The Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, IMO Anson Mount (Star of AMC's Hell on Wheels) is probably the most badass choice to replace Bale as Batman. Especially if this show becomes as big as Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s0JAAfA7IE

amc-hell-on-wheels-anson-mount-ifc-western-1.jpg

imageascn.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0609845/

I don't like him at all. I vastly prefer Luke Evans if dat Fass would be unavailable.

No big reason, honestly, I've not seen enough to accurately and fully critique him, I'm just not a fan of his. He doesn't strike me as Batman.

I completely disagree. X:FC was a successful reboot, just like Batman Begins and Star Trek.
Both those movies were at least able to recoup their budgets (and then some) domestically. FC didn't.

X:FC reimagined X-men for new audiences, throwing in elements of Bond in there... it made it fresh.
It did, but it didn't hit with new audiences, which is kind of key. Less people saw that movie than any movie in the franchise. It doesn't matter if you re-imagine the franchise for a new audience if they don't actually see it.

The sequel will happen.
It's certainly possible, as Fox doesn't seem to know what they want to do with this franchise and are rolling the dice that FC's goodwill won them some future success, but unless the sequel's a much bigger success than FC, that'll be the last we see of this crew.

Fassbender is perfect in that role too. Marvel got him.
I agree he was perfect in the role, and I LOVED First Class. But Marvel ain't "got" s***. Fassbender's an actor who's pretty much equally perfect in every role he takes on, and he's free to pursue whatever projects he likes. Unless we hear him or Marvel say he's contractually exclusive to them, there's absolutely no legitimate reason he can't be considered for WB/DC films.

im probably the only one who could ever see david duchovny as bats. i get the feeling he could pull off bruce's " playboy " personality.

of course, most people would think this idea would be terrible :oldrazz:

Last edited:
He was actually one of the names rumoured for Joel Shumaker's Batman Triumphant.

im probably the only one who could ever see david duchovny as bats. i get the feeling he could pull off bruce's " playboy " personality.

Too old now but I could see him as a Neal Adams style Batman. Also the Question.

yea, the age thing can be a bit of a problem. although i honestly couldnt tell he was in his 50s by looking at him without looking it up.

obviously not comics related at all but i could see him play nathan drake in an uncharted movie too but obviously he's too old for that as well.

Duchovny looks great for his age. i could have totally seen him as Bruce/Batman back in the 90s.

Like Fassbender, I can imagine him playing a great Bruce Wayne, but struggle to imagine him convincingly play Batman in the outfit.
It's the same thing with Clooney, he was probably capable of a good Bruce Wayne, but even in a better production wasn't the right actor for playing Batman.

There is something about Fassbender, the way he looks, that makes me think he would look silly once he put on the cowl. He has a very refined face, like an old man or something, not that he looks old, he doesn't, but he looks like he carries the soul of an old man in him kind of thing, and would look ridiculous if he tried mucking around in a Batman outfit and putting on a gruff kind of voice.
edit: Funnily enough, i could see him in an adaptation of Miller's TDKR, but because the character freely admits that he is going back to a young man's game, and so his old man vibe would be right for the suit.

Duchovny, I just don't think he has the right kind of face for the cowl either, I don't know why exactly, but I can't see him inhabiting the persona in the suit, it would just look like DD dressing up for halloween.
and, like Clooney, I couldn't see/hear him doing the voice at all.

Last edited:
Really? I actually think Fassbender's face would look great in the cowl.

Really? I actually think Fassbender's face would look great in the cowl.
Ditto. He has the perfect chin/jaw/mouth for it, imo. As for the voice, I wouldn't expect him to do a full-on Bale growl, just something lower and huskier than his normal tone, which is pretty much what he was doing in the Argentina bar when he said he was "Frankenstein's monster" in XM:FC. His usual voice is higher-pitched enough from that to sound completely different. His voice is actually quite dynamic when you listen to interviews vs. his more intense movie characters.

Ditto. He has the perfect chin/jaw/mouth for it, imo. As for the voice, I wouldn't expect him to do a full-on Bale growl, just something lower and huskier than his normal tone, which is pretty much what he was doing in the Argentina bar when he said he was "Frankenstein's monster" in XM:FC. His usual voice is higher-pitched enough from that to sound completely different. His voice is actually quite dynamic when you listen to interviews vs. his more intense movie characters.

Exactly. I think his eyes would look great in the cowl too.

