The Avengers Avengers Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the trailer felt pretty damn epic to me. But for some reason it looked more like a TV special than a cinema masterpiece.

Yep, you're not the only one who thinks that either.

Shooting the film in 1.85 was not a grand idea, in my opinion.

Am I the only one who felt Tony's line about avenging the planet was a little cheesy?

Eh, probably December, TDK's and Inceptions Trailers were both in December for a 3rd weekend July release. Heck Inceptions was actually with the first Sherlock Holmes. I think its a sure bet that something batman related will be with the next one.

Trailer looked goooood full size on my TV.

Am I the only one who felt Tony's line about avenging the planet was a little cheesy?
Very. I hope it's cut 'cause I'll just chuckle. :hehe:

By the way, does anyone think that Fury's line "We get ready." is actually one of the last lines of the movie? Some type of cliffhanger of a villain leading to another movie?

not just cheesy but ridiculous in its implications. Hey humanity, sorry if we cant help, but we'll most definitely get pay back!

Still not seeing how this looks like a TV show instead of film....

Oh, right, Joss Whedon comes from television, so of course. :whatever:

Found the link that I was looking for! :oldrazz:

dsc00002ztv.jpg

dsc00003ni.jpg

dsc00004wq.jpg

Mine too! :woot:

Just put it up on my PS3 in 1080p, looks awesome :awesome: I'm surprised there's so much footage in this "teaser".

A lot of the dialogue felt cheesy and weak in my opinion.

I'm okay with most of the dialogue, but what Stark says to Banner was just..dumb. His exchange with Cap was good. The avenging line is corny, but works. But, what he says to Banner....just flat out stupid.

I'm okay with most of the dialogue, but what Stark says to Banner was just..dumb. His exchange with Cap was good. The avenging line is corny, but works. But, what he says to Banner....just flat out stupid.

I thought it was hilarious, hence it became my new sig., but I can see why some find it corny. It sounded like it was edited though, I wonder if when the theatrical version comes out, if it sounds more natural or if they left out a line or something.

I saw it as Tony just trying to piss-off Banner to Hulkout.

IMO Wheadon is about the only guy who could have done it, because most people just wouldn't believe in the project.

Take Green Lantern for example. That should have been a F***** amazing film! Martin Campbell is an awesome director, but he didn't care or believe in the film. He was the wrong guy for the job, wheras someone like an Abrams or a Wheadon would fit well in the catagory, because they accell at making the unbelievable seem believeable.

Singer made two great X-men films and a crappy Superman film. Was he a bad director? no, but it was a bad fit.

Wheadon is the perfect guy for this job.

Agreed! 100%!
I've tried explain ing that here in the past that you just can't assume a proven and talented director is gonna knock it out of the park if he is put on a comic project. I'm not gonna blame Campbell 100% for GL. It had moments I could see the potential. I blame the bulk of the failure of GL on the script and the suits. They wanted a paint by numbers approach. I swear GL felt like a check list of what had to be there.

The only reason I'm given Whedon a chance is because I know the guy's passion and he's a comic fan and have written some pretty decent issues. Otherwise based on his history I'd far more upset with him on board. I still don't have faith that Whedon is gonna knock it out of the park but because he has done some entertaining tv I feel at the least we'll get an Avengers flick that doesn't suck and is entertaining. A great film? The jury is very very much out for me that he is going to pull off a game changer.

Last edited:
I thought it was hilarious, hence it became my new sig., but I can see why some find it corny. It sounded like it was edited though, I wonder if when the theatrical version comes out, if it sounds more natural or if they left out a line or something.
"...your work..." Not "you are work". ;) :oldrazz:

God, why do you hate the movie so much!?!?!?!? :oldrazz:

All of Fury's lines were weak, Stark's "genius..." line felt unnatural, the "avenge" line is corny and the Banner line is stupid. Apart from Loki's voice over the best dialogue is Thor laughing. :csad:

I guess I had my hopes up to hear how these characters would sound and am pretty let down as a result.

The dialogue was fine . Nothing was cheesy.

All of Fury's lines were weak, Stark's "genius..." line felt unnatural, the "avenge" line is corny and the Banner line is stupid. Apart from Loki's voice over the best dialogue is Thor laughing. :csad:

I guess I had my hopes up to hear how these characters would sound and am pretty let down as a result.

I thought the dialogue was the weakest part of the trailer. I was left going:

:dry: WTF? Really? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"