Sequels Sony's Aunt May the Movie...???

Jordanstine

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-Man-Might-Weirdly-Give-Side-Character-Her-Own-Movie-68153.html

TASM_Aunt_May.jpg

Despite the struggles Sony has had with the Amazing Spider-Man franchise, they are still attempting to structure a universe revolving around the famed Wall-Crawler. Much of this world-building is happening through the spinoffs they’ll be releasing in the coming years, There’s Sinister Six, the Venom spinoff (which may also include Carnage) and a a project tentatively titled Glass Ceiling that would feature several female Spider-Man characters teaming up. Now, there’s a fourth idea that’s been thrown into the mix, and it’s doubtful that anyone saw this coming, and if you did, congratulations, you’re clairvoyant.

According to Latino Review, Sony is working on a movie about Peter Parker’s Aunt May. Apparently the film would follow her as a young woman, long before she was tasked with raising her nephew, and would be an "espionage story" in the vein of the AMC series Mad Men. The article compares this project as Sony's attempt at making something similar to Marvel’s Agent Carter, and it’s one of their many attempts to make the Spider-Verse work before cutting a deal with Marvel.

Well if we wanted confirmation that Sony have absolutely no idea what to do with the franchise after ASM2 and are now running round like a bunch of headless chickens then I think we have it.

:funny:

At some point, you simply cannot make this stuff up.

Ok, Sony, you're done. Time to go home. Please leave all the Spidey toys in the Disney toybox on the way out.

I'm ok with this. This means that Spider-Man will probably be back at Marvel soon. But are we sure this isn't a joke?

If it's not a joke then that's the stupidest thing I ever heard

Maybe we'll finally get Aunt Carnage!

AuntCarnage2.jpg

Sony is the kid in the back of the class who eats paste. Well more so now.

Wow. If this is real I am dying to hear the excuses from Sony apologists.
It's worth noting that this story was originally reported by Latino-review, probably the least respectable "news" site on the internet, so I don't exactly expect to hear anything else about this.
Moral of the story: just give Marvel the rights back so we don't have to hear crap like this anymore.

Last edited:
After this and the Doom news, both studios need to give the rights back, like yesterday.

That picture of Aunt May in the article is my reaction

If this is true, then I am done with Sony.

I've tried to stick up for you guys. I've tried to bring everyone back from the cliff and say, hold on now, maybe it won't be so bad. But first you kill off Norman (and don't show his head in the freezer). Then you make Rhino a mech. Then you announce that the next movie won't be a Spiderman movie, but instead will be the Sinister Six as some group of villains trying to redeem themselves. And then you come out saying that the Venom movie won't be a Spiderman movie either? Look, I tried to stick up for you, but if this Aunt May thing is even remotely real, then I am done!

Sony, you SUCK! (almost as much as the Fantastic Four movie will!)!!!

It has as much potential as their Sinister Six spin off.

This is ****ing hilarious.

besides being a facepalm bit of news, it's also the most stupid-assed idea I've ever heard of...

tumblr_lqebxvwINe1qafrh6.jpg

Aunt May is a spy ?

i_knew_it.gif

In the next reboot she will be Normans ***** & she will have been working with him the entire time & Norman will be Peter Parkers real dad & Harry will be Uncle Bens adopted son

M-Bison-Of-course.gif

I only care if there's a love scene and we get to see Martin Sheen's butt.

A young Sony employee, Aunt May, has her meatloaf recipe fall into the wrong hands, and she has to get it back! Also featuring a ton of Uncle Bens and Sony product placement! Guest starring Peter's super secret parents, and a top-secret cameo from the Laundry Sheriff!

I am SO happy to see that this bit of news is meeting with the ridicule that it so richly deserves by all these wonderful responses here on this thread...

Lame rumour is lame.

If this fake bit of news ever were to be a reality it wouldn't get the rights back to marvel, people need to understand that if a movie flops the rights still stay where they are and spider-man is too big a property to just be handed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"