The Avengers Avengers deleted and altered scenes

drmick

Civilian
Reaction score
Didnt see a thread for this.

Noticed a few differences from the trailers.

Stark's "millionaire genius playboy philanthropist" line is said very differently from the trailer.

And maybe I missed it, but Black Widow's standing with her back to an explosion with wasn't in there.

Didnt see a thread for this.

Noticed a few differences from the trailers.

Stark's "millionaire genius playboy philanthropist" line is said very differently from the trailer.

And maybe I missed it, but Black Widow's standing with her back to an explosion with wasn't in there.

Stark's line was the same in the movie.

Fury's "and we are hopelessly outgunned" is a different shot

The words were the same. The way they were said and even the camera angle were different. Much more hostile.

The scenes with the military weren't there

A few more, correct me if I'm wrong:
-Scene with Cap on the railing and Iron Man below from Trailer 1 was not the exact same as in the movie (even actor shots not the same) and the background was heavily edited (much more damage on the Helicarrier than shown in trailer).
-Quick shot in Trailer 2 of SHIELD soldiers aiming at Indian hut was not in movie, only the birdseye view made it.
-Coulson's "I think they need a timeout" line never made final cut.
-Loki's line "...that you call on such lost creatures to defend you" in Trailer 2 was said while he was in the Helicarrier cage, not when confronting Tony in his tower.
-Cap in an alley throwing shield towards camera in a TV spot never made final cut.

There were also a handful of lines in the TV spots that were altered from the movie (voiceovers) but the actual footages was still the same.

T"Challa;23068095 said:

Did NONE of the military shots make the final cut? I saw the movie twice and even I can't remember if they left a couple quick ones in there or not, lol.

Did NONE of the military shots make the final cut? I saw the movie twice and even I can't remember if they left a couple quick ones in there or not, lol.

Some of them did. There's a quick shot either before or after Cap enters the bank to rescue the hostages. Either way, it's late in the final battle.

Different take of 'You've got a mean swing'.

And didn't the story book show Steve frozen? Not in the movie

In the teaser on the end of cap, there was footage of Widow throwing out the widow sting's on what looked like the helicarrier. Was that in the movie? I don't remember.

There were quick shots of Cap being defrosted in both his flashbacks in the gym and I believe also in the files Coulson gave Tony to review at his tower.

A lot actually. Gentlemen, and you're up, are from 2 different scenes and for different characters whilst in the trailer it's used at once during the scene where they are all in the helicarrier. Thors laugh, in the film they used a very odd camera angle and it was in the middle of a line but in the middle of the trailer it seemed like he laughs straight aftrr Tony talks.
Same with the Tony and Loki scene, he laughs in the middle of a line which preceded the 'we have a hulk' line.

- Black Widow with the explosions in the background
- Black Widow launching some kind of discs (one in each hand)
- Nick Fury : "I still believe in heroes"
- Teaser after Captain America: the scene where Iron Man flies over a desert
- Captain America Reading a Letter (Peggy?) => The illustrated book Avengers

Spot "Balance"

[YT]XzIPRtdJzZw[/YT]

- 7 second : the plan with Mjolnir was cut (?)
- 10-11 seconds: the scene with Iron Man is new (?)

Joss was saying in an interview that while Steve's punching that punching bag he's suppused to flashback to different things in the past to present. THAT scene was supposed to be a flashback.

The flashback by the way that makes him break the Chain is Fury telling him he'd been asleep for 70 years.

There was a brief shot of a few military turning up towards the end of the battle.

The Cap Thor fighting together was really cut short. :csad:

Yeah, the sentence is the same but the way he says it in the actual movie is very different as opposed to how he says it in the trailer.

Also another minor difference is what Cap says to Tony. He says "Big man in a suit of armour, take that away and what are you?" in the trailer/s, in the movie he says "Big man in a suit of armour, take that off and what are you?".

I just saw the movie and I'll swear blind that's a different take. I'm sure he delivers the same lines, but just in a different manner, different emotion. In the trailers it's more like he's just taking the p*** out of Cap and in the movie he says it like he's just a sentence or two from punching Cap.

There are a few more things I spotted in the final movie, but I can't really think of them right now.

Last edited:
I just saw the movie and I'll swear blind that's a different take. I'm sure he delivers the same lines, but just in a different manner, different emotion. In the trailers it's more like he's just taking the p*** out of Cap and in the movie he says it like he's just a sentence or two from punching Cap.

It is a different take. It has less of a jokey tone to it and it's also said slower.

Define short? like the youtube clip length short lol
You remember the footage we saw during the set shoots? They could have just lifted it as is. Looked so awesome. The part they left in I didn't like as much as [BLACKOUT]Cap gets injured straightaway and we don't see the two of them fighting back to back and kicking ash.[/BLACKOUT]

I can't remember Maria Hills "Who would bring these people together and not expect what happened?" line in the movie

Like SuperSAINT comments, i missed that scene from TFA after credits teaser:

2hgb85f.jpg

Last edited:
T"Challa;23068095 said:

I noticed that. They were there, but quick flashes of them (Near the end I think). There was a lot of focus on the cops, especially the scene where

Captain America gives the cops orders to save the cilivians, and they don't trust him, until they see Cap take down some Chitari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"