Avi is no superhero.

Toxin said:
I loved X3, to be honest with you, and the way Phoenix was portrayed (no spoilers) made a whole lot more sense to me than trying to fit the actual storyline in, although how she seemed to be just along for the ride was disconcerting - to be honest, I'm expecting things to not be like the comics.

I understand that there are certain liberties to be taken with these stories.

It's the best thing for everyone that they didn't faithfully adapt the Dark Phoenix Saga for The Last Stand - a big romping space adventure wouldn't have fit the theme of the first two films.

But the Dark Phoenix story, I think, deserved to be front and center here. Instead, what we got was the Phoenix as a plot device - she stands around and looks confused or menacing or in thought or whatever until the script calls for
someone to be killed
or a quick escalation in the plot. Oh, and to make Wolverine all angsty.

I don't think that they should have adapted the Dark Phoenix Saga word for word, but what we got was a shadow of what it could have been. The Phoenix was used as a plot device and nothing more.

Visionary said:
I like X-Men 3 a lot.:xmen: :xmen: :xmen:

I'm not saying it was a horrible movie, I just approched in like a What If..? story. I was refering to the deviation from the comics. Like I woudn't expect a true to comics Venom, if he is in the movie.

Have read Spider-Man's comics in the last decade or more, I approach those comics as a WHAT IF...?

Mister Gone said:
I just got back from X-Men 3 and I have to say we may have a lot to worry about as far as keeping Spider-Man 3 true to the comics. Every time some one brings up an idea that has some proof behind it but strays from canon, folks use Avi Arid as proof that it will stay true to the comics.
Anyone who has seen X-Men 3 (which should be the vast majority of folks posting) knows that even though AA was involved, there were a lot of liberties taken with the story. Now, I am by no means a purist when it comes to superhero flicks, but a lot of people here are. We may need to start recognizing the more outlandish claims as possability, if the peices fit. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

WTF??? These two movies have nothing to do with one another, production-wise. And Avi Arad, in reality, has nothing to do with the movies at all. He is nothing more than a figurehead that people must go to for "approval" from time to time. Sony does NOT take instruction from Arad. Try the other way around. He is allowed to walk around and act important... that allows Sony to keep him out of the way of the actual production of the movies. He's like that crazy uncle that nobody wants to admit to, but you still have to invite him to the family reunion.

Pagrebo said:
WTF??? These two movies have nothing to do with one another, production-wise. And Avi Arad, in reality, has nothing to do with the movies at all. He is nothing more than a figurehead that people must go to for "approval" from time to time. Sony does NOT take instruction from Arad. Try the other way around. He is allowed to walk around and act important... that allows Sony to keep him out of the way of the actual production of the movies. He's like that crazy uncle that nobody wants to admit to, but you still have to invite him to the family reunion.
LOL, so true...and he's not even a real producer...he's a toy maker.:D

Secret_Riddle said:
avi arad has made great and bad marvel movies. he is very hit and miss but hes alot better then wat we cud have ..(it worries me sort of that he has resigned) but his spiderman contributions were a hit so that will most likely continue..also x3 has a lot of other problems other then arad..avi may have saved x3 from being utter garbage (in my books its average) because wen singer left he had to act very fast with the dead lines fox presented. im glad arad is still on spiderman 3.
Wait, Avi Resigned from Marvel?

BatJeff7786 said:
Wait, Avi Resigned from Marvel?

He resigned from his current position, he is taking over a new position with Marvel that will be in charge of the new film production deal Marvel has with Paramount.

Mister Gone said:
I just got back from X-Men 3 and I have to say we may have a lot to worry about as far as keeping Spider-Man 3 true to the comics. Every time some one brings up an idea that has some proof behind it but strays from canon, folks use Avi Arid as proof that it will stay true to the comics.
Anyone who has seen X-Men 3 (which should be the vast majority of folks posting) knows that even though AA was involved, there were a lot of liberties taken with the story. Now, I am by no means a purist when it comes to superhero flicks, but a lot of people here are. We may need to start recognizing the more outlandish claims as possability, if the peices fit. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
X3 was more true to the comics than X1 and X2...people were just shocked at the end result of a rushed production and 3 director, writing and other staff changes. Spider-Man 3 will be great. Raimi knows what he is doing. X3 was still a good movie IMO. Arad really has no ultimate decisions in the aspects of how Sony, Fox, etc... handle a Marvel character movie. So to place the ultimate blame on his is wrong. It is ultimately the studio, director, writer, and editor's faults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"