AUG Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!

Welcome to the SuperHeroHYPE Fan Art Contest!

THE CONTEST:
STEAMPUNK HEROES - Thats right 'steampunk' - Loosely defined as: The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often set in Victorian era England—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne.
You can Wiki it HERE - I encourage all of you artists to research it - I have fallen in love with the concept and thought it would make a challenging theme!
(*)If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE RULES:
One entry per artist. Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible, do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop whatever medium you are comfortable with. Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of ARTWORK... PHOTO-MANIPS are allowed this month! But please be creative with your manips - simply coloring Batman red or pasting him on the moon won't cut it! - Your entry should be posted HERE in this thread. Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key!
(*)If you are banned at the close of the contest your entry will be disqualified!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
All entries should be posted here in this thread.
You will need to host your own image and 'hotlink' the image URL to this thread.
Entries must be visible in this thread - posting a text link only your entry can be missed!
SHH has a gallery HERE if you need FREE hosting space (for contest entries only please)
I will assemble the entries as they come in and post them in the SHH Fan Art Gallery.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE DEADLINE & VOTING:
Aug. 28, 2008 - (contest closes midnight PST on the 28th)
Winner will be chosen by the artists in FAN ART - via a special voting gallery!
Winner also gets a bump in avatar size! - WHOOT!

So there is your assignment if you chose to take it... You should post your artwork here in this thread!
ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST. By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you the artist, and original to this contest and by posting an image you are open to critique!

GOOD LUCK!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

A few examples...
bountyhunters.jpg

(thanks to Gizmodo.com)

c_gjl-group.jpg

(thanks to boingboing.net)

Go here for some cool Star Wars steampunk artwork! - Scroll down a bit.

Seriously man... wtf

What? Is there a problem with the theme Asteroid-Man?
Entering is not mandatory - you have every right to NOT enter if you choose!

I'm always trying to find themes that will challenge you all a bit - and this one I found very interesting... I'm not asking you to make 3D action figures (you are free to do so if you wish) the examples are just there to get the basic idea!

As always feel free to PM if you have any questions!

Haha, I didn't mean to flame you bro, it's just... I'm stumped.

I am definetely not someone who enters these but damn, I feel like this is a HUGE undertaking, although I really like the style of it all. good luck to everyone.

GREAT theme! this is gonna be interesting!

Wow. Good Idea for a contest. Lol. Someone should just draw the Leauge of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Entering is not mandatory - you have every right to NOT enter if you choose!

I'm always trying to find themes that will challenge you all a bit - and this one I found very interesting... I'm not asking you to make 3D action figures (you are free to do so if you wish) the examples are just there to get the basic idea!

As always feel free to PM if you have any questions!

I find this theme for this contest very fun and interesting. I think I'll make Marvel and DC Comics superheroes "steampunked". I cannot wait to see some pretty great entries as well. I'll whip up some designs another time. I'm going on a vacation today. See you all in two days.

Live-ActionMan

I think I'll do a steam punk Sentinel

I did the steampunk, going to be hard to limit it to one idea. and hopefully I have time to work on something

Well, that pic of the DC heroes kinda makes it harder to try and do DC characters in this style. STILL...that's not what Batzarro had planned...

Awesome idea Excelsior (or whomever came up with it)! This one is going to be fun.

Here is my image guys hope you like it...it's a Steam punk Vision :) I based the pose and image on this Avengers comic book cover:

vision.jpg

steampunkvisioncopy.jpg

:hoboj: Baggers :hoboj:

My first idea was a steam punk Iron Man but didn't think I could do it judge just hope someone can :)

*judge?!! I ment justice...d'oh!! lol*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member