My personal dream cast for a reboot. Would be more fun than Nolan's take and more faithful than Burton's. Very BTAS inspired but not a carbon copy. I see this as a 4-5 movie series. Trilogies are lame, and 6+ is more than my imagination is producing right now.

my_batman_reboot_cast_by_valor1387.jpg

Bat-family:
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jon Hamm
Alfred Pennyworth - Bill Nighy
Commissioner Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Nightwing/Dick Grayson - Ben Barnes
Robin/Tim Drake - Logan Lerman
Batgirl/Barbara Gordon - Jena Malone
Catwoman/Selina Kyle - Rachel Weisz
Red Hood/Jason Todd - Tom Sturridge
Batwoman/Kate Kane - Laura Benanti

Allies:
Dr. Leslie Thompkins - Helen Mirren
Lucius Fox - Idris Elba
Det. Sarah Essen - Cate Blanchett
Det. Harvey Bullock - John Travolta
Det. Renee Montoya - Michelle Rodriguez
Det. Jason Bard - Jamie Bamber
Vicki Vale - Olivia Wilde
Janice Porter - Rachel McAdams
Andrea Beaumont - Emily Blunt

Big Baddies:
Joker - Adrien Brody
Harley Quinn - Kristen Bell
Two-Face - Clive Owen
Riddler - Ewan McGregor
Scarecrow - David Tennant
Poison Ivy - Kate Winslet
Black Mask - Tom Hardy
Talia Head - Monica Bellucci
Dr. Hugo Strange - Timothy Dalton

Side villains/hired Henchmen:
Bane - Javier Bardem
Penguin - Jason Alexander
Mr. Freeze - Harrison Ford
Ubu - Oded Fehr
Killer Croc - Boris Kodjoe
Mad Hatter - Malcolm McDowell
Zsasz - James Marsters
Firefly - Ryan Phillipe
Roxy Rockett - Mila Kunis

Lots of cool choices, well, except for Travolta. Actually, I guess Travolta is fat enough for Bullock.

That's a pretty amazing cast there, Majik!

Though I do agree with Eddie that Travolta seems a little odd for Bullock. I just always imagined Bullock a little...rougher, I guess, in the Mickey Rourke sense.

Lots of cool choices, well, except for Travolta. Actually, I guess Travolta is fat enough for Bullock.

That's a pretty amazing cast there, Majik!

Though I do agree with Eddie that Travolta seems a little odd for Bullock. I just always imagined Bullock a little...rougher, I guess, in the Mickey Rourke sense.
Thanks. Regarding Travolta, I'm sad to say I feel he gets typecast into the "softer" tough guy roles; I enjoyed him in From Paris with Love, Face/Off, Punisher, Swordfish, and of course Pulp Fiction. All of those I felt a subtle difference from his softer side into his more rough side, and while I originally liked James Gandolfini in the role, not only is it uninspired and possibly boring, I feel Travolta would add an extra depth to the character more than any actor I can think of at the moment.

PsyJ said:
Exactly. I think his eyes would look great in the cowl too.

He might have a good jaw, but I can't see him carrying the eye-make-up, the ears, the whole shebang, it just doesn't seem to fit his vibe, imo.

Fassbender would look great in the cowl. Ignore the suit, but this manip, in my opinion shows he'd be great:

Fassbender_Bats.jpg

I was hoping someone would do a manip of him in the suit, :up: , aye, he does look not bad there, although I wouldn't have chosen a jawline with the ginger moustache, haha, but good work there.

Both those movies were at least able to recoup their budgets (and then some) domestically. FC didn't.
It did, but it didn't hit with new audiences, which is kind of key. Less people saw that movie than any movie in the franchise. It doesn't matter if you re-imagine the franchise for a new audience if they don't actually see it.
It's certainly possible, as Fox doesn't seem to know what they want to do with this franchise and are rolling the dice that FC's goodwill won them some future success, but unless the sequel's a much bigger success than FC, that'll be the last we see of this crew. .

You do have a point about the budget and box office. Doesn't Fox have to make another X-men though before 2014, in order to retain the rights?

The XFC franchise seems the furthest along in development, with a whole cast already on contract, director, writers etc

I agree he was perfect in the role, and I LOVED First Class. But Marvel ain't "got" s***. Fassbender's an actor who's pretty much equally perfect in every role he takes on, and he's free to pursue whatever projects he likes. Unless we hear him or Marvel say he's contractually exclusive to them, there's absolutely no legitimate reason he can't be considered for WB/DC films .

The X-men sequel will essentially determine that. We should be finding out whether the sequel is happening very soon. So far, all signs are pointing to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"