The Avengers Avengers Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody has b*tched about the Dutch angles yet ..... there were plenty of them in this first teaser/trailer.

I thought the dialogue was the weakest part of the trailer. I was left going:

:dry: WTF? Really? :confused:

Forgot about the "So when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could." SLJ was a little weak in his delivery on that one. There's a weird stutter/pause in the middle of it like he forgot the line. LOL.

Agreed! 100%!
I've tried explain ing that here in the past that you just can't assume a proven and talented director is gonna knock it out of the park if he is put on a comic project. I'm not gonna blame Campbell 100% for GL. It had moments I could see the potential. I blame the bulk of the failure of GL on the script and the suits. They wanted a paint by numbers approach. I swear GL felt like a check list of what had to be there.

The only reason I'm given Whedon a chance is because I know the guy's passion and he's a comic fan and have written some pretty decent issues. Otherwise based on his history I'd far more upset with him on board. I still don't have faith that Whedon is gonna knock it out of the park but because he has done some entertaining tv I feel at the least we'll get an Avengers flick that doesn't suck and is entertaining. A great film? The jury is very very much out for me that he is going to pull off a game changer.

Yeah I don't blamd Campbell 100% either, but I do think he was the wrong guy for that project. It's all about getting the right director with the right vision and the right screen play.

Yes the jury is still out on Whedon, but I pointed out that there was a huge question over Raimi before the first Spider-man film as well.

No risk no reward and sometimes you got to give people a shot who might not normally be the person you'd go to.

Now some of you are nitpicking. Cheesy dialogue?? Really? I just didn't get that. I guess it should be Shakespearian?

Forgot about the "So when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could." SLJ was a little weak in his delivery on that one. There's a weird stutter/pause in the middle of it like he forgot the line. LOL.

:funny: It was just flat out bad.

It reminded me of the Dark of The Moon trailer. I love Prime but that line was one of worst in cinematic history. It made no sense.

Good action scenes. The dialogue did leave something to be desired.

Wow, how suprising. People with profiles decked out in TDKR not liking this trailer. Same goes with those on IMDB and Comic Book Movie. Anyways, the complaints about this teaser have been laughable at best. You are all entitled to your opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't foolish.

-The music? Really, the music on a teaser trailer half a year + before the movie even comes out? We don't even know who is scoring the movie but you all expect John freaking Williams and Hans Zimmer. This song was fine and fit the teaser. A rock song for a franchise that has always embraced rock music since day one with Jon Favreau. People whining about this are just looking for something to gripe about.

-Tony Stark having alot of scenes in the teaser. So what? He is the most popular and flamboyant character in the movie. They did the same thing with the Joker in TDK. RDJ built the Marvel Studios brand. For the record, the trailer showed nearly as much Nick Fury as it did Tony Stark.

-Explosions = Michael Bay movie now?

-Why do some of you want MORE stuff to be shown? This teaser shows plenty without spoiling the entire movie. Thor vs Cap, Tony vs Loki, Tony vs Cap leadership struggle, possible Black Widow/Loki mind control, etc. What more do you need to see? Thor punching Kang in the nuts? Hulk picking up Thor's hammer? Thanos talking? Red Skull coming back to suprise everybody? Coulsen revealing himself as a Skrull?

This trailer was boss and that's all that needs to be said. The action looks good, the story looks good, and the character relationships are going to be interesting. This is everything we wanted. Alot of people here and other places on the web should just avoid seeing this movie though. You aren't going to like it because A) you are a hater/jealous/bitter/DC fan or B) have built this movie up to such lofty standards that it pretty much has to be Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Heat, Star Wars, TDK, and Citizen Kane rolled into one.

Now some of you are nitpicking. Cheesy dialogue?? Really? I just didn't get that. I guess it should be Shakespearian?

It's not nitpicking. The lines sound poorly delivered and extremely cheesy. It's our opinions.

Wow, how suprising. People with profiles decked out in TDKR not liking this trailer. Same goes with those on IMDB and Comic Book Movie. Anyways, the complaints about this teaser have been laughable at best. You are all entitled to your opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't foolish.

-The music? Really, the music on a teaser trailer half a year + before the movie even comes out? We don't even know who is scoring the movie but you all expect John freaking Williams and Hans Zimmer. This song was fine and fit the teaser. A rock song for a franchise that has always embraced rock music since day one with Jon Favreau. People whining about this are just looking for something to gripe about.

-Tony Stark having alot of scenes in the teaser. So what? He is the most popular and flamboyant character in the movie. They did the same thing with the Joker in TDK. RDJ built the Marvel Studios brand. For the record, the trailer showed nearly as much Nick Fury as it did Tony Stark.

-Explosions = Michael Bay movie now?

