Bale rumored 60 Mil to do Batman

I don't see how Bale is a bad Batman? As if there was a good one to begin with. I mean you have Keaton, but he was too quiet and not muscular at all. He didnt look like he was Rich, and at times he just looked creepy. Then kilmer, that was just too artsy. And I'm not going to go into Clooney. Overall Bale is a solid actor and plays characters really well. I think it would be a power house to see him with Henry as superman. Plus that was Nolan's Batman, who knows how Bale would be as Batman for Zach Snyder.
Exactly! It's only certain fanboys who keep moaning for a more "comic accurate" Bats , which Bats are they talking about? The Frank Miller version? Dennis Oneil? Dick Sprang ? Batman has been around for almost 80 years! These film makes have to ADAPT these characters to live action! And the general audience vastly loved the Nolan films... I personally would love to see Bale come back. But not as the Nolan batman but as Zack Snyders Batman. Essentially just reboot the character but with the same actor!

Man, they must be desperate with this movie if that rumor is true. People would kill to get to play Batman.

Bale offered £40m to don cape and cowl for Justice League
http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/...-cape-and-cowl-for-justice-league-603499.html

Apparently a source told the UK's Sun that bale was offered the money (not some book). This differs from the $50 million offer rumor. BTW £40m equates to more than $60 million.

That source means nothing it's the same one that's been passed around based from some quote about how Bale wouldn't turn down 50 million.

It's still BS. Like I said that's not how deals are even made in hollywood.

That source means nothing it's the same one that's been passed around based from some quote about how Bale wouldn't turn down 50 million.

It's still BS. Like I said that's not how deals are even made in Hollywood.

That was from a book. This source that The Sun claims to have was an actual person, since they said that said source told them it was £40m (over $60 million). Also $62-$63 million is not $50 million, so they can be the same source.

Man, they must be desperate with this movie if that rumor is true. People would kill to get to play Batman.

Sure they would, but can they bring in the box office numbers that Bale can? In my opinion, not casting Christian Bale as Batman in a film that will be compared to the the new editions of Marvel's Avengers and the Star Wars franchises that year is definitely a brain fart.

There is no way the film can gross Avengers money by closing the door on the Nolan universe. I still don't think it would match Avengers money per say, even if it was some post-TDK trilogy setting. But now WB has probably limited their box office to something just above a MoS box office. Probably looking at 800 million for a BvS movie that is on par with the quality of MoS. I don't see it being a billion dollar grosser by any stretch. People forget that these characters haven't exactly soared overseas either the way a Spidey or IM has, and that hurts.

If Bale was coming back, this movie could match Avengers money. If not, it would GUARANTEE matching TDK in the box office.

With a reboot, it probably wont match TDK's 1 billion but it will guarantee a much better draw than MOS. Is it possible to match TDK in the box-office with a new actor? Sure. It's no guarantee, but it could happen if the actor is a big name (think Brolin or Gosling) or if the marketing/trailers go over so well with people that it makes people lose their minds, in a good way. That might help it reach a billion.

But Bale would rival Avengers no doubt about it.

BvS is not doing TDK numbers unless it becomes a cultural phenomenon. The movie will truly have to be a classic and not a gimmick based on brand names alone. That's what Avengers and TDK were. Batman needs to be rebooted here, and Superman was coming off a lukewarm movie, so it simply cannot do breakout sequel type money, because it's not a direct sequel per say, and it doesn't have the Avengers buildup, since Batman hasn't had his own franchise prior. Ceiling is probably 900 million or so, especially with Snyder and Goyer still at the helm.

I don't think you could sell the movie based on Bale playing a different Batman either. The movie would open big, but confusion will set in and audiences will be like, whatever... Hollywood money grab FTW. WoM would be affected significantly.

You could do a soft reboot... TDKR adaptation with Bale, just to capture that premise. But the movie would have to be clear that it was not set in the Nolan universe. Very tricky to balance and not something I'd trust Snyder with, as big a fan he is of Frank Miller.

Last edited:
Superman-Batman would match avengers money (even if it where a sequel) just on the sensation alone (if you would have noticed it is getting more buzz than the Avengers: Age of Ultron film right now). Having Bale in the film is just going to make the box office that much bigger. Remember, you are uniting both Superman and Batman fans together for this film (not even counting the general audience).

Last edited:
Superman-Batman would match avengers money (even if it where a sequel) just on the sensation alone (if you would have noticed it is getting more buzz than the Avengers: Age of Ultron film right now). Having Bale in the film is just going to make the box office that much bigger. Remember, you are uniting both Superman and Batman fans together for this film (not even counting the general audience).

So you are predicting that Superman vs Batman would match Avengers' WW box office right now?

I do think it could match Avengers WW box office. The last two Batman films earned 2 billion (1 billion each) and Man of Steel outgrossed all MCU films except for The Avengers/Iron Man 3. If those two team-up (especially if Bale is returning as Batman), it would gross higher than Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises and it would probably be very close to Avengers' WW b.o. numbers.

I don't buy it. Not with the frontloading and terrible reviews Man of Steel got, and doubly so if its a rebooted Batman.

If it's rebooted, it's going to take a huge star in the role of Batman and crazy ass marketing to get to 1 billion. But there's no guarantee of that.

If Bale returns, it's going to make more than Dark Knight and possibly head towards Avengers.

I just don't think Bale and Nolan would allow it to happen since MOS had such split reviews. Snyder is also saying that WB are forcing this to happen right now. Even though he and Goyer are excited as hell to do it (they wanted to do it eventually), it's the studio's decision to do it NOW. It doesn't sound like something created for storyline purposes and that's why I don't see Bale or Nolan signing off on their Batman.

