Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Avengers World' started by RealIrOnMaN, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Fans are extremely petty, spoiled, and stupid sometimes.

Nothing lasts forever. Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got 52 episodes which is likely more than anything on DC Nation is going to get at this point. Disney is at least supporting Marvel unlike Cartoon Network.

2. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Are we still fighting over this, I thought we where in 2013 and we have accepted the unfortunate change? I want avengers EMHS to continue and I believe they could have with new animation, but Jeph Loab and company are going for a different root unfortunately for that show.

So what the hell is all this fanboys being spoiled and stupid coming from now?

That news from the site is just to prepare people, letting them know it's not a continuation (I didn't believe it in the first place), for something new.

3. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

"Avengers Assemble" is probably better off not being a continuation of EMH. The look, the feel, the sound, the different voice actors (with the exception of Fred Tatasciore as Hulk), I don't think it would have synced properly with EMH.

4. bigdaddy313

Most definitely that's true, I feel the story quality will reduce (not by much). But I am 100% sure that the animation will be vastly superior.

So it's best to start fresh, I don't want any connection with the two as much as I would love a continuation of AMHS but I will watch this definitely.

And I am in the position where I take what I can get due to the fact that Young Justice and Green Lantern The Animated Series that I follow so much is gone after the season is over.

5. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm sure it won't be.

6. Sneakronicity

Sneakronicity Well-Known Member

I just hope they give us a little preview sometime soon. I'm very much looking forward to more animated Avengers. If it's going to premiere in the Spring there should soon be something they can show us.

7. TheVileOne

Red Skull, The Leader, and Wolverine will all likely appear in the show at some point.

8. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Remember when we were assured the Avengers: EMH had low ratings and that Ultimate Spider-Man was beating it? Well, that was a lie, according to DisneyXD's own press releases.

A lot of us suspected this and now it's confirmed. Loeb and Quesada engineered the cancellation of a show that their own network's press release touts as a "hit series" that was the network's #1 in total viewers. The show is dead so this is all moot now, but those websites like Bleeding Cool that jumped to XD's defense ought to man up and admit they were wrong.

9. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Loeb and Quesada have simply become the enemies of good things. A shame they have so much power at Marvel. They brought in Quesada during a time of turmoil. Well, that time is over. His methods don't match what we need right now.

10. TheVileOne

Geez enough with the crybaby BS. They didn't engineer anything. They didn't engineer the cancellation. The show got 52 episodes ordered and they got made. They made a new show that was closer to the movie. Get the heck over it.

Xeno000, what was the lie? When did Loeb, Quesada, or anyone in charge of Marvel say the show was getting low ratings or that Ultimate Spider-Man was beating it. Give out some actual facts instead of some fake nonsense made up by Marvel TV News, strugler, and the rest.

From the same article and what was ignored:

Haters will twist anything around to suit their illogical hatred and whims.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  11. bigdaddy313

Well the shows did well even though, none of them reached a million views like other shows from cartoon network and Nickelodeon.

Lets see if avengers assemble passes a million mark. I want them to be in the same league of viewership like young justice, legend of korra and teenage mutant ninja turtles that all reached the 3 million mark. I believe Marvel is very powerful enough to reach those heights.

So I am guessing total viewership of Ultimate Spider-man is 698,000 while Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes is 847,000

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  12. xeno000

I knew before I posted that you would be the first person to weigh in and try to police opinions here, like you always have. You were here when the whole controversy over the ratings happened trying to force people not to discuss it, so you know very well what the deal was. What you highlighted were USM's demo ratings, not the overall number which has always been lower than EMH. I'm not going to track down everything that was said at the time, but the people at XD did indeed maintain that EMH had lower ratings overall than USM.

You can blather about haters all you want, but that does not change the bottom line: EMH had DisneyXD's highest ratings for an anmated series. Period.

13. TheVileOne

The key demos which Ultimate Spider-Man was higher than Avengers. Once again you can't put together any actual facts or legitimate quotes to support your false arguments.

Avengers might've had the higher viewership, but if Ultimate Spider-Man was higher in the key demos, that means Avengers was clearly lower. Networks and advertisers care more about the key demos.