-Why do some of you want MORE stuff to be shown? This teaser shows plenty without spoiling the entire movie. Thor vs Cap, Tony vs Loki, Tony vs Cap leadership struggle, possible Black Widow/Loki mind control, etc. What more do you need to see? Thor punching Kang in the nuts? Hulk picking up Thor's hammer? Thanos talking? Red Skull coming back to suprise everybody? Coulsen revealing himself as a Skrull?

This trailer was boss and that's all that needs to be said. The action looks good, the story looks good, and the character relationships are going to be interesting. This is everything we wanted. Alot of people here and other places on the web should just avoid seeing this movie though. You aren't going to like it because A) you are a hater/jealous/bitter/DC fan or B) have built this movie up to such lofty standards that it pretty much has to be Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Heat, Star Wars, TDK, and Citizen Kane rolled into one.

:waa: is all I got from this rant.

I don't think the dialogue was cheesy. It's a movie about a team of superheroes in costumes, with fantasy names... a little bit of that is obviously going to translate into words too.
Besides, there almost no dialogues either, just highly quotable one-liners. They might not even be on the final movie, so why bother?
Just enjoy the trailer for what it is, it is definetely not a way to judge a movie, or parts, or departments of it, like dialogue and stuff.
This exact same conversations happen every time there's a trailer of a long-awaited movie.
I'll judge the movie in May. (April here).

It reminded me of the Dark of The Moon trailer. I love Prime but that line was one of worst in cinematic history. It made no sense.

How is this any different than,

-"People are dying. What would you have me do?
"Endure, you can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else will face. The right choice. Gotham needs you."

Ooooooh, what brilliant writing there!

Just admit that your are going out of your way to trash this movie early because of bias. It's obvious at this point.

-

I don't think the dialogue was cheesy. It's a movie about a team of superheroes in costumes, with fantasy names... a little bit of that is obviously going to translate into words too.
Besides, there almost no dialogues either, just highly quotable one-liners. They might not even be on the final movie, so why bother?
Just enjoy the trailer for what it is, it is definetely not a way to judge a movie, or parts, or departments of it, like dialogue and stuff.
This exact same conversations happen every time there's a trailer of a long-awaited movie.
I'll judge the movie in May. (April here).

Uhhh apparently you DID judge the movie, just differently from some others.

I still think Gordon's speech at the end of TDK was pretty bad. Not so much because of what he said (though it is partly the reason) but because he wasted it on his snot nosed brat who probably only understood half of what he was talking about.

Jackson's/Fury speech during the trailer reminds me of that.

Last edited:
How is this any different than,

-"People are dying. What would you have me do?
"Endure, you can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else will face. The right choice. Gotham needs you."

Ooooooh, what brilliant writing there!

Just admit that your are going out of your way to trash this movie early because of bias. It's obvious at this point.

-

Thank you for proving my point.

:waa: is all I got from this rant.

of course thats all you got from it because you are a borderline troll trying to rain on the Avengers parade. All these years on this website and I still cannot understand why Batman fans in general are so predictable. They have been hating on Marvel movies since Iron Man at every orifice of the internet.

I still think Gordon's speech at the end of TDK was pretty bad. Not so much because of what he said (though it is partly the reason) but because he wasted them on his snot nosed brat who probably only understood half of what he was talking about.

Okay, what does this have to do with The Avengers? Zilch.

I still think Gordon's speech at the end of TDK was pretty bad. Not so much because of what he said (though it is partly the reason) but because he wasted it on his snot nosed brat who probably only understood half of what he was talking about.

This made me :funny:

And yeah, we can criticize the music as it's used in the trailer. Doesn't mean the movie will suck. Just that Marvel's marketing dept isn't up to snuff with cutting trailers. :oldrazz: The rhythm and integration was just...wrong. Maybe it was the wrong NIN song too, for that matter. :o

ANYWAYS, the jury's still out for stuff that's actually important. :yay:

I'm sure the line was broken up to sync with the clips. I can't immagine he delivered it that way. Hell even William Shatner has better dramatic timing than that.

I stopped reading right there.

Thank you for undermining my opinion like that. And thank you for making it so clear early on. You just spared me having to read your opinion, which I couldn't care less about now that I've seen how dismissive you are of others'.

of course thats all you got from it because you are a borderline troll trying to rain on the Avengers parade. All these years on this website and I still cannot understand why Batman fans in general are so predictable. They have been hating on Marvel movies since Iron Man at every orifice of the internet.

:lmao: And they called the Batforums insane...

You've made assumptions based on my signature. How original. If you bothered to read my comments beforehand, you'd know I'm a fan of both companies but whatever...

I didn't judge the movie! That's the whole point of my post!

Oh I'm sorry, I meant you judged "elements" of the movie just like everyone else is doing based on what we've been shown .... one of which was "the dialogue wasn't cheesy" ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"