The Sun is hardly a trustworthy source for Bat-info...unless I'm forgetting the movie where Eddie Murphy played The Riddler. It seems that they occasionally invent geek rumors to get attention/web hits.

Haha. The only time you need to read The Sun is when England is playing against Germany in World or European Soccer Championships. "Surrender! Now for you, Fritz, Euro 96 is over!" Gazza and Pearce wearing WW2 steal helmets. :woot:

If it's rebooted, it's going to take a huge star in the role of Batman and crazy ass marketing to get to 1 billion. But there's no guarantee of that.

If Bale returns, it's going to make more than Dark Knight and possibly head towards Avengers.

I just don't think Bale and Nolan would allow it to happen since MOS had such split reviews. Snyder is also saying that WB are forcing this to happen right now. Even though he and Goyer are excited as hell to do it (they wanted to do it eventually), it's the studio's decision to do it NOW. It doesn't sound like something created for storyline purposes and that's why I don't see Bale or Nolan signing off on their Batman.

Any decision those guys make will not be based on critics review. It will be based on the whether or not such a film will get a green light from the studio.

I agree with everything except the highlighted. If the right amount of money and/or the right script (but let's be honest....the money) it's certainly possible that Bale will come back.

Personally I think that Bale coming back is by far the smartest option for WB at this point. If that means paying out $50-60 Million, then it's ultimately worth it because they're sure to make $1 Billion+. Besides, as I've said before throwing away the Nolan Dark Knight films at this point is nonsensical. They don't have to be BOUND by them; but they shouldn't DISOWN them. A soft reboot is the by far the most appropriate approach here. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

You bring up a good point about the studio's role here. Let's be honest, aside from Batman; WB have grossly misplayed their DCU characters (I don't think even the most hardened DC-ite would disagree with that). MOS was their attempt to fix that and set up something larger. Unfortunately, there are still important elements of Superman mythos that are left un-dealt with in MOS (Lex Luthor anyone? Is it fair that his first appearance will be against Superman AND Batman? Would it be fair if the Joker's first appearance was not just against Bats but Supes too?) Thus World's Finest (or whatever they'll call it) seems rushed. Although it should be noted that this is a film WB/DC NEEDS to make; and I'll forgive them for rushing it. With that in mind though I'm still convinced that a very good story can be told with these two, as decades of comics can attest. The real question is: Are Goyer and Snyder the men for the job? MOS' split reception does beg the question.

Edit: I'm in a DC frame of mind these days, so I'm moving away from my traditional MCU sig (they don't need my help, lol) to promote a unified DCCU.

Last edited:
With Christian Bale as a headliner, yes.

Personally, I don't think Bale is coming because he already said TDKR is to be his last Batman movie, and he's not the type of actor who will accept a role due to the paycheck. And we will know his response right away if WB does offer him this amount of money.

Personally, I don't think Bale is coming because he already said TDKR is to be his last Batman movie, and he's not the type of actor who will accept a role due to the paycheck. And we will know his response right away if WB does offer him this amount of money.

He didn't say that. He said if Nolan came to him with the right script he might do it again.

It's still BS. Like I said that's not how deals are even made in hollywood.

I'm not sure if it is the same since the offer was for more than $60 million (not $50 million) and The Sun is saying that the source "told them", which means they didn't read it from some book. We really don't know who their source is, but only time will tell if they were telling the truth or not. I still think it is a big mistake if they never even discussed this with Christian Bale since he has made so much for the Batman Franchise, and he is young enough that he could make three more pictures.

With Bale it has more to do with quality.

He would return if the story was right, so if he's not back for this, it's because this movie feels more like a cashgrab to him and not worthy of his return. It just means that Batman vs Superman is better off in a more comic booky/sci-fi world for a new Batman. New actor.

As much as I think Bale could work with Cavill's Superman, I look at the fighting and action and think "Arkham City Batman would fit JUST fine here".

But Bale is young enough sure.

I wouldn't let the MoS reviews factor into my decision, were I Bale. Most of the shared stuff between the reviews was desperately needed to make a good Supes film. I would prefer a new Batman for a new Batman film universe that embraces the elements Nolan stayed away from.

Exactly! It's only certain fanboys who keep moaning for a more "comic accurate" Bats , which Bats are they talking about? The Frank Miller version? Dennis Oneil? Dick Sprang ? Batman has been around for almost 80 years! These film makes have to ADAPT these characters to live action! And the general audience vastly loved the Nolan films... I personally would love to see Bale come back. But not as the Nolan batman but as Zack Snyders Batman. Essentially just reboot the character but with the same actor!

It's not a knock against Bale or Nolan but the hyper real Batman doesn't fit in a world where there are Supermen.
I want a Batman that is not in heavy rubber suits.
I want a Batman that is acrobatic.
I want a Batman that will one day take an orphan and make him Robin.
I want a Batman that can fight crime one day and Mr. Freeze the next.
I want a Batman that uses Batarangs.

It's not a knock against Bale or Nolan but the hyper real Batman doesn't fit in a world where there are Supermen.
I want a Batman that is not in heavy rubber suits.
I want a Batman that is acrobatic.
I want a Batman that will one day take an orphan and make him Robin.
I want a Batman that can fight crime one day and Mr. Freeze the next.
I want a Batman that uses Batarangs.
I cant argue with that. I want that too. Probably more fitting in a universe with Superman, especially if they want more solo movies for Batman and crossovers. But if they don't right now, Bale can work. He would need a new suit anyway + the fighting will be different anyway under a new director. No reason why he cant use batarangs either. If Bale was back, some changes would be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"