Bale rumored 60 Mil to do Batman

hadi

Civilian
Reaction score
well Bale says he will not do another batman movie without Nolan. But since the release of the Title "Superman VS. Batman" from Zach Snyder. Zach wants a continuity of the DC films and its rumored they offered Bale 60 mil. Now I think it would be so epic to see Cavill and Bale on the same Theater Screen. Even though everything is leaked on the internet now a days, it would be awesome if whoever was playing bruce or batman that they would keep it very secrete like JJ. Abrams when he filmed and directed those monster movies like Super 8 or Cloverfield. For the teaser trailers an idea would be to always show footage of the back side of batman or certain body parts.

Just a dream I have.

I think this was another Keaton situation. Think about this, Keaton wanted 50 million back in 94 for Forever. FIFTY MILLION back in 1994.... 60 million wouldn't be close to covering it. I think Bale wanted commission. It's just wasn't going to be worth it for WB.

Last edited:
Gee, I'd hope not. Not to disparage the Nolan series or anything, but I'm ready to move beyond Bale's take. Perhaps it's because of how the films were constructed, but I never felt Bale was the ideal Batman, even putting aside the voice thing. Add to that obvious continuity friction with TDKR, and it doesn't look good to me.

while this is a smart move (if it's true) I am hoping for a more comic version of Batman

I read,the they offered Bale not 60 but 50 million. One of us made a mistake.

Though I apologize for grammatical mistakes. I'm not very good at English :)

I read,the they offered Bale not 60 but 50 million. One of us made a mistake.

Though I apologize for grammatical mistakes. I'm not very good at English :)

It's all good! $10 Million differential is nothing...
:whatever:

Actually, as of 12:09:37 ET today, WB upped there offer to Christian and offered Bale 100 million with performance clauses that could possibly bump it all the way to ONE BILLION DOLLARS! Included in the deal was a section stating that Christian Bale could AT ANYTIME claim the fist born son of three families of his choosing to do with as he wishes. There was also a rumor saying how Bale would star in all 237 minutes of the Batman VS Superman film but I personally don't believe this part to be true... I mean c'mon, that's just silly.

while this is a smart move (if it's true) I am hoping for a more comic version of Batman

Same here.

But if WB really wants to get that $$$ at the box-office, Christian Bale's return as Batman would help a lot and they won't need much introduction to him since we already saw three films with Bale as Batman.

while the movies were good, and bale did some great job, i didnt liked him as Batman, in the suit he looked terrible, the voice was terrible, he didnt do any detective stuff except for the bullet thing with the minigun, for god sakes he did not even knew where the sonar was used (submarines dumbass) ....

I want a real reboot. Not Bale again. He was great in Begins (as Bruce Wayne and Batman) but he didn't convince me in TDK and TDKR. Save that money and put it into the movie itself. Or just save it.

This is going to make me go Anti-Prequel Trilogy levels of stupid if it happens.

You can still have Bale but get to the more comic book version of the character. Have him forced out of retirement...he already has that thing on his leg which gives him extra strength...and maybe there are some plot points which cause him to be paranoid/obsessed and devoted to be over-prepared.

WB should be wanting to make money off of Batman for the next 100 years. It makes no sense to start from scratch every 10.

It does make sense when a film universe is closed off.

It does make sense when a film universe is closed off.

And it makes no sense to spend hundreds of millions and make billions on a film that is closed off, based on a property that you hope to make money off of for a hundred years. That money train is now gone...and they have CHOSEN to dismantle it and start over with an unproven Bat-concept. They made a conscious decision to end the biggest franchise in the history of the company...for...what again?? Because they had to change directors? They didn't even do this when Burton left!

The next Batman movie is no guarantee of ANYTHING. It could be like Batman and Robin. It could be about Harvey Dent becoming Two Face for the third time in 20 years. Oooh...maybe we'll see young Bruce dealing with the back alley murder of his parents again! The point is...by treating The Dark Knight movies as a closed off universe of 3 films, you are basically resetting the value of Batman back to Batman and Robin levels (or whatever the level of interest in a non-specific Batman is). The next Batfilm could very well do a fraction of the business of the Nolan films, which likely would not happen if they had just given us a reason to think that the new actor playing the role was the same guy we enjoyed in previous films.