What you said in bold is a lie and you have no actual evidence to back it up. No one at Disney XD ever said that about Avengers and I guarantee you will not find anything to back that up but feel free.

So what is your point? Show was a success and now they are making another Avengers show. So we are getting more Avengers animation. So where is the problem?

14. TheVileOne

Unfortunately that won't happen. Disney XD is not in as many homes as Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, or Cartoon Network so their viewership will never be as high. If they put these shows on Disney Channel that could change.

15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Well that won't happen. I think because of the film, it will get a better ratings than previously.

16. TheVileOne

Hopefully, but you won't ever see it get higher numbers than around the 800K-1 million range on Disney XD. The accessibility just isn't there.

17. Mr. Dent

Just as well. I still haven't seen them produce anything that can match Adventure Time, Young Justice, Amazing World of Gumbo, Looney Tunes, Korra, etc because it seems like the people at Disney and Marvel feel cartoons have to be ******ed and completely aligned towards 5 year olds.

18. Mr. Dent

Oh please, they obviously cancelled it. Go back and watch the final episodes of the show. The creative team obviously thought they were going to be getting an additional season to bring the series to 64 episodes when production on season 2 began as they set up numerous plots such as Registration Act and Kree/Skrull war but had to change their plans midway because Loeb and Quesada cancelled it. They only want to capitalize off of the movie and don't care about the fans enough to let EMH run its course.

19. strugler

strugler Hadoken

What the hell is wrong with you dude????

STOP THE F*** ATTACKING ME EVERYTIME YOU TRY TO PLAY ATTORNEY FOR MARVEL, Quesada AND LOEB.

LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR BS.

I said it before and i will say it again: I did not make any BS and why would i???? everything that appeared on marvel tv news was facts and got proven now so leave me alone please and don't talk to me nor mention me. I tried to be nice to you, i even sent you a message telling you its ok we had our differences now lets act like adults, but you clearly do not want to, so ignore me and STOP CALLING ME A LIAR EVERYTIME YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT!!!!!

20. strugler

strugler Hadoken

You have better chances convincing a wall than the vile one. He takes it very personal when someone dares to not like the new marvel animated series. Get ready to a whole lot of this when Hulk and The agents of SMASH debut and people start complaining.

And yes you are right, the showrunners had hoped a new season will come out but things changed once loeb took charge.

Loeb is not trying to destroy what we love, its the whole direction Marvel and DisneyXD are wanting from animated series that is.

So it is not just loeb and quesada. And it hink this is the new trend for animated series, i mean look at Young Justice and Green Lantern, people used to say look at those marvel and look at what you did with Ultimate Spidey, but now they got cancelled.

I think we are in for a lot of disappointments in terms of animated series, whether we are Marvel fans or DC fans. Just like back at the 90's the trend was to make cartoons feel more mature, dark and serious, the 2010's is about making cartoon for young kids, with ADD and cheap humor, that ONLY the kids will enjoy.

I still have hope for avengers Assemble though.

21. r0derix

r0derix Well-Known Member

How about this tweet from Joe Quesada from June:
    "But USM is the #1 animated show on DXD and we're incredibly happy about that."

He did not say number one in the demographics. He said number one. That was a lie according to this new press release.

22. TheVileOne

Amazing World of Gumball? Have you actually watched that show.

Guess what Mr. Dent. Young Justice just got cancelled. It got less episodes than The Avengers. Green Lantern? Also cancelled.

So you failed on all counts there.

23. TheVileOne

No its not. That was as of last June. And per the demographics it was. The claim from Xeno000 was that Disney XD and Marvel claimed that The Avengers was getting too low ratings.

That claim was likely accurate as of June. This release was for overall 2012. And Ultimate Spider-Man was still number one in the key demos, so care to try again?

24. r0derix

r0derix Well-Known Member

:sigh: Whatever you gotta keep telling yourself man. I guess if you repeat something enough you will believe it.

25. xeno000

Some people will just stick to their beliefs even when it's proven that they are lies. The folks over at Bleeding Cool certainly did, going so far as to publish the name and address of a fansite owner in an attempt to smear him. Vile One will jump to XD's defense whenever he gets even a whiff of criticism for the channel or its shows. They act like they have some sort of vested interest in backing Quesada and Loeb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.