypton.

SV's Brainiac is designed to serve Zod.

Big difference.

What you think Zod's function is....is it to recreate Krypton on Earth?????

Sound like the Eradicator to me...since that has been Brianiac's function since his introduction.

charl_huntress said:
Where is this vast majority because you were absent during the planning of the movie, and WE seemed to be absent from SR??????

I'm refering from within the fanbase. If you check all the polls on any Superman site (not even SR sites but Superman in general) like Supermanhomepage or wherever, the majority still love SR.

There are a few vocal haters of the film like yourself, even though I'm sure you prefer it the other live action \S/ crap we got in recent years.

But its obvious there are alot of Donner fans.

It was alrite to start the franchaise off on familiar territory... if the Donner stuff continues however.....then that would be bad I agree.

I have a feeling it wont. I'm sure theres alot of executive pressure on Singer to make big changes for the next film.........we'll see if these changes work out for better or worse.

charl_huntress said:
What you think Zod's function is....is it to recreate Krypton on Earth?????

Sound like the Eradicator to me...since that has been Brianiac's function since his introduction.

We dont know Zod's function on SV yet. Hes a ghost in Lex's body. He just wants to rule the earthmen as a God....

In SII he simply had dillusions of godhood.

Eradicator recreating and reforming a dead society is a different matter.

Close but no cookie.

If it was up to me, Jorel on SV would be Eradicator. He creates Oracles of Knowlegde and hes a cold heartless bastard......sadly this wont happen.

charl_huntress said:
I like it...but only if I can call you my HO...because that is what you are:up: .

You wish ;) Biatches dont get to have hos.

charl_huntress said:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/who/who-intro.php?topic=eradicator

I even have the comic. Jimmy gets powers as a result.

charl_huntress said:
You sure about that

Ummm...episode where Fine manipulates Clark....Eradicator.

Ummm....episode where Fine control Clark....Eradicator.

Ummm...epispde where Fine controls Lex...Eradicator.

Ummm...episode where Fine tries to destroy the world through chemical disease...His MO....Eradicator.

Do you want to keep going?

You do realize Brainiac has done all those things in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"