Australian college student takes in his 17 yrs old pregnant homeless cousin

Sorry for the lack of empathy here, but who told the ***** to get pregnant? Was she raped? If that's not the case, then I would have left the girl on the streets. The welfare system is built on the single mother and it eats into the wallets of everyone else (not sure what Australian policy is on subsidies for the poor). Now this girl gets to milk her hard working cousin while caring for this kid and with little education herself if she isn't going back to school. Damn shame.

so the guy who impregnated her isn't at fault here or doesn't share any of the blame at all?

so the guy who impregnated her isn't at fault here or doesn't share any of the blame at all?

I don't believe in entitlements and support payments if there is joint custody. We are assuming the father is feeding the kids and supporting them the days he has them so in that case, why is the mother entitled to more? For the issue of day care costs, education, and large expenses, that is something two logical adults can iron out for their kids. If I man completely neglects those costs, there should be grounds for litigation of course.

I believe the story says the father of the baby is or was in jail.

...probably from something she made him do with her mind games and pheromones. :sly:

I believe the story says the father of the baby is or was in jail.

...probably from something she made him do with her mind games and pheromones. :sly:

I knew I wasn't the only guy that "got it".

The US government spends a large fraction of a near trillion dollars subsidizing families of single parent households. No matter how you want to slice and dice it, it's a gigantic burden on the economy.
This is so laughable it's got to be a troll. A large fraction of a trillion? On subsidizing single parent households? Nowhere near the truth. We spend far, far more on military waste (not even productive military output) than we do on welfare combined for everyone. And the rich own something like 86% of all the wealth in the country. That other 14% goes to the middle class and poor.

Re-think your assumptions before you jump on the welfare is bad bandwagon.

The cousin is quite literally illiterate. She does not know how to read or write above a gradeschool level and you want to rant on about how she's milking the system? She's the very definition of needing welfare, not your scorn.

Though reading through the rest of this thread, I suspect nothing approaching reason will phase you to accept this idealogy is inaccurate and deeply flawed.

I do go back to my original assumption: It's trolling.

This is so laughable it's got to be a troll. A large fraction of a trillion? On subsidizing single parent households? Nowhere near the truth. We spend far, far more on military waste (not even productive military output) than we do on welfare combined for everyone. And the rich own something like 86% of all the wealth in the country. That other 14% goes to the middle class and poor.

Re-think your assumptions before you jump on the welfare is bad bandwagon.

The cousin is quite literally illiterate. She does not know how to read or write above a gradeschool level and you want to rant on about how she's milking the system? She's the very definition of needing welfare, not your scorn.

Though reading through the rest of this thread, I suspect nothing approaching reason will phase you to accept this idealogy is inaccurate and deeply flawed.

I do go back to my original assumption: It's trolling.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/year_spending_2015USbn_16bs2n_4041_609_605#usgs302

Numbers are all there for US government spending. If you go through it and add up all the federal and state spending geared toward low income single parent households and child care, it's a noticeable fraction of a trillion dollars. So yeah... trolling.

The cousin chose to do drugs as a teen and drop out of school. That's her illiterate self's fault. She also chose to have sex and get pregnant, that's her and her lover's fault (who is in jail). The teen cousin is a druggie that put herself in the situation she is in. She deserves to be shamed but she also deserves assistance for life's basic necessities like shelter, food, water, and clothing. It's wrong to let people die on the streets no matter how or why they got there. Have SOME compassion.

Happy medium. The End.

Last edited:
I'm confused on how this is news? or noteworthy? It's a great thing.. but taking care of sick or needy family is just sorta "normal" ? am i missing something?

I'm confused on how this is news? or noteworthy? It's a great thing.. but taking care of sick or needy family is just sorta "normal" ? am i missing something?

Probably not abnormal to some people, but I guess it was like if you had a little cousin you've known since she was a baby until around 7, and you absolutely adore her but for whatever reason you lose contact with that part of your extended family for the next 10 years. Then 10 years later, your life is going pretty well, and then you discover this little girl has found herself in a more troubled path. It can be quite sobering, especially if everyone else in the family has basically turned their back on her.

