The Dark Knight Rises Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
Okay, I was really pissed when the Batman & Robin movie did Bane so poorly...they exaggerated the venom he injects into himself, looked ******ed when they decided to make him look GREEN, and they made him the dumbest thing alive...o ya..and they appearently made it to where he could not even talk -__-.

So who do you think should play Bane if Nolan were to ever bring him into his movies? I would really like to see Bane presented exactly how he should be..but maybe instead of actually breaking Batman's back he only injures him greatly. I do not know who could play him off the top of my head but it should be someone who basically just looks the part..I know Bane is not supposed to be dumb as shown in that crappy Batman & Robin movie...but an actor with GREAT skill is NOT exactly needed for this role.

Dalip Singh

de157c9cc6.jpg

ad68c95372.jpg

yardpre3.jpg

thats crazy, the I think the guy would have to be pretty buff, like T-2 Arnold and then when he injects the Venom he turns gigantic, which would be part stunt double and part CGI

My only concern with Daliph Singh would be his english. In the only role i've seen him in, The Longest Yard, he spoke very poor english. Now, i'm not sure if that was just his character or the actor, but I hope the guy does have a bit better english than what was shown in that film.

There's a couple of guys in The Longest Yard that could play Bane, either Daliph Singh (^^ In the second picture, his freakin' hand is bigger than that woman's head!!), or Bill Goldberg. They're both monsters.

Daliph Singh is the obvious choice for the role,plus hes perfect.

The trouble with casting Bane is that most actors who would have the physique to pull it off do not have the acting ability and those actors who would have the required intensity do not have the body.

One option would be to have a guy with the right body to play him wearing the mask at all times, and then have his voice dubbed in by someone else like Darth Vader in Star Wars.

Another option would be to cast a WWE star. They certainly have the physiques and most of them are good at acting. Here's their current champion, Batista. I could see him under the mask.

full_Batista4.jpg

AJF499 said:
Another option would be to cast a WWE star. They certainly have the physiques and most of them are good at acting. Here's their current champion, Batista. I could see him under the mask.

full_Batista4.jpg

bwhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

...what are you talking about AFJ499...the person that plays Bane does not require good acting skills..Bane is just a muscle for hire.

And besides...Bane is ALWAYS wearing his mask..not once has people seen his face...

Bane discovered Bruce Wayne's identity, that hadn't to be easy. He's brains plus brawn, a deadly combination.

Ewwww...somebody's only seen Bane in the movies. Bane orchestrated the release of all the baddies from Arkham so Batman would be too exhausted to put up any kind of fight against him. In the comics, he was extremely smart and worked for no one. Now, I don't know of any acting credits this guy may have, but Markus Ruhl, in my opinion, fits the physical description.
http://www.81x.com/Authors/bigwillevo/mr1.jpg

mr1.jpg

Shamik said:
Ewwww...somebody's only seen Bane in the movies. Bane orchestrated the release of all the baddies from Arkham so Batman would be too exhausted to put up any kind of fight against him. In the comics, he was extremely smart and worked for no one. Now, I don't know of any acting credits this guy may have, but Markus Ruhl, in my opinion, fits the physical description.
http://www.81x.com/Authors/bigwillevo/mr1.jpg

mr1.jpg

Jeez this guys huge.

-___-

All the people replying saying Bane is smart...completely misinterpreted what I was saying..I was not saying Bane is not smart..I was saying that the person playing him would not require really good acting skills...that has nothing to do with talking about Bane's intelligence...

trustyside-kick said:
...what are you talking about AFJ499...the person that plays Bane does not require good acting skills..Bane is just a muscle for hire.

And besides...Bane is ALWAYS wearing his mask..not once has people seen his face...

You really need to read the 'Knightfall' story arc in which Bane, leading a team of goons, systematically tests Batman and pushes him to the limit before beating him one on one.

And yes, you do see him without the mask in that series.

trustyside-kick said:
I was saying that the person playing him would not require really good acting skills...that has nothing to do with talking about Bane's intelligence...
Why would he not require good acting skills? It's as good as saying they don't need a skillful actor to play Ra's, and yet they got Liam Neeson. Bane is a major villain, he deserves to be well represented.

Cats said:
Why would he not require good acting skills? It's as good as saying they don't need a skillful actor to play Ra's, and yet they got Liam Neeson. Bane is a major villain, he deserves to be well represented.

Yea I know he should be well presented with a good actor...but what big buff guys are out there that can play Bane and are also really well at acting...It would suck if they put someone to play Bane who actually was not even big enough.

Iono, the way I see is that there are few people that can look the part that can also act well. So prove me wrong please and give people's names and pics to see who can pull Bane off.

I guess Michael Clarke Duncan could probably do the best job with the character, but people would $hit because he already played Kingpin.

trustyside-kick said:
It would suck if they put someone to play Bane who actually was not even big enough.
Bane doesn't always have to have that size, in fact it would be inaccurate if he was naturally that large. Bane of the comics as well as the animated series is moderately muscular - it's only with venom that he ends up twice his size, also like the pictures most people have posted. But not before. I'm confident hollywood has sufficient technology to prosthetically buff up a man and make it look believable. It's more important that a good actor is cast than a man of Bane's buffed up build.

Cats said:
Bane doesn't always have to have that size, in fact it would be inaccurate if he was naturally that large. Bane of the comics as well as the animated series is moderately muscular - it's only with venom that he ends up twice his size, also like the pictures most people have posted. But not before. I'm confident hollywood has sufficient technology to prosthetically buff up a man and make it look believable. It's more important that a good actor is cast than a man of Bane's buffed up build.

Yea I know...but..think about it..what good actors are a good size to play Bane? I mean..I am not saying Vin Diesel is a really good actor but I did like his role in A Man Apart..but I do not see him as being Bane. I do not see any actual actors as Bane. So to me I think the appearance is more important :x. But since you made that point..who do you think should play Bane then?

I would like to see a buffed up Benecio Del Toro....because he can act!

I despise Vin Diesel....but physically he would be okay as Bane...his acting is not very good though....

Dark Knight said:
this guys does intrigue me also....but can he act?? Can he even speak English good enough???

yeah.. he definatly could pull it off. Andre the giant would ahve done a good job but its too bad he is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"