AUG Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant wait to get started... love this theme!

after the INSANE amounts of pc probs last week, i have a new comp built and running vista 64 (which is beautiful, but such a f-ing pain) in prep for CS4 this fall!

i FINALLY just got CS3 to work, and if I can just get rid of these f--ing shortcut arrows I'll feel at peace, and get started on this months entry.

Here is my image guys hope you like it...it's a Steam punk Vision :) I based the pose and image on this Avengers comic book cover:

vision.jpg

steampunkvisioncopy.jpg

:hoboj: Baggers :hoboj:

nice! loving where this month is headed. what a great theme! thanks for the reference pic. cool stuff!

Great idea for a genre, I am working on my entry at the moment

I always plan on entering these but never seem to find the time to do so. This month seems like it is going to be a huge challenge. I am stumped as to what to do for this one. But I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. A Steampunk Star Trek would be cool though.

^ Ha Ha Steam Trek :up: The transporter gives you 4th degree burns.:woot:

nice! loving where this month is headed. what a great theme! thanks for the reference pic. cool stuff!

Thanx mate :)

:hoboj: Baggers :hoboj:

I have 2 of my 3 character designs done... LOVING the theme.

HAHAH.....i think it's MAINLY the mustache....now that you say that I can totally see it.

Here's my entry, a photoshop painting of Steampunk Batman. I probably should've waited to do some more fine-tuning before I posted this, but I don't want to overdo it, so here its.

paintingdg0.jpg

Enjoy!

Here's my entry, a photoshop painting of Steampunk Batman. I probably should've waited to do some more fine-tuning before I posted this, but I don't want to overdo it, so here its.

paintingdg0.jpg

Enjoy!

Awesome! The detailing on the cape, gloves, belt and boots is amazing!

I love the look of Gotham by Gaslight Batman, I always thought Batman vs. Jack the Ripper would be the coolest thing ever.

K, I'm struggling with the chestpiece. Any ideas?

The chestpiece won't have that blue fusion light from the movie, it's simply a large flashlight. Due to the settings his uniform is definitly steampunk (Note the rusty mask and the goggles.)

He's gonna have a six shooter, a flamethrower gauntlet, a small, Boba Fett style shoulder cape and a steam powered jetpack (yeah, get ready to bend the rules of realism here :p)

scan0004.jpg

Even thought its only been about a week, I feel like I've been working on this for about 2 years, so I'm going to call it a day and post it.

I really love this month's theme, great job everyone so far.

doneat1.jpg

The "Iron Man" project was Sir Anthony Starke's life's work. He built his suit of armour using rare alloys sythesized in his own laboratory that made it virtually indestructible, and absolutely one of a kind. Utilizing steam, gears, and pneumatics; the suit increased the wearer's strength 100 fold, and was equipped with the world's most advanced military weaponry. The suit was designed to be a one-man army, that would protect the empire from outside attack. The only flaw in the suit's design was the lack of a power source great enough to sustain its operation for long periods of time. Although he worked on other projects, and his company flourished, Starke toiled for years to solve the “Iron Man's” energy dilemma.

One night while leaving his laboratory, Starke was shot in the chest by hired thugs who stole the notebook containing the “Iron Man” blue prints. The ordeal left Starke very near death with a chest full of bird shot. The pellets moved closer to his heart each hour and the outlook was grim. It was through the skill of his colleague, alchemist and mage, Steven Strange that he was saved. On his death-bed, Stark worked with Strange to design a device that would be implanted into his chest, repelling the metal fragments from his heart. This device harnessed zero-energy currents along with magnetic fields and Starke's own life force, tapped by Strange's magic. Essentially, it created a pipe-line into Starke's very soul. The result, was a delicate balance of technology and magic that held the fatal shot in place.

As Starke recovered, he learned that the men who robbed him that night were hired by Obidiah Staine, his second in command. Stane sought to supplant Starke as the chief of Starke Industries, and use his technology for more aggressive expansion, wiping “undesirables” off the face of the globe. Through month's of careful development and experimentation, Starke found a solution to the “Iron Man's” design flaw. He learned that he was able to connect the machine's generators directly to the device that he and Strange built. It acted as a valve of sorts, spreading his life force, or ether, throughout the entire machine. This new configuration gave the “Iron Man” a nearly limitless power supply, and made Starke the only person on the earth would could pilot it. With his creation, Starke set out on a crusade to rid the world of the hidden evils that plague it.... to alway stand up for justice, civility, and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"