Probably not abnormal to some people, but I guess it was like if you had a little cousin you've known since she was a baby until around 7, and you absolutely adore her but for whatever reason you lose contact with that part of your extended family for the next 10 years. Then 10 years later, your life is going pretty well, and then you discover this little girl has found herself in a more troubled path. It can be quite sobering, especially if everyone else in the family has basically turned their back on her.

I get all that.. and it's uplifting.. which is nice.. just kinda shocked it was a headlining news article and even more shocked there's a thread about it on the hype...

makes me think "what's next" Sister Donates Kidney to brother", "Family adopts puppies?"... yeah i'm being a little cynical.. but this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

I think the only thing selling this story is unfortunately the "reconnecting on facebook" angle...

Though i think the much better story (in this category) is the recent story of the mother being told her child had died at birth, and meeting her 40 years later...

How does a homeless person have facebook? If she's illiterate, how does she post anything?

^Ever seen the Honey Boo Boo family's facebook posts? They seem to be functionally illiterate, yet they still post there. Doesn't mean that what they write is at all coherent but still...

How does a homeless person have facebook? If she's illiterate, how does she post anything?

You'd be amazed. I'm sure homeless shelters today have connected computers for communal use. And as for being illiterate, that's no obstacle to posting. I've seen some shockers in my own Facebook feed… stuff that makes you wonder where the money goes in our education system.

You'd be amazed. I'm sure homeless shelters today have connected computers for communal use. And as for being illiterate, that's no obstacle to posting. I've seen some shockers in my own Facebook feed… stuff that makes you wonder where the money goes in our education system.

Keeping people illiterate so that they will not be informed on subjects such as taxation and redistribution.

Good on that student. It was a very awesome thing he did. He was being a kind and considerate human being...something more people could learn from instead of being asses and dragging humanity down the crappy gene pool.

First question: a lot of homeless people can access the internet and computers through their local library. Also shelters and some employment agencies as well. It's important, because computer skills are among the fastest and easiest way to get people jobs and off the streets.

Second question: have you read what 17-year olds post on social media? Literacy is not a requirement.

I'm looking at it through my glasses...if I were homeless, facebook would be about the last thing on my mind. I have no idea what her motives or reasons were. I hate facebook as it is anyways...

Weren't you leaving us for another forum? :whatever:

I guess this is the only forum you post on. But when you are ready to see the light, come on board. MGTOW's don't judge a man's past life.

Sorry for the lack of empathy here, but who told the ***** to get pregnant? Was she raped? If that's not the case, then I would have left the girl on the streets. The welfare system is built on the single mother and it eats into the wallets of everyone else (not sure what Australian policy is on subsidies for the poor). Now this girl gets to milk her hard working cousin while caring for this kid and with little education herself if she isn't going back to school. Damn shame.

What's the other option? Should her cousin and the government have thrown her to the street? What about the ****ING UNBORN CHILD. Are you really gonna try and convince me that babies don't deserve a chance at a decent life because of the possible transgressions of their parents? That is evil.

Jesus, an act of selfless kindness is not a "damn shame."

The idiocy a simple news story has drawn out of the slimy rock it crawled out from under is astounding.

What's the other option? Should her cousin and the government have thrown her to the street? What about the ****ING UNBORN CHILD. Are you really gonna try and convince me that babies don't deserve a chance at a decent life because of the possible transgressions of their parents? That is evil.

Jesus, an act of selfless kindness is not a "damn shame."

Don't have the kid... but that's not my prerogative. The other option is foster care, because clearly the girl is not fit to be a mother without some serious support. She got lucky. Good for her. It's not my money. The older cousin can spend it how he desires.

If I had a little cousin in this situation, she could probably guilt trip me pretty easily. My logic would be, "what better way could I possibly spend my money?" But the problem never had to manifest in the first place if discretion was used well beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"