Comics Newest Wizard Quotes on Unmasking

Cullen said:
Ah, but here's the thing. SiaT's the one who's been pitching fits about "negative" fans attacking all of the like minded "positive" fans. And yet what's the first thing he does in this thread? Goes right after the poster with the brain dead "Not everyone's as close minded as you".

First of all, I'm not pitching fits.

Second of all, did you read my posts or just the first one?

lol :D
Every time we get SIAT, Doc, and Cullen in the same thread something happens. I never thought it was possible to get into that many 3-way arguments. :O

Cyclops said:
If you have to work to prove that a story works, then it probably doesn't work.

Because guess what? If a story works, it will work all on its own, no proof necessary.

Therefore, since they are working so hard to validate their story, it does not work.

Exactly!

If they had done their job right the first time around, there wouldn't be any need to convince people that the story makes sense and is a good one.

It's kinda like being a comedian and having to explain the punchline of a joke. If you have to do it, it means you blew it.

*sniff* Thanks for not ignoring that point. *tears of joy*

SpideyInATree said:
First of all, I'm not pitching fits.
Fine. Raising a rukus. Carping. B!tchin' and moanin'. Whatever.
SpideyInATree said:
Second of all, did you read my posts or just the first one?
Your first post on this thread, right off the bat, was dismissal of famernude's opinion not based on facts or reason but because he was "closed minded." With your stance in previous threads about people shouting people down, you'd think you might have tried a dissimular tactic.

While your conversation was civil from that point out (not to say you were overly mean, I hasten to add), it doesn't change the fact you did go after him.

Let's all keep in mind, of course, that your "going after him" in this thread really wasn't all that bad. Just irritating.

SpideyInATree said:
Those two bring out the worst in me. :O
Ditto.:mad:

Seriously, I really don't have anything against you, per say. It's just sometimes...:up::)

Cyclops said:
I'm sorry. I noticed. I just got tired of saying "I wish I wrote that...":(:)

Cyclops said:

Dude what the hell?!?

spideylover89 said:
Bingo :up:

Joe Q and PAD need to just shut up right now and let Civil War play out. All of the previous mess ups at Marvel lately have been constantly justified by these two and JMS and they in turn wind up making it worse. Let's face it, everytime they talk about their reasons behind certain moves (Sins Past, new costume, etc.) they unknowingly reassure people that they have little to no cofidence in the decission making whatsoever. If Civil War is good people will know, you don't have to keep trying to convince them it is.

Thanks for ignoring mine! *tears of sorrow* :(

I feel like that person in the group that always talks....but nobody listens...it hurts *sniff*

SpideyInATree said:
Why is it a dumb ass comment? I further explained what I was talking about to farmernudie. And he understood. But obviously you probably didn't bother to read the rest of my post, or farmernudie's posts.

It's a dumb ass comment because I am the FURTHEST thing from closed minded, and I think the idea is TERRIBLE. I call them like I see them. The Foggy reveal in Daredevil? Brilliant! Spider-Man unmasking? Gimmicky, awful and lame.

Calling someone closed minded to support your argument makes you come off as smug and elitist.

spideylover89 said:
Dude what the hell?!?

Thanks for ignoring mine! *tears of sorrow* :(

I feel like that person in the group that always talks....but nobody listens...it hurts *sniff*

Boy, do I ever have egg on my face. :( :o

Sorry. :(

Cyclops said:
Boy, do I ever have egg on my face. :( :o

Sorry. :(

lol I'm just teasing, it's cool ;)

Seriously though, I couldn't agree more with what you said :up:

Some things never change. I go away and come back and find Cullen and SIAT still fighting, Where's Shinlyle or Stillanerd?

To the topic at hand, I've found the storyline lackluster and see it as an attempt to a) do something shocking b) boost readership. Essentially this makes it part three of Sins Past/The Other Mess.

Cullen said:
Fine. Raising a rukus. Carping. B!tchin' and moanin'. Whatever.
Your first post on this thread, right off the bat, was dismissal of famernude's opinion not based on facts or reason but because he was "closed minded." With your stance in previous threads about people shouting people down, you'd think you might have tried a dissimular tactic.

While your conversation was civil from that point out (not to say you were overly mean, I hasten to add), it doesn't change the fact you did go after him.

Let's all keep in mind, of course, that your "going after him" in this thread really wasn't all that bad. Just irritating.

No, its not raising a rukus. Or carping. Or *****ing and moaning.

And I wasn't calling him close minded. Sheesh.

It's a dumb ass comment because I am the FURTHEST thing from closed minded, and I think the idea is TERRIBLE. I call them like I see them. The Foggy reveal in Daredevil? Brilliant! Spider-Man unmasking? Gimmicky, awful and lame.

Calling someone closed minded to support your argument makes you come off as smug and elitist.

But I wasn't talking about you though. :confused: So, you're the furthest thing from close minded? Ok, now we know. Too bad I wasn't talking about you, or even farmernudie for that matter. I was just generally speaking.

I think we can all agree that most people that don't like the unmasking are not closed minded at all...

And those that do like it (spidey in a tree) are just confused and not in touch with their true inner feelings on comic book publicity scams/ploys. :O :up:

hee...just joshin'.....

...no harm taken here...this was just a thread on some oddball quotes....

Anyways, We can't ALL be blessed with the ability to see thru obvious stunts like this unmasking as well as the ol' nude farmer here. :) I've been unmasked for far too long....

haha....

Now Peter David is putting out a What-If story based upon the Other.

Then maybe we can get mroe nifty quotes from him, about how much we should like his new tale and especially if we're long term fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"