But don't worry...I'm sure we'll get Batman meeting the Joker for the first time again...which will be just as exciting as the last two times I saw it in theaters! It's one of the few Batman stories anyone cares to see, apparently.

Last edited:
What's done is done. I hate the fact that WB is once again going back to Batman this early. I get that you want to re-establish the two heavy hitters, but honestly, nobody is in a rush to see a Batman movie again, outside of fanboys. I'd rather see WB dabble in some TV and big screen animation to launch some secondary characters, while focusing on MoS 2. Not gonna happen of course.

I don't see how Bale is a bad Batman? As if there was a good one to begin with. I mean you have Keaton, but he was too quiet and not muscular at all. He didnt look like he was Rich, and at times he just looked creepy. Then kilmer, that was just too artsy. And I'm not going to go into Clooney. Overall Bale is a solid actor and plays characters really well. I think it would be a power house to see him with Henry as superman. Plus that was Nolan's Batman, who knows how Bale would be as Batman for Zach Snyder.

This thread doesnt really justify its existence. Close it down.

This thread doesnt really justify its existence. Close it down.

Aside from it being a totally unsubstantiated rumor, it doesn't actually work that way anyways in terms of how stars are paid the huge salary's.

RDJ only made $50m off the avengers from back-end deals based on how well the film did not an up-front salary. So like RDJ wasn't actually offered an up-front $50m, Bale would never be offered an up-front anything beyond $20m or so.

Aside from it being a totally unsubstantiated rumor, it doesn't actually work that way anyways in terms of how stars are paid the huge salary's.

RDJ only made $50m off the avengers from back-end deals based on how well the film did not an up-front salary. So like RDJ wasn't actually offered an up-front $50m, Bale would never be offered an up-front anything beyond $20m or so.

Bale offered £40m to don cape and cowl for Justice League
http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/...-cape-and-cowl-for-justice-league-603499.html

Christian Bale has reportedly been offered £40m (€46.5m) to reprise his role as Batman in "Justice League."
The 39-year-old actor - who portrayed the caped crusader in Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' movie trilogy - previously ruled out returning to the long-rumoured DC Comics superhero team-up project, but movie bosses are determined to get him onside and star in the potential film by offering him the hefty sum.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Bale is facing extraordinary pressure."
Bale has hinted in the past that he would put the famous black cape back on one last time if Nolan was prepared to make a fourth instalment of his popular Batman franchise, but he ruled out the return because he thought it would be "greedy" if the pair made another Batman film together.
He said previously: "We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three. That's enough. Let's not get greedy.
"Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time.
"And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying 'We're about to make the third.' We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well."
Justice League is DC Comic's premium superhero team, featuring all the franchise's biggest stars, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Green Lantern and the Flash.
Apparently a source told the UK's Sun that bale was offered the money (not some book). This differs from the $50 million offer rumor. BTW £40m equates to more than $60 million.

The Sun is hardly a trustworthy source for Bat-info...unless I'm forgetting the movie where Eddie Murphy played The Riddler. It seems that they occasionally invent geek rumors to get attention/web hits.

The Sun is hardly a trustworthy source for Bat-info...unless I'm forgetting the movie where Eddie Murphy played The Riddler. It seems that they occasionally invent geek rumors to get attention/web hits.

The Sun is a terrible cheap newspaper. Everyone in the UK knows it's complete garbage. I wouldn't trust their sources as they are often lies to sell papers.

The Sun reported David Tennant would leave the role of the Doctor in 2006, then 2007, then he announced he was leaving after his specials, and they still got it wrong saying he would leave in 08 and 09 respectively. He finally left in 2010.

Then they reported Matt Smith would leave the role in 2010, then 2011, then 2012 and then 2013 (which they then retracted) and Matt said he would finish in 2013.

Yeah, The Scum is